The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system? Empty Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Do you think that the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShop should both allow for the same account? I think this should be the case, as it would be MUCH easier to download a game on the 3DS and a game on the Wii U using the prepaid cards, you could just add money to the one account, and get a game you wanted on the 3DS, as well as one on Wii U, without having to spend extra money.

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system? Empty Re: Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system?

Post by Luma Party Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:56 pm

That would make perfect sense.
    But Nintendo wants to make more money.
    Which is why I believe this will never happen.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system? Empty Re: Should the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U eShop have a unified account system?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:28 pm

It's nice that with credit cards, you can just add the amount of money that you need in order to purchase the game you want, rather than being forced to pay extra money, more than you need. So I really don't think it's just that they want more money.

It's likely because, the 3DS eShop had been around for 2 years, and the Wii U really doesn't have much connectivity with the 3DS, if at all as far as I know.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Of course it would be a GREAT idea as Sony is ALREADY DOING THIS with their PSN. It would be nice if Nintendo went this same route as well where everything is linked together: to ONE account. But as Luma said; Nintendo wants MORE MONEY. And what better way to make more money then to KEEP BOTH the 3DS & Wii U eshop SEPARATE FROM each other? I mean think about it; you purchase ONE eshop card you have to use it on either your 3DS OR Wii U console: not on BOTH consoles. It's genius if you think about it because Nintendo makes out like a bandit & we the consumer are just stuck with the short end of the stick having to put up with Nintendo's draconian ways. So just suck it up & enjoy because if Nintendo ever does marry everything together; I for one would then claim that the end of the world will be upon us & that the Apocalypse is nye. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:15 am

I think it would be cool but, like Luma and Queen said I don't see Nintendo doing this since they would be losing money.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:32 am