The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

"Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

"Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo Empty "Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 pm

According to Miyamoto, Splatoon, Star Fox Wii U, Project Giant Robot, and Project Guard all come from a new development studio at Nintendo known as Garage. This is where they try to come up with really unique ideas for new games.

Nintendo wrote:Splatoon and the three prototypes are the first games to emerge from Garage, a new Nintendo development programme set up last year in which developers break off into small teams and work on new ideas. "There are increasing numbers of young staff at Nintendo's development studios these days," Miyamoto says, "and these young guys really want to express themselves." Work is done during office hours, but he compares Garage to an after-school club, in spirit if not in schedule. "Class time's over: they gather together and think about new projects completely apart from their everyday business assignments. When all of those projects have advanced to a certain stage, we gather together and exchange opinions on the outcome of each of them, and together we decide which ones should continue. We may have shown several software titles at E3 [that came from Garage], but there are many others in development too.

I think this is great! Splatoon is already amazing, so I'm glad there's a dedicated development studio now just for these new types of games! Can't wait to see what else they're doing. Also, now it makes more sense that Animal Crossing devs were working on Splatoon. XD
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

"Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo Empty Re: "Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Even thought the Splatoon characters reminded me of the characters from Kinds Next Door cartoon show which was once popular on cartoon network.. I kind of wonder if the company that created that show noticed & if Splatoon might have to change the way their characters look before it's released or if they decide to just slap the Kinds Next Door logo on it to save it from getting scrapped as a game. xp

Any who; it's good to know that another dev team is up & running in Nintendo's bowels; or what have you. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

"Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo Empty Re: "Garage" New Development Team at Nintendo

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 pm

^ Well, I guess they look somewhat similar, looking up images of those characters. But it's really not so much so that they could be sued or anything, or I highly doubt it at any rate. (it would be pointless to do that anyway)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:00 pm

It sounded more along the lines of the young members of all the in house members thinking of game ideas in there extra team. It''s great that a new team was added if that's true though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 pm

^ How would it not be true though? If Miyamoto himself said this, it's almost certainly true. I don't know why he'd lie to us. (although I suppose he could...just don't think so XD)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 am