The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy Empty Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 am

Super Mario Galaxy was one of the most creative platformers ever, taking place in space and using space gravity for many of it's concepts. Obviously, Super Mario 3D World doesn't have such an interesting concept through the game. But how do you think it compares to Galaxy?

Personally, I can't quite decide because I haven't played 3D World yet. But Galaxy seems like an overall better game. 3D World DOES have many interesting levels (and probably many more that I haven't seen), but Galaxy was just so amazing. Razz
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy Empty Re: Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy

Post by Luma Party Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Multiplayer, stamps, Peach playable, extra worlds, Super Mario 3D World.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy Empty Re: Super Mario 3D World Vs. Super Mario Galaxy

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

I should say though, 3D World looks to be a MUCH better sequel to 3D Land than Galaxy 2 was to Galaxy. At least 3D World introduces tons of new concepts and really seems like a much different experience from the original. Galaxy 2 really just felt like DLC with some extra levels for Galaxy and Yoshi, the original was much better.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I liked Galaxy 1 a little more since it had more new bosses and it brought a new way to play a 3D Mario game. 3D World is a close second for me though since it has five different playable characters, lots of things to collect and tons of replay view of your going for 5 stars.
    I hope they continue to use all of the playable characters in 3D World in all of the future 3D Mario games since it was a nice change to not be locked into Mario or Luigi.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 pm

After having played a good amount of 3D World, I've decided Galaxy is a much better game. 3D World is a fun game, but Galaxy was just amazing and something different. I absolutely loved the gravity mechanic and the creative ways it was used throughout the game.

Although I will say it's better than 3D Land and Galaxy 2, 3D Land was bad, and Galaxy 2 was mediocre compared to the original.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:32 pm

So does that mean I should just invest $20 in a slightly used Galaxy 1 game over getting Super Mario 3D World? Cause honestly I like Galaxy's game play a whole lot better & if SM3D world is just a rehash of 3D Land I think I'll wait until SM3DW is one of the resold games that you can get in about a year or so for about $20 to $30 bucks alternatively. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Oh, I wouldn't AT ALL say 3D World is just a rehash of 3D Land, it most certainly is not. It feels like a completely new game with tons of new concepts, I just personally prefer Galaxy is all. And I thought you already owned the original Galaxy Queen...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 pm