The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
6 posters

My fav games thread

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

My fav games thread Empty My fav games thread

Post by queenzelda Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:40 pm

In this thread I'm going to be talking about different Playstation games that I personally like. I know this is a Nintendo forum; & I do love Nintendo I just find myself to also be a multi-console gamer here. As in I enjoy playing more then just Nintendo titles, & what not.

Now I plan to talk about the first gen of Playstation titles, thus highlighting a few gems. Still I hope if your reading that you enjoy what I've posted. :3

Playstation 1 era. I'm going to talk about just the top 10 PS1 titles that I personally like. After I've done my top 10 list, I'll continue on with the PS2 era, & the PS3 era. I won't be doing PS4 for obvious reasons (I don't have one: lol); just so we're clear. ;3

For today I'm going to start from the bottom & go up in numbers over the next couple of days just focusing on one single game for when I make a post about it. So today I'm going to be talking about my top 10 favorite PSX (PS1) titles.

Let's start things off with Number 10.

My fav games thread Wildar10
    Wild Arms

I just love this series, in general & the first one is my very favorite because you start out with three characters you can choose from & some how you have to get them to meet. At the time when I first had played this, there wasn't any game like this that I had played when I first tried this series. Something else that is neat is that each character gets items that they can use while in dungeons. Like with 'the treasure hunter' yo get a wind mouse to use whose name is Hanpan. The game is great & some of the dialog is outright silly at times. If you like games like Zelda (such as exploring & puzzle solving) along with JRPG's like Final Fantasy (because of the turn based battles & what not) then the Wild Arms series could be your cup of tea. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

My fav games thread Empty Re: My fav games thread

Post by queenzelda Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Next up we have Number 9.

My fav games thread Ff910
    Final Fantasy IX

One of the best Final Fantasy games out there for the PlayStation. Er, next to FFVII & FFVI that is. XD I love the story, most of the characters & even the villain though at times I often wonder if Kuja is really a woman because hips like that you just can't find on a man. XD The music is fantastic, and a lot of the characters are great. though I will admit to not liking a few, like Sir Fratley, I always joke around and call him Sir Fartly cause he's an idiot impo. XD I also don't like one of the main characters either, Amarant Coral. OMG, if only I could switch him out for some one awesome like Beatrix cause then THAT would be awesome since Beatrix is a way better character all around compared to Amarant who's character just an out right arse. <.<; FF9 is a great game though & has a wonderful story. If you've ever wanted to try a Final Fantasy game; this would be one of them that I'd recommend. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:07 pm

I know you've mentioned loving both of those games in the past, I've never been able to play any of the Wild Arms games. They sound interesting, I'll have to try it at some point.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Final Fantasy 9 is awesome and I am glad you put it on your list. I have a feeling that FF7 is going to be in the Top 3.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:I know you've mentioned loving both of those games in the past, I've never been able to play any of the Wild Arms games. They sound interesting, I'll have to try it at some point.
    Yesh, yesh you should. ;3

Nessness wrote:Final Fantasy 9 is awesome and I am glad you put it on your list. I have a feeling that FF7 is going to be in the Top 3.
    Yesh, that it is. xp We shall see. ;3

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:35 am

Next up is number 8!

My fav games thread Cronoc10
    Chrono Cross

OMG; this game.. There is just so much to say about it. Being a huge Chrono Trigger fan & my seeing it get some kind of continuation was great in my eyes & just the fact that this game isn't everything that it seems is awesomeness encompassed. The game's plot turns on it's ear half way in & there's even a Star War's Luke & Vadar thing that happens in the game. The love I have for this game even has me pulling it out & playing it once every year; it's just that good. <3 It does have some issues, like the art style isn't the same as Akira Toriyama's who did the art for the first title. That & the main plot kind of doesn't make much sense unless you play Chrono Trigger's DS version as opposed to the original SNES version. Still; all in all this is a great successor game to Chrono Trigger & I would recommend any one to play it: fan of Chrono Trigger or not. x3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 am

Oh man, I totally forgot about that game. I'd play it but I feel like I'd need to play the original game too beforehand.
    KingLavos
    KingLavos
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 24

Post by KingLavos Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Crono Cross is the best game I've played hands down, next to Chrono Trigger that is. XD The only thing I didn't like about Chrono Cross was the whole thing with the Dragon's. What the fuuk was that about even? The dragon's weren't even a subplot in Trigger to begin with. X3

Can't wait to see the rest of your list. I hope the PSX version of CT is on it. X3
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Chrono Cross! I have always wanted to play this, but I didn't treally get a time to. Hopefully I would get to play it later.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Oh man, I totally forgot about that game. I'd play it but I feel like I'd need to play the original game too beforehand.
    Hopefully you'll get to play it sooner or later. ;3 There are always walkthroughs. ;D

KingLavos wrote:Crono Cross is the best game I've played hands down, next to Chrono Trigger that is. XD The only thing I didn't like about Chrono Cross was the whole thing with the Dragon's. What the fuuk was that about even? The dragon's weren't even a subplot in Trigger to begin with. X3
    Lol; so true.

Nessness wrote:Chrono Cross! I have always wanted to play this, but I didn't really get any time to. Hopefully I would get to play it later.
    If you do get some extra time on your hands to play it, then I'd highly recommend it. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Ok; next up is: number 7!

My fav games thread Parasi10
    Parasite Eve

The reason it's my number 7 is because I loved the main character Aya Brea & the story in general. It wasn't like anything I'd played before & was very interesting to play through story wise. A bit f**ked up on some levels; but interesting none the less. I really enjoy this game a lot as is, but it does have it's issues, such as too many random battles to deal with while in some places when there should be less then there are & in some places maybe there should be more? There's also the whole issue of this reminding me WAY to much of a Stephen King novel too. But I digress; the game is good as is & I would recommend it to any one who hasn't played it. :3

Last edited by Queen Pikachu on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 pm

This is a nice list and I also want to try the Chrono Trigger series at some point.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:02 pm

I swear I have heard or seen this game before, it looks pretty familiar, but I don't know.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:04 am

So far; interesting list. I've never heard of Parasite Eve either; I'll have to give it a try sometime soon then. (:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:35 am