The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
6 posters

My fav games thread

KingLavos
    KingLavos
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 24

My fav games thread - Page 4 Empty Re: My fav games thread

Post by KingLavos Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Nice games list; can't wait to see the rest of your PS2 top 10 list. Very Happy
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:33 am

Sorry I've been slow posting to this. I've been kinda busy (& a bit lazy at times) this week. XD Any who.. Onto number 9! :3

My fav games thread - Page 4 Shadow10
    Shadow Hearts

This is the ONLY series of games that I know of that uses a circular dial for you to be able to perform attacks with successfully. As shown in the image bellow:
    My fav games thread - Page 4 Shadow11

The orange spots you see on the circle is where you have to hit the (X) button in order to get off the attacks perfectly. If you get it inside of the red area then you do a lot more damage to monsters & that. This is a pretty bloody JRPG, with a lot of suspense & mystery. It's also where I got my love for using the word Bacon in my town names because the villain in this game is Roger Bacon, though most times when the main character talks about him; he just calls him Bacon. There are a lot of references to the occult in this game; & there is a ton of blood shown in various areas due to summoned demons & what not. If your into the occult & very intriguing story line: then this game is for you. But, to warn you the main character is also a demon, & later in the game you get to control his demon form. So there's that. XD I really enjoyed this title & everything about it. There are still a few things about it that are new that are featured as game mechanics when playing; that I haven't seen used in other games (that's I've seen as of yet). So if you think you can handle a rated M title; then go for it. Otherwise: wait until your more mature to be able to handle playing it. As there is a lot of weird sh1t in this game; don't say I didn't warn you. ^^;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:21 pm

I've NEVER heard of Shadow Hearts, huh. It looks pretty interesting, it might be a JRPG I'd play in the future. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:42 am

Well I know of it because I tend to play weird a$$ sh!t usually. XD But yea; if that's one of the JRPG's you try you might have to have your parents get it for you since it's a rated M game & I get carded when ever I purchase anything rated M. xp

Any who; onto number 8. ^^
    My fav games thread - Page 4 Xenosa10
    Xenosaga: Episode III Also sprach Zarathustra

I love the Xenosaga series in general. But this one stands out the most to me because the story gets way more f*cked up then you think it would. Mostly because in Episode III I came to find out the reason that one of the villains went crazy is because they ate a Realian (they were either a race of genetically created humans, or half robot humans: which btw was never made very clear in the series).. So.. Yea, f*cked up sh1t thar. The story for all of the Xenosaga series of games is very rich & the characters have a lot of depth to them & all of the characters are very well balanced when building a team. It's episode III that stood out for me because of so many surprises that are revealed. If your looking for an epic mecha JRPG with an epic story, great characters, and a bunch of f*cked up villains then this series would be your bread & butter. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 pm

What's funny is although I look pretty young, when I bought an M rated game recently they didn't bother to check ID or anything, they just gave me the game, despite it being illegal to sell to those under 18. XD But yeah it's probably easier that way than having to go through all that.

Anyway I'm rambling, all the Xenosaga games look really great, I'm guessing that means the first 2 won't be on here though?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:All the Xenosaga games look really great, I'm guessing that means the first 2 won't be on here though?
    The PS2? Yea, they are. I just liked the third game the best because of how everything comes together in the third title. :3
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Shadow Hearts looks really interesting, I'll have to try it. I knew Xenosaga would be in your list some where thou. xD Cool list so far! (:
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Cool I hope you do try it out then Yami. :3 ^^V
    ------------------------------------------------------

Next up is: Number 7!

My fav games thread - Page 4 Radiat10
    Radiata Stories

I still need to beat this game tbh with you. I just can't choose between either being on the human's side or the side of the Elves/Dwarves/Fairies. Ugh, it's so hard to make that choice because so many of the human characters are just AWESOME & you won't get them back if you choose to be on the side of the Elves/Dwarves/Fairies. >.< So I've yet to beat this game because I really want to choose the side of the non-humans cause I love Fairies, Elves, & Dwarves as much as I like humans.. But picking the side of the humans is usually pretty much the same story. But this game is different. Which side you choose determines how the rest of the game plays out so you have to choose very carefully. Which is why I've yet to finish this game. BUT I have decided to side with the non-humans the first go around & then choose to be on the human's side the next time I play it. Thus giving this game a lot of replay-ability which is another reason why it's on my list. It'd probably be my number 6 or so; but my having waffled on which side to choose is why it's my number 7. xp So yea; it's my fault but it's mostly Square Enix's for creating such interesting characters for both sides really is how I feel about it. xD

Still if your up for a great story & in depth characters then this game is for you. :3
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Awesome! I've never heard of this game before. If it's released to the PSN as a VC PS2 title I'll get it. (:
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Nice list so fair Queen. You also seem to enjoy the underrated games.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Yep! I guess so. :3

Next up is number 6.

My fav games thread - Page 4 Staroc11
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

One thing I'll say about this game is though I love the story, & characters. I friggen HATE the ending for it. Beyond the ending hate; in the end it's a really great game. Very in depth & very interesting. The ending just rubbed me the WRONG way; beyond that this game is really great. :3 I'd say if the ending was better; it'd probably be my number 5. xD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:01 pm

While at least most of the game was good and there are so many games that have a luckluster ending.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Up next is number 5!

My fav games thread - Page 4 Okage-10
    Okage: Shadow King

Basically plays like the part of the plot in Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door where Mario has his shadow taken from him, except your still walking around doing stuff as the main character Ari. This game is wonderful & has a really interesting story.

The story begins with an ordinary and overshadowed boy named Ari who lives in the village of Tenel. Ari is asked to pick up bread from the town bakery, where various people tell him that tonight is the night of the circus. At night, the circus finally comes to town and Ari goes to it, not before being stopped by his dad and forced to listen to his dad ramble on about a bottle he found. After Ari goes home after finding out the circus is over, his sister is attacked by a ghost and falls under a pig Latin curse. The family turns the bottle Ari's father found for help, performing a ritual to invoke the power sealed within the bottle. Upon opening the bottle, a "ghostly butler" named James comes out and tells the Ari's family about his master, the Great Evil King "Stanley Hihat Trinidad XIV" (or Stan for short). Stan promises to family to bring the sister to normal if one family member is selected to let Stan be apart of their shadow. A "Shadow Contest" occurs and to his shock, Ari wins. Ari allows his shadow to be possessed by Stan in order to break his sister's curse. Annie (the sister) is now cured but now has a pink shadow. That night, Ari ends up having a nightmare about Stan and wakes up crashing on the floor. Ari then leaves his house and finds that everything is normal, until Stan speaks and pops out of Ari's shadow. Stan then forces Ari to destroy Tenel, but no one seems to be scared of Stan, much to his anger. Ari and Stan hear about a treasure in the church basement that is being guarded by a ghost. They fight the ghost and get the treasure, which turns out to be a glass tube. After being praised by the villagers and Stan being laughed at again, Stan and Ari then obtain a "Map o' Evil Kings" from the circus ringmaster, Block. Stan calls James, who tells him that while he was trapped in the bottle, various people stole his powers and became false Evil Kings. Stan starts off on a journey to defeat these Evil Kings, reclaim his stolen powers and conquer the world, dragging Ari along with him. *taken from wikapedia.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:38 am

Number 4:
    My fav games thread - Page 4 20fv3c
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    "Story, story, story. Riku combo attacks, sweet Riku moves, awesome abilities you can learn with Riku as party member. Only thing 'bad' per-say about this game is the stupid singing mini game you have to do in the Little Mermaid world. Other then that this game is awesome, has great story, plot & it's great to finally have Riku at Sora's side. But I is a Riku fan girl so of course I LOVE this title." <3 xp

Number 3:
    My fav games thread - Page 4 5oa4cz
    Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
    "Story, in depth one at that; but it's also a story with a HUGE twist. One I didn't even see until it was told to me while playing. The characters are great & really memorable. The creation of characters is great & the tactical JRPG has just always been a thing I enjoy playing. If your not into tactical JRPG's you might not like this, but I enjoy them myself so it's on my list." :3

Number 2:
    My fav games thread - Page 4 2b8ged
    Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
    "LOVE THIS GAME! I enjoy the story, and the characters are all great. Thus when this title re-releases to the 3DS I really suggest giving it a go because it'll be worth it for the good characters & great story overall."

& NUMBER 1 is:
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:43 am