The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval Empty [RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 pm

The popular streaming service might be coming to the Switch sooner then we think.

This info comes straight from GoNintendo user KamehamehaX, and we're happy to bring it to you!
    According to a Netflix customer service rep, Netflix is "locked and loaded" for Switch. Apparently Netflix has been trying to get permission to launch their app on Switch, and as soon as Nintendo gives the go-ahead, the app can be added to the eShop. As of right now, Netflix is just waiting for Nintendo to give the green light.
    Obviously, we don't have confirmation from Nintendo on this, and I know some people don't believe customer service reps. We've certainly seen reps get info wrong before. Let's just hope this info is correct and the service will be added to Switch soon!

Source

The sooner this happens the better. My family pretty much only uses the old Wii as a Netflix player so this news could help factor in if we get a Switch for the living room sooner rather then later.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval Empty Re: [RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm

So it seems like it's more Nintendo not wanting apps like this on the Switch than developers not wanting to release their apps on Switch. I get that they want to focus on games, but it doesn't quite make sense to me that they want to do it like this. Especially when Netflix is complete.

[RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval Empty Re: [RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm

It'd be better to do it sooner than later. 

I know they said they wanted to focus more on the gaming aspect of the Switch. It is, after all, a game console first and foremost. But c'mon. Stop being stubborn Nintendo.

You have Nico Nico for the JP eShop.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm

I wish they would. It's like I told Jing, I don't hardly play anything on my Switch save Octopath Traveler demo & a few rounds of Sonic Mania. It's be nice if I could watch some Netflix from my Switch. :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:36 am