The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Wii Moddng

Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Wii Moddng Empty Wii Moddng

Post by Dark Jester Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 am

So, do any of you have a Modded Wii?

Have you ever wanted one?

I've had the Homebrew Channel on here for year, I've not gone into IOS/Backup loading yet, but I have stolen a fair share of Wiiware apps.

Although to be honest, that was not my main intentions when it came to Wii Hacking, I particularly love modding Smash Brothers for custom Music, Skins, Stages and more.

And editing your town in Animal Crossing is also a blast. I'd never hack in a competitive game to get an advantage, but I do love me some gimmicky tricks though~

Another thing I use Homebrew for is Emulation, it pretty much runs everything, so if I ever want to run a game on my TV... I turn to the Wii.

I know some people might look down on Wii Modding, but honestly... it's really fun, and I've gotten a lot more out of my Wii because of it. Something I've yet to try out yet... but apparently I've modded my wii now so that it's region free...
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Wii Moddng Empty Re: Wii Moddng

Post by Kinopio Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 am

I really did want to mod my Wii in the past to be honest; however, back in the last few years I just got worried if something were to happen to my Wii if Nintendo made more of those forced updates. Thinking back...I really did wish I had modded it instead. A lot of aspects especially the hacking of texture designs and mods for games like Brawl and NSMB Wii would have really been neat.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:07 pm

You have no real need to worry, from what I can tell the wii system menu has been at 4.3 for a good couple of years now, and probably wont change again. But if ever did, there is something called "Priiloader" that can not only block online updates, but send you to a separate system screen that will send you back to the HBC or boot your games regardless.

It even boots up former versions and ISO's of the wii. Making it very easy to recover if ever bricked.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:22 pm

I've never tried it, and I do not have a modded Wii. I've seen people hack their Wii and all that stuff in videos though, and it looks kinda cool I guess.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 pm

As soon as I get a USB Drive I'll start IOS hacking...

What?, I did confess to being a pirate in a few threads~

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:20 am

Sometime back in mid-2010, I believe. Only for the purpose of playing Tales of Graces.

As of today, the Nintendo Wii is no longer modded.
    hcfwesker
    hcfwesker
    Baby Yoshi
    Baby Yoshi

Internet Browser : Opera

User Points : 9
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Metroid

Post by hcfwesker Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:20 am

I'm not ashamed to admit I hjave modded my wii and have downloaded ISO backups. At first, like many, I just wanted Smash Bros hacks, mostly the infinite replay save hack to save and upload macthes that went over 3 minutes.Now, I don't pirate, to say so in the least. But, when yuo spend $50 on sooooo many of the crappy games that ca,me out for Wii, you have to draw the line somewhere. Yeah, I paid full retail for games like the Grudge, Boy and his Blob, etc. So, after feeling like I was owed, I started backupping games I knew were gonna be crap, butr I still wanted to play them. Now, when it came to Nintendo or AAA titles, I'd buy them, I am a game collector afterall.

For those considering this, the Samsh Stack hack CANNOT to be blocked by updated Wii versions. It's the only hack that Nintendo can't prevent, so go that route. For those wanting to venture out into this relam, send me a PM. I have over 140 wii games backed up lol, and that's not including VC and WiiWare games ... games you can't even get off the VC Shop Channel like one of my fave NES games of all time, DuckTales! Very Happy

Matter a fact, made a video of some of my stiff from Homebrew to show a friend just before we fixed her Wii up over skupe. http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=1LhMuIYoALxtMYbmUX8SIIh4l5k2TGxc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:29 pm