The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it?

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it? Empty Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it?

Post by queenzelda Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Personally I DESPISE Gamestop with a passion as one time I went to one I was sent out the door with a Barbie GBA game when I clearly went in & purchased a Zelda GBA title! (It was even on the flipping receipt for goodness sake!) <.<;

I started DISLIKING Gamestop even LESS when they hopped on board the Xbone hype train LONG before Microsoft 'took back' what they said they were planning to do with it's gaming policies. <.<

What are your feelings towards Gamestop: good, bad, or heck even indifferent?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it? Empty Re: Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Well considering there really aren't any other game stores, at least around my area, I do go there for the most part to purchase games...so in that respect, I do like Gamestop.

Generally though, I do hate many things about it. Like, their point system for trading in games is TERRIBLE, I want money for trading in games, rather than having to trade in 5 games or so to to get $5 off my next preowned game purchase thay costs over $10. >_>

Also, you getting a Barbie GBA game makes no sense, can you be a bit more clear on what happened and how you were given a Barbie game instead of Zelda?
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it? Empty Re: Gamestop: do you love it or do you hate it?

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 pm

I really hate Gamestop and avoid going there because of the open games they try selling to you new and your out of luck of you don't pre order the game for the most part if is a Nintendo game.
    The reason why there were telling everyone to pre order an Xbox One is because they likely have a contract with Microsoft. You can just tell because of the way they set up the store.
    Gamestop is in there final years if they don't bring in some old games from older systems for cheep prices.
    Best Buy is my go to place for games and sometimes Walmart or Target if my mom won't take me to Best Buy to get the game I want to buy.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01 pm

My main method of buying games is usually online, or I can just walk to a Fred Meyers that's like a mile or two away from my house, but if I'm by a gamestop with money I buy a game, I'm not too concerned doing any turn ins or swaps, I like the ideas, or concepts of what they say, as in save some money the more things you get, or trade in games for money, but the little amount you receive is a very awful. It's not my preference to go to Gamestop, but I will if I have to. So I have a love hate relation, I love I can buy used games cheaper, and frankly don't give a damn for special offers.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Well from what I remember I went into the Gamestop store & I handed the person behind the counter the opened box for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past GBA title. I even PAID for the game & even the receipt SHOWED I purchased said Zelda game. But THEN I opened up the box & found a Barbie GBA game inside the box INSTEAD of the Zelda title I CLEARLY had purchased. <.<;

But yea; seeing as they keep the games behind the counter & NOT in the box of course some one would f*ck up some where. But this was a bit of an insulting f*ck up at least impo it was. >.>;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Wow...the one employee that always seems to be working at the Gamestop I go to is a really nice man, he'd never do that to me.

I'd never go back there either though. Razz
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 pm

You can tell when people actually care about the people that they're helping rather than just do something quick and not pay attention. That's why sometimes the person behind the counter will try to strike up a conversation or something which is preferable over the people that don't even look at you when filling out your order.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:50 pm

There always needs to be a third option...

I don't care about Gamestop despite them being the place for my "gaming needs".

Although, in my experiences, EVERY GAMESTOP I've been to has had pleasant employees who know their s*** about gaming. I've never been "harassed" or "judged". I guess that's why I keep going back?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:55 pm