The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Gameguy1996
Snowy Yialina
Luma Party
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
9 posters

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal Empty Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Here's a trailer for the newly announced Sonic Boom game, coming exclusively to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Well, it is developed by devs other than Sonic Team, so perhaps it'll be good? :PIt almost looks like Sonic Adventure.

Luma Party: I changed it to the English video

Last edited by Zero Revolution on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal Empty Re: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by queenzelda Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Looks to me like the company; Pegi12 is the one who's developing this Sonic title. Looks interesting; maybe this'll be one Sonic game I get on launch. (Maybe.. xp)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal Empty Re: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by Luma Party Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Looks like something I'll get.
    Especially since it's multiplayer.

Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 715

Post by Snowy Yialina Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:05 pm

This game just looks so cool! I love the new spin that they have put on it, it actually looks like a really fun Crash Bandicoot and Sonic Chronicles game combined into one, sort of. The graphics are incredible and I really hope that they'll be 1080 p. I find Sonic's re-design cool but he looks a bit fat in the tummy area... Other than that, it looks really good. I also believe that the reason why they're all wearing the like weird gear and stuff is because they are really trying to make it feel like an adventure game. I'm looking forward to this, and by the looks of it, I doubt it will be a bad title. In fact, if Sega gets it right, this could be a really great seller and really bring Sega out of their trouble pit that they're in right now.

Gamexplain has uploaded a lovely discussion video, as well! Here's the lovely link on this new game,  

Luma Party: You can put the video in your post. Just simply click the YouTube icon and insert the link.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm

It looks like a cool game and Sonic Team is also helping with the game. I also like how you can play as more then jus Sonic again.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:20 pm

@Luma
    How do you know it's multiplayer? Yes they did show off multiple characters on screen at once, but it's not necessarily more than one player. Perhaps you can control multiple characters at once?

@Yi
    Actually one of the members of the team working on the game made Crash Bandicoot so that might be why. Which sounds great, maybe this will be a really good game. I'd actually like to try it out now. Wonder if it'll be releasing this year or in 2015...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 pm

They're saying it "appears to be multiplayer".
    No confirmation...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:38 am

"The Wii U version of Sonic Boom has been in in the works for two years, according to developer Big Red Button Entertainment. The game, which will feature redesigned iterations of Sonic and his friends, will serve as a prequel to the Sonic Boom TV series, which will debut on Cartoon Network during the 2014/2015 season. The Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Boom is being developed by Sanzaru Games."
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 715

Post by Snowy Yialina Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Great! Smile I have got another video, this one's the expected analysis from Gamexplain

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 pm

^ Yeah, I watched that, although it wasn't covered as well as most of their other trailer analyses. Guess there wasn't as much in the trailer. Razz

I read this earlier today, so I don't remember where I got it from, but Sonic Boom is apparently supposed to make good use of the Wii U Gamepad. So, that could either be a good or bad thing, but the Gamepad does need to be used more imo. It should be better used than in most first party Nintendo games though from the sounds of it.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 am

It looks interesting, but I wont lie...

I'm so glad that these are not official redesigns and are just being used for the "Sonic Boom" series. 

The game itself looks like it could be decent, but I'm not letting Sonic suck me in too much, it has a pretty bad history now...
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:34 am

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal Bizu6a6CUAAGIEY
    Some concept art for Robotnik (Eggman).
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:38 am

OMG Robotnik looks like a Russian in that outfit. (And seeing him like that made me lmao. Razz )
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:39 pm

^ That's exactly what I thought when I saw him! XD I don't know why they have to change his appearance, he looks more similar to what he looked like in Sonic 06 though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 pm