The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

On a personal note..

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

On a personal note.. Empty On a personal note..

Post by queenzelda Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:31 pm

I just can't believe so many of my favorites are gone. First it started with David Bowie who passed away due to cancer. Then it was Prince soon after due to an overdose. Then on Christmas day, my favorite singer George Michael passes away due to heart complications. Same as Carrie Fisher who passed away today.

It's so hard to imagine my world without these people in it anymore. Prince who I listen to on an almost daily basis. David Bowie who I will forever see as the one true 'Goblin King', or even George Michael who's voice was like none other I'd ever heard before. All silenced. Even Carrie Fisher who's character Princess Leia was my favorite out of all the now Disney princess's due to Disney buying Star Wars from Lucas. She now too is gone. I looked up to her, as an activist & as a strong woman; to which there aren't many of. I am beyond sad today.. I just can't believe.. She's gone. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

On a personal note.. Empty Re: On a personal note..

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 pm

This year has been a really rough one for celebrity deaths. And while a couple were expected anyway, these were definitely some of the more difficult ones to deal with because nobody really thought they would go so soon. It really is hard to believe all these people are gone now, but it happens. :/
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:21 pm

It's sad to see so many people pass on sooner then we would have liked. With that said they can rest in peace now and know that so many people enjoyed what they brought to the table.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:34 pm

It's like my dad said; I tend to get attached to people & when they're in my life some how or another when they pass it effects me. As does it effect others who know who they are as well.

Etc:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Christmas Queen wrote:It's like my dad said; I tend to get attached to people & when they're in my life some how or another when they pass it effects me. As does it effect others who know who they are as well.

Etc:
    You're right...it's a possibility. It certainly isn't one I want to happen anytime soon though if ever, hopefully we won't really have to deal with anything like that, it must've been terrible for you. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Yea, it was pretty tough on me. Mostly because he would always role play as Shadow the hedgehog & the way he would do it was as my always stalwart protector. No one else role played Shadow like that around me but him. He was always the only one, protecting my character during a role play & was always kind to me. It's like he took the idea of my Princess oc & decided she was the one who Shadow knew from the series cannon & it's just the way it was. So his passing suddenly was not only shocking, but very upsetting. I do miss him even now & think of him fondly; wondering which RP he'd be in with everyone. But, I'm ok with him being gone because deep down he's still in my heart, so I'm ok with his being gone. Like how it is with the others who passed on now too, like Carrie Fisher, Prince, Bowie, & Georgie. :3
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I always worry when an active member just disappears without giving everyone a reason on why there leaving.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Yea, which is the reason why I'll say when I'm going away for vacation. Or if I'm sick & haven't been as active as I feel I usually am I'll at least try to say something about it in some way shape form or fashion.

Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Sad . I have to admit, that thought is always in the back of my mind when a member disappears from the face of the earth unannounced - especially if it's an older member. Of course, 99% of the time it's just that they suddenly became busy or had internet problems - but I dread the day when that proves not to be the case....

And, yes, it has been a dreadful year for celebrity deaths. In a way, I'm not entirely surprised: pop culture expanded massively from the 1960s onwards, and we're now at the point where the main celebrities from back then are in their 70s and 80s. However, it's also true that there have been some real shockers this year: in particular, David Bowie, Prince, George Michael and Carrie Fisher were all under 70 years old when they passed away this year. They all went before their time :'( .
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I imagine it must be terrible to have confirmation on something so dreadful. I'd be very saddened. It's something that's part of life though it's certainly something you don't want to happen to someone you care about.

This year was quite tragic for celebrities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:22 pm