The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
7 posters

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia Empty Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 pm

A remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden is coming to the 3DS and it will be released on May 19th. The game will also have 2 amiibo.

This was the surprise of the Direct and I'm happy to see that older fans got thrown a bone after all.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia Empty Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:35 pm

The free-roaming makes this really interesting! I'm excited to see where they go with it, I'll probably pick it up because I'm not planning to buy Switch until Splatoon 2 releases, I'll need something to play lol.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia Empty Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Ah, a Fire Emblem with just the story & none of the tacked on crap from the newer games. I believe this will be the game I get to get back into the series. Smile
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:40 pm

I've wanted to play the older ones for a while and this looks like a good way to not but do, plus free roaming and dungeons sound interesting.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 pm

I didn't like the original. But I get the feeling this will be WAAAAAAAAY better. lol
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Please don't mess this up, IS. It's your perfect chance to win back the crowd you lost with FE13 and FE14, don't waste it by making another FE12.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 pm

Here's a new trailer showing off some of the voice acting.

Celica sounds decent and sadly it seem like Yuri Lowenthal is Alm.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:25 am

I still want to see more gameplay footage but it's looking good and I do also like the voice acting. I still want to play Fates Conquest so I'm gonna wait before deciding if I want this one first or not.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Here's a new trailer and there will also be a special edition.

PR email wrote:Fans that want to level up their Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia experience when the game launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on May 19 can do so by picking up the game’s Limited Edition bundle, launching the same day. The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition bundle includes the game; a hardcover Valentia Artbook; a Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Sound Selection CD; a Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Pin Set depicting characters Alm, Celica and Marth; and a reversible cover sheet that looks like the packaging for the original Famicom game this new one is based on. It will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99 at select retailers.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia reimagines Fire Emblem Gaiden, a Famicom game that was previously only released in Japan. This new version of the game sports modern graphics, cinematics and, in a first for the series, free-roaming 3D dungeon environments.

Also launching on May 19 are the Alm and Celica amiibo figures, available only as a set at a suggested retail price of $24.99. When used in the game, these amiibo will activate their own exclusive dungeons, allowing heroes to earn items and level up their armies further by defeating bosses. By selecting Mila’s Turnwheel from the menu on the overworld map, they will also be able to take advantage of their Alm and Celica amiibo in battle. During combat, players can sacrifice a portion of Alm or Celica’s health in order to summon a computer-controlled illusory hero, which will act as a temporary ally for a single turn.

As Alm and Celica get stronger, their stats can be saved to their respective amiibo, allowing their summoned unit to grow in strength alongside them. In addition, all Fire Emblem amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series can be used to summon an illusory hero of that character, allowing players to seek assistance from spectral visages of Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina and the upcoming Corrin amiibo. All other currently available amiibo are also compatible, and will summon an additional monster to the battleground to assist players in battle, providing some much-needed help in case of a strategic emergency.

This game is the latest in the long-running and growing strategy-RPG series, and comes hot on the heels of the recently released free-to-start game Fire Emblem Heroes on smart devices. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will see players take control of the two separate armies of Alm and Celica as their differing quests attempt to achieve the unified goal of bringing peace to the land of Valentia. Battles in the Fire Emblem series see players take their small force of recruited soldiers against increasingly powerful armies in turn-based battles that require careful tactical planning, as mistakes or failed attacks will see units become exposed and vulnerable to enemy attack.

The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition bundle launches in stores on May 19 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The stand-alone version of the game will also be available at a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information about the game, visit http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia 3DS_FireEmblemEchoes_LimitedEditionBundle_artwork

Nice to see that casual mode is back for everyone who just wants to enjoy the game without losing anyone. I'm hoping to get the special edition when it goes up on Amazon or Best Buy if I can.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

From what I've heard the special edition has sold out already, so good luck getting one. Personally I think I'll be able to get one because the store I purchase my games through sometimes gets special editions in, so I'm hopeful to find one there. But if not I'm fine with just getting the game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Skyward Sword was the only special edition version of a game I've ever bought, and I don't see any reason to break that trend here. But the game looks really good, I'm excited to play it at some point.
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 am

New trailer exploring more of the gameplay:
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm

I really like how you can redo a turn now in case you make a mistake and it seems like they added a few new villager units.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 am

From what I've watched/read Mila's Turnwheel doesn't have a limit to how far back you can rewind on a single use (though rewinding a whole battle seems excessive)

Technically Faye is the only new Villager (I believe Atlas started as Villager in Gaiden as well), but I'm more interested in where the Villager Forks are >.>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:08 pm