The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

What Do You Think About Gun Laws?

Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

What Do You Think About Gun Laws? Empty What Do You Think About Gun Laws?

Post by Polar Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:57 am

Honestly, I'm completely baffled about the fact that Americans are okay with any person owning a gun.

Guns are really dangerous, and I wouldn't really trust any people with them. Of course guns aren't the only dangerous things out there but they are unique because there only purpose is to kill. Well, they can be used to seriously injure, to threaten or to pretend to kill but that's no good is it? A car can be dangerous if used incorrectly however a gun can be dangerous if it's used correctly and dangerous if used incorrectly.

It's people who kill, not guns, but they kill with guns because they kill rather easy. Just compare the school shooting in the US (with guns) that happened a while ago with the school attack in China (with knives). It's almost certain that if the kids in China were shot, they would all be killed and if the people in the shooting were stabbed, hardly none would be dead.

I think tighter gun laws should be implanted.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

What Do You Think About Gun Laws? Empty Re: What Do You Think About Gun Laws?

Post by Dark Jester Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 am

It's a toughie.

A world without guns could be seen as a world based around torture.

Guns should be used as protection, but are often misused for pure murder. But then you take away something right for protection... then they'd probably get beaten or stabbed to death.

It's quite an interesting dilemma you pose, but I think ruling out gun on the whole wouldn't make for a better world, as it's the people using the guns... not so much the guns themselves.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 am

I disagree with like 95% of your post, Polar. :L

I do think, however, they should regulate gun laws, I don't know much about different kinds of guns, but we shouldn't be allowed to have just any guns...

But we need to have guns to protect ourselves, sure they could indeed kill people, but for self-defense, it's just fine. The other guy would probably go away after just seeing the gun anyway.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Well really even if people weren't allowed to have guns, plenty would still find ways to get them trying hard enough.It's the people that kill people not the gun itself, banning guns won't make anything better really because people can still find easy ways to get them. And there are plenty of other ways to kill someone other than gun, so given the person desperate enough they'd try some other way to do it, no ones banning kitchen knives, those could kill, no ones banning rope, that could lead to strangulation. Really you can't just blame the tool when it's the one who wields it that uses it wrongly.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Which is probably why (in the US of course) there's a pending law about not allowing someone to buy a gun for someone who is like a felon or something and is unallowed to purchase a gun.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Now that does seem like a good idea to me.

It's that extra thought put into the person buying the guy the gun that will really save lives here.

Although, there are still other means of getting a gun, that kid who did them school shootings... I bet he didn't get that gun himself...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Yeah, I know a lot about that...because I just wrote an essay about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:56 am