The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Nintendo Trademarks "Pocket Camp"

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Trademarks "Pocket Camp"  Empty Nintendo Trademarks "Pocket Camp"

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm

While it's unknown what this is for, it's always fun to look at stuff Nintendo trademarks because a lot of the time it ends up being used in a future product. Nintendo has filed for the trademark "Pocket Camp" pertaining to video game consoles. (this does not mean it itself would be used as a console name)

I kind of wonder if this will be some sort of new app for the Switch that could give it a functionality similar to Streetpass on 3DS. Streetpass was always a pretty cool concept and I was surprised they didn't include something from the get go on Switch considering it can be used as a handheld. (but it is being marketed as a home console which may be why)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Nintendo Trademarks "Pocket Camp"  Empty Re: Nintendo Trademarks "Pocket Camp"

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:32 pm

Kind of sounds like an add on for the next Wii Fit type of game. I doubt they would bring back street pass on the Switch do to it not being the most portable system out there.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Pocket Camp could be the name of the new Animal Crossing app. Wherein you get to camp out with the folk in the new mobile game app is my thought.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:38 pm

^ Ohhhh that's something I didn't think about. It's definitely a possibility, but I do find it odd that they'd just call it Pocket Camp and not include Animal Crossing in the title. But Nintendo is weird so it's certainly possible lol. Going off of that though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of mobile to console connectivity app although I don't know if it would be Animal Crossing specifically or not. I do like your idea though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:11 am