The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U?

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

[RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U? Empty [RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U?

Post by Luma Party Sun May 10, 2015 9:36 pm

A user of the Japanese website 2chan, says at a booth, an Intelligent Systems employee told several people that they were making a Paper Mario game for the Wii U.
    To prove he was at the booth, he posted these images:
    [RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U? Paper_mario_wii_u_rumour_1

[RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U? Paper_mario_wii_u_rumour_2

I doubt an actual Intelligent Systems rep would say that, but I don't doubt they're working on a Paper Mario Wii U game.

Last edited by Luma Party on Mon May 11, 2015 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U? Empty Re: [RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U?

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 10, 2015 10:24 pm

I think Paper Mario is a lock for E3 anyway since it's the last big Mario card for Wii U. I'm worried it will be a Sticker Star sequel though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U? Empty Re: [RUMOUR] Intelligent Systems developing a Paper Mario game for the Wii U?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun May 10, 2015 11:15 pm

2chan? Is that like the left half of /v/ or something? Razz

I doubt an actual rep would say that, and I'm not quite sure Paper Mario is in development for Wii U. I think Intelligent Systems is currently focused on their upcoming 3DS games.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Like I said said before they have a team who works on just Paper Mario and has likely been working on the game since Sticker Star was done. We also have to keep in mind that Paper Mario is IS most successful franchise so it's a no brainier that one would be in the works for Wii U.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Mon May 11, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon May 11, 2015 1:53 am

Well, when E3 comes around in about 1 month's time we'll see if this rumor is true of falese. Personally I'd love to see a Wii U Paper Mario but my guess is that it'd be a NX Paper Mario that's being made would be my best bet. Razz
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon May 11, 2015 7:34 am

^Why?
    Nintendo isn't stupid.
    Announcing an NX game now would down Wii U sales.
    They won't reveal anything NX until E3 at the earliest.
    The console wouldn't come out until Winter 2017, also the earliest.
    It can't be an NX game now, when the Wii U hasn't gotten Paper Mario,
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon May 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Luma Party wrote:^Why?
    Nintendo isn't stupid.
    Announcing an NX game now would down Wii U sales.
    They won't reveal anything NX until E3 at the earliest.
    The console wouldn't come out until Winter 2017, also the earliest.
    It can't be an NX game now, when the Wii U hasn't gotten Paper Mario.
    Um excuse me but there has never been a DS Paper Mario title either. All I'm say is that Paper Mario has missed a generation of systems before; so missing out on a game releasing to the Wii U wouldn't surprise me at this juncture.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon May 11, 2015 6:44 pm

^DS is a handheld.
    When the DS lifespan occurred, Paper Mario had never been on a handheld console, and the 3DS Paper Mario failed.
    If it never made the Wii U, then Nintendo is sad, because it's a home console.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Luma Party wrote:^DS is a handheld.
    When the DS lifespan occurred, Paper Mario had never been on a handheld console, and the 3DS Paper Mario failed. If it never made the Wii U, then Nintendo is sad, because it's a home console.
    Say what? Um your thinking that Paper Mario Sticker Star failed as a game is your opinion; since I still think of it as a good game even if every person who played it hated it. As for if Nintendo releases it on the Wii U or not; if not then it's something that is Nintendo's prerogative & if so then same said prerogative. I just have a funny feeling that the NX will be the next system they decide to release the Paper Mario series too. But if it's released to Wii U then I'm all for it; if not then don't be surprised.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Yeah Luma, you DO realize that Sticker Star didn't fail at all, right? I mean, many of us hate the game to no end of course lol, but it sold almost 2 million copies.

I wouldn't be surprised if they never released Paper Mario on Wii U, they might announce one when they first show off the NX, or announce it for Wii U then release it on NX like what happened with Super Paper Mario.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon May 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Sticker Star failed reception-wise.
    Miyamoto got hailed with criticism for getting rid of pretty much anything that made the Paper Mario series, what it is.
    It didn't fail in sales, but it failed as an actual game

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 pm