The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Nozomi
Luma Party
6 posters

Mighty No. 9

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mighty No. 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mighty No. 9

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:44 am

Hm okay, I'll take that. I'm not sure which version I'll end up going with though, probably Wii U.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Mighty No. 9 has been delayed once again to Q1 2016.

I'm starting to worry that the game won't ever make it out, just based on some of Inafune's decisions and things that have been going on with him lately...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Inafune has lost his touch.
    Announcing that failure Red Ash, before Mighty No. 9 ever released. XD
    And the game is done, they just never debugged it.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 25

Post by Nozomi Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Part of the reason why this game is being halted is because of the idiotic feminists trying to change the designs of the characters within the game despite the pleas from hardcore Mega Man fans. So pretty much the community moderators on the project are just kicking the nuts of fans who don't want anything changed too much from the core gameplay of Mega Man.

(I would post a Youtube video explaining this but this forum has rules against posting external links until a certain number of days has past...kinda stupid if you ask me)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:56 pm

Nozomi wrote:Part of the reason why this game is being halted is because of the idiotic feminists trying to change the designs of the characters within the game despite the pleas from hardcore Mega Man fans. So pretty much the community moderators on the project are just kicking the nuts of fans who don't want anything changed too much from the core gameplay of Mega Man.
    This is what I found on the issue; Mighty No. 9's Feminist Community Manager Controversy if I knew the youtube url I'd link it in. ^^;

All I have to say on this is the following: Being that not many female characters are represented in video games it's frustrating to be a female gamer & not getting an opportunity to play the game as either a female or male character. I play a ton of YuGiOh hand held games & when they started out you had to be a male character no females were ever represented. Only later were they introduced. But with the later games it went back to just being made to play as a male. At least with Pokemon there's been a choice; not at first in the GBC days but over time at least there's been a choice remain over the years. Having the opportunity to be able to play a female character or at least the choice of one is something very rare: even today & it shouldn't be that way. Yet it is.

Just something to think about. That is all.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Goomba
    Goomba

Post by Nozomi Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:28 am

I totally agree that females should have a solid representation in gaming. But put yourself into the shoes of a Mega Man diehard. Do you honestly think they give a care in the world about gender representation? Many other characters Inafune revealed are female, and are confirmed to be playable. So why is the issue still here? The Kickstarter funders just wanted to have a spiritual successor to Mega Man, not a social commentary. It would be like saying American football is sexist because there's not a women's division, so now every team in the NFL and NCAA HAS to require at least one or more females on each time because "discrimination". It doesn't happen like that. If you don't like how Mega Man is, then just don't play the game. Make up your own fan game if you're that passionate about it.

Plus, the community manager behind that controversy? NEVER PLAYED A MEGA MAN GAME IN HER LIFE. XD
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:49 am

Nozomi wrote:I totally agree that females should have a solid representation in gaming. But put yourself into the shoes of a Mega Man diehard. Do you honestly think they give a care in the world about gender representation? Many other characters Inafune revealed are female, and are confirmed to be playable. So why is the issue still here? The Kickstarter funders just wanted to have a spiritual successor to Mega Man, not a social commentary. It would be like saying American football is sexist because there's not a women's division, so now every team in the NFL and NCAA HAS to require at least one or more females on each time because "discrimination". It doesn't happen like that. If you don't like how Mega Man is, then just don't play the game. Make up your own fan game if you're that passionate about it.

Plus, the community manager behind that controversy? NEVER PLAYED A MEGA MAN GAME IN HER LIFE. XD
    Well I'm not too sure where the issue lies to be able to comment on those questions really. But I for one have played many a Megaman game & the newer Megaman games just haven't really appealed to me as much as the newer ones have. I don't know what the main issue for this game is, (I think maybe a dispute between the community manger & the director perhaps?) But with me my issue with the newer Megaman games is that I felt that they lacked the true passion & feel of the later Megaman games. In the newer ones I've played, they've felt empty & hallow like the person making them just wasn't trying. As in; the levels felt the same as other one's I've played & the plot was about the same too.

I don't know about Mighty #9, but my thought is that if the game has the same feel as the 'newer Megaman' games do (for me) then maybe it's a blessing that it's taking longer for the game to release.

Or.. Or.. Maybe something else is going on. I hate to sound like a paranoid gamer but I think she was instructed to pull this whole melodrama off by some one on the inside to give the game devs more time to keep the game from releasing; because maybe they really want to pocket the money without having to cough up an actual game.. Maybe telling investors too much of an internal struggle was going on apologizes for it; while in the end no one gets their money back: thus the money gets pocketed.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Goomba
    Goomba

Post by Nozomi Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Queen Pikachu wrote:
    Nozomi wrote:I totally agree that females should have a solid representation in gaming. But put yourself into the shoes of a Mega Man diehard. Do you honestly think they give a care in the world about gender representation? Many other characters Inafune revealed are female, and are confirmed to be playable. So why is the issue still here? The Kickstarter funders just wanted to have a spiritual successor to Mega Man, not a social commentary. It would be like saying American football is sexist because there's not a women's division, so now every team in the NFL and NCAA HAS to require at least one or more females on each time because "discrimination". It doesn't happen like that. If you don't like how Mega Man is, then just don't play the game. Make up your own fan game if you're that passionate about it.

Or.. Or.. Maybe something else is going on. I hate to sound like a paranoid gamer but I think she was instructed to pull this whole melodrama off by some one on the inside to give the game devs more time to keep the game from releasing; because maybe they really want to pocket the money without having to cough up an actual game.. Maybe telling investors too much of an internal struggle was going on apologizes for it; while in the end no one gets their money back: thus the money gets pocketed.

This is actually a plausible theory considering that Inafune has absolutely no idea what this whole controversy was about and yet in a few update interviews he clearly hints that the issues were resolved and that development was going on a steady pace, despite several complaints on the projects forums constantly being deleted by the SJWs. So either Inafune is telling the truth or he's just lying and has no idea what's going on, but he'll use that excuse to give more time and effort in promoting the game.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 pm

Don't care about this. Just want Mega Man.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:48 am

Mighty No. 9 has been delayed for the third or fourth time (I've lost track at this point lmao), now to spring 2016.

Will Mighty No. 9 ever release? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Mighty No. 9 has been delayed for the third or fourth time (I've lost track at this point lmao), now to spring 2016.

Will Mighty No. 9 ever release? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!
    At this point I don't even know what the game's being delayed over or why.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:01 pm

At this point they might just be waiting until the anime gives them money for the project. I just feel bad for all the people who spent money on a game that's been delayed so many times.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:36 pm

While this isn't confirmed quite yet, it seems Mighty No. 9 has been delayed again, with an EB Games display case listing it with a summer 2016 release.

I feel like they just aren't progressing with development at all. Every time we see new footage it looks exactly the same, and these constant delays don't really seem to be helping them.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Well it could be worse, the game could be delayed another full year like South Park Stick of Truth was. Or even longer, like with the next new Zelda which just seems to keep being pushed back. <.<;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm