The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report Empty SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report

Post by Luma Party Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:34 pm

SEGA wrote:The economy still remained in the condition requiring further time for full recovery due to uncertainty towards a downswing in overseas economies arising from factors such as the slowdown of growth in the economies of emerging countries and European debt crisis,
    IGN wrote:SEGA's most recent financial earnings report was not a wholly positive one.

Reporting a decrease of 42 percent in net sales, the publisher reports sales earnings of ¥52.9 billion ($426 million), operating losses of ¥9.5 billion ($76 million), and net losses of ¥7.9 billion ($63.8 million).
    Forbes wrote:It’s looking like their recent shift to mobile and PC wasn’t such a great idea after all.
    Source: [1] [2]

SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report Sega_financial_results
    Sonic's expression says it all.

Sega needs to realize you can't just jump into the mobile and PC market and expect to be popular right away. It's sad to see a company that was once up so high, can be in such a bad situation, even with it being merged with a huge pachinko company.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report Empty Re: SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:29 pm

I mean this was honestly kind of expected. They'd already been releasing a few titles on mobile in the past, they should've noted what profits they were getting from them before deciding they could run the company solely off of mobile games. It's not going to work.

I honestly don't even care that much, SEGA can go bankrupt and I wouldn't make a huge deal out of it. (somebody could buy out their bigger IPs anyway and make better use of them)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report Empty Re: SEGA's Net Sales drop 42% in latest financial report

Post by queenzelda Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Somebody could buy out their bigger IPs anyway and make better use of them.
    Yea, like Nintendo or Sony.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:43 pm

SEGA, I am surprised you've held out for this long.

But I think it's time you pulled the plug. You aren't doing yourself any favors either by relying on Sonic Boom.

I honestly don't understand why they've done this to Sonic(as in not just Sonic Boom. the direction he went with the more modern games). They really could've thrown him in a better direction(see Sonic Generations; they clearly did something right there and then they fall short with Lost World and Boom). Sonic is all SEGA really had after that disaster of a hook up console mountain.

As someone who loves Sonic a lot I am disheartened.

I may not have been the biggest SEGA fan or even played any other SEGA franchises but it's still very sad to see.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Sadly I'm not surprised that much by such a decrease, with the decisions Sega has made recently. I honestly don't care much for Sega, I had one of their systems but I don't know much outside of Sonic the Hedgehog, nor am I that interested. Despite that, it's sad to see Sega in this state, it really is. Hopefully they can eventually turn things around or sadly tun into a distant memory. It would be sad to see them and Sonic disappear.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:19 pm

It's sad that Sega is been going south for the last few years and if Nintendo did not sign the deal with them they would be in ever worse shape. I hope they can also turn it around soon though since they have many good IP's that many people enjoy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:46 pm