The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Empty Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World

Post by Nessness Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:00 am

Today's Subject: Let's compare Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World! (Part 1/2)

These two games are deemed legendary to the Super Mario fans, due to the fact that these games have really nice gameplay and it introduced many things to the Mario series.
    Today, I will compare these two games, and declare which game I like better. (It's my personal opinions!)

Category 1: The Power-ups
    Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaIq--B0gN88nMF_J6A6OkHXKrmyPTwylo-pDMQP_1t1-btP8I
    Super Mario Bros. 3 introduced the Super Leaf which made us able to fly. Also, it introduced many kinds of suits, like Frog Suit, Tanuki Suit, and Hammer Suit which made Mario able to perform strong attacks. I liked the variety of the power-ups, and all of them felt useful in their own way.

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World 180px-Mario_and_Yoshi_SMW
    Super Mario World doesn't have the suits. But it introduced the cape feather, which allowed Mario to fly forever as he keeps hovering. Also, it introduced the Yoshis (technically a power-up) which you can ride on! Yoshis can also burst fire, pound, or fly if they eat a Koopa shell. Using the cape feather and Yoshi was so fun and creative in my opinion.

It is a close call. However, I didn't really like how SMW made the cape and Yoshi so useful that it made the fire flower so useless. (Seriously, you won't use it much.) I thought SMB3 had more equality on power-ups, so SMB3 wins this round.

SMB3 1: 0 SMW

Category 2: World Exploration
    One of the biggest aspect of these two games is the overworld. It made the players think that they are actually exploring the world, instead of just playing the game.

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Grass_Land
    Super Mario Bros. 3 had an individual world map for each world. I liked how there were many things to do in the overworld, like gaining 1-ups by playing games, getting an item from Toad, and fighting the Hammer Brothers. It also had alternative paths, so the players could play only the levels they wanted to.

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Mwmp
    Super Mario World didn't have those fun overworld events. It also didn't have the alternative paths. However, I really liked how the worlds are connected well into each other. The overworld looked amazing for that time! Also, I really liked finding the secret paths and the two extra worlds were pretty nice too. (Star World and Special World)

Though SMB3 has more things to do in the overworld, I really liked finding the secret paths in SMW. Also, having a connected overworld was wonderful. (I was delighted when NSMBU did it again..) So, SMW wins this time.

SMB3 1: 1 SMW

Category 3: Level Themes
    Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World MushroomWorld_SMA4
    Super Mario Bros. 3 had a nice variety of level themes. One world had water, one world had deserts, one world had the sky, one world had the ice stages, one world had many pipes, and one world even had giant enemies. I also really liked the airships of this game. Overall, there's a lot of variety of level themes in this game.

However, Super Mario World dind't have the nice variety of level themes. Every themes look pretty simmilar. I know, there are many number of themes here like the forest, the grassland, the hills, the caves- but I really think these themes look too simmilar. I also liked seeing the new themes for every world in SMB3, but these SMW worlds are just too simmilar in my opinon.

This is no contest, Super Mario Bros. 3 wins.

SMB3 2: 1 SMW
    That's the end of part 1!

This versus will be continued next week Friday, so stay tuned! It didn't end yet.
    On the next episode, we will be doing a count down of the best and the worst Megaman weapons.

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:24 am; edited 5 times in total
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Empty Re: Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World

Post by Nessness Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:25 pm

Today's Subject: Let's compare Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World! (Part 2/2)

Category 4: Bosses
    Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World 300px-Koopalings7
    Super Mario Bros 3 introduced the seven Koopalings to fight you at the end of each world. They are probably one of my favorite Mario characters. I liked their magic wand attacks, and I did really like fighting with the Koopalings. It's a shame that I can't say the same for the midbosses and the final boss- Boom Boom got repetitive at the end since you could just bonk his head three times, and Bowser was so easy to beat in this game.

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World 200px-KoopalingsSMW
    Super Mario World took the already good Koopalings and made them better. Basically, there are different ways to fight each boss. You might have to drop them to the lava pits, you might have to bonk them coming out from the pipes, or they might attack by climbing on walls. That made the Koopaling battles more fun. Also, the mid-bosses and the final boss are much more fun. Reznor was much more interesting to battle than Boom Boom, and the final boss is amazing. It's Bowser in a clown car! Who could hate it?

Super Mario Bros. 3's boss fights are nice, but most of the Super Mario World's bosses are more fun to beat. I have to give Super Mario World the win this time.

SMB3 2:2 SMW

Category 5: Length
    This is going to be a short comparison.
    While Super Mario Bros. 3 had more levels in each world, Super Mario World had all the secret exits and the bonus worlds, so they are pretty much equal in length.
    This one is a tie.

SMB3 2:2 SMW

Category 6: Level Design
    Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World SMAS_1-3
    Super Mario Bros. 3 had an amazing level design. There are variety of obstacles in each world, like the infamous Angry Sun in Desert Land, that big Cheep Cheep on Sea Land, and the infamous pipes of Pipe Land. Also there are some levels that I really liked, like the one in Giant Land where you can alter environments by going on doors. And all the airship levels are very fun athletic levels to go through.

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Donut_GhostHouse
    Super Mario World's level designs were also amazing, but I think it made the good Super Mario Bros. 3's level design even better. The new ghost houses' maze were nice to go through, and there are some gimmicks I really like, including the fences in the castles. Also, they had to make the levels huger and more interesting, to make the secret paths! That makes the level design already varying and great.

Though SMB3's level design was really nice, SMW's level design was just a bit better.
    SMB3 2:3 SMW

And that's it. Though SMB3 was an amazing game, I think SMW improved the good things of SMB3 and tossed extra things to make it a even more amazing game. Super Mario World is the victor of this matchup.

Winner: Super Mario World
    Next match: Sonic 3 & Knuckles vs Sonic CD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World Empty Re: Super Mario Bros 3 vs. Super Mario World

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:52 pm

I completely agree, I much prefer Super Mario World to Super Mario Bros. 3. Probably because I never had an NES, so I played SMW first. Just makes SMB3 seem like a more average game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 pm

I also thought Super Mario World was a way better game and Super Mario Bros 3 was a game I never could play for long.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 pm