The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Gameguy1996
DerpyTheToad
Pokemon73
Nintenex
ZombieFish
Yoshiman222
TheFrozenFairy
Bossblitz88
Luma Party
13 posters

Miitomo

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Miitomo Empty Miitomo

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Nintendo has confirmed their first mobile game with DeNA will be titled "Miitomo". You will create a Mii (or use one transferred from Wii U or 3DS) and those Miis will interact with other Miis to encourage interaction with other people. The game will be free to play. (with paid add-ons) It will release in March 2016 because Nintendo delays everything. Razz

This is pretty interesting, I like the idea, although I'm not sure I'll want it. I'd like some footage and more details first.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Miitomo Empty Re: Miitomo

Post by Luma Party Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Is this an actual game?
    It sounds like a social network to promote playing their games...
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm

With the little info, we have this seems strange in the world of texting. Miis that say info about yourself would go about saying things like "im six" or "I like potatoes" to random strangers. From what I can tell, there's not much interaction. This may help on talking directly to people, but some may still be afraid of listing a single detail.

All in all, this is pretty far-out for Nintendo.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Sounds interesting for their first mobile game. Surprisingly not Mario related but something that has to do with Miis makes more sense now. I'm not interested in getting it though. They must have more good reasons for the delay, it seems they want to pack 2016 with more stuff than this year.

Paid add on content sounds a little strange for this type of mobile game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:59 pm

It seems like a watered down Tomodachi Life. Since it's free to play though I will give it a try.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Full English translation on Miitomo details:

The main character of Miitomo is you. First, you create your own Mii.

The Mii asks you a variety of questions and communicates your answers with your Friends’ Mii.

The people you will be able to communicate with are limited to your friends whom you have registered as Friends. We are designing this communication application to enable Friends to share information comfortably and securely.

In this way, instead of the users proactively sending their own messages, Miitomo has a unique characteristic that can be called “friendly communication starters” as your Mii will automatically dispatch the answers you gave to certain questions to your friends.

These “friendly communication starters” have an advantage that even the people who are less willing to send messages can easily participate. Another unique characteristic of Miitomo is that you may be able to find out unknown aspects about your friends or unexpected commonalities you share with your friend because Miitomo may pick up the topics that you usually do not discuss but would be willing to answer if asked.

What we would like to realize is, through such communication, you will be able to deepen friendly relationships and have more people with whom you can play games.

Both My Nintendo and Miitomo will be available in March 2016.

For reference, more than 200 million Mii characters have been created on our platforms, which means that many people around the world understand the appeal of Mii.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Bossblitz88 Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:09 am

Still bleh imo.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:54 am

So..... Basically Nintendo thinks that we gamers need to have help in order to communicate with each other & they have to intervene on our behalf.. Or something of that nature? Er, excuse me Nintendo but I can communicate with others just fine on social media sites & forum sites with out your intrusion. ~_~;
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Bossblitz88 Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Misdreavus wrote:So..... Basically Nintendo thinks that we gamers need to have help in order to communicate with each other & they have to intervene on our behalf.. Or something of that nature? Er, excuse me Nintendo but I can communicate with others just fine on social media sites & forum sites with out your intrusion. ~_~;
    This was the exact opposite of what happened to Swapnote.
    "Oh no, Swapnote's dangerous!"
    "Welcome to Miitomo where you can share info about yourself without consent!"

lol wut nintendo
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Miitomo will apparently have a pre-registration on February 17th, although they haven't exactly given details on how to do this or what it is. The actual app will be released in March in most regions.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:09 pm

If you sign up you also get some points. So It might be worth it just for the points alone.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:43 am

...can someone explain what you two mean by what you said just now.
    Like... points and  pre-registration... what?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:07 pm

^ You'll get My Nintendo points if you register for Miitomo. Pre-registering starts February 17th, before the game's release, so you can sign up for Miitomo before the actual app releases.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:41 pm

More info.

PR email wrote:
    [size=13]Spark One-of-a-Kind Conversations with Friends; App Launches in March Alongside My Nintendo Rewards Program
    REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo’s first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch in North America in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.
    Starting Feb. 17, people will be able to pre-register for Miitomo by signing up for the new Nintendo Account service using their existing email, social media accounts or current Nintendo Network IDs. People who pre-register will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March. Nintendo will offer a special Miitomo bonus to anyone who signs up for a Nintendo Account between Feb. 17 and launch. Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo’s Mii characters, which first debuted on the Wii console, to engage friends in a lighthearted and welcoming environment. Users can spark fun conversations and learn more about each other by answering questions such as “What song has been stuck in your head lately?”, “Do you believe in aliens?”, or even “If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend’s nose, what would you do?” Users can also easily take and share photos featuring their Mii with the Miifoto feature. Nintendo’s new My Nintendo rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March, and will be able to connect with the app.
    “Miitomo is a uniquely entertaining mobile experience that only Nintendo can deliver,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “Featuring Mii characters, users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way that transforms communication into a form of play.”
    Launching alongside Miitomo in March, My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience
    Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to relea
    [/size]
    se approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017. More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on http://www.nintendo.com in the coming weeks.

I'm sure most will just try out the game once for the My Nintendo points and never touch it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:11 pm