The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Gameguy1996
DerpyTheToad
Pokemon73
Nintenex
ZombieFish
Yoshiman222
TheFrozenFairy
Bossblitz88
Luma Party
13 posters

Miitomo

DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Miitomo - Page 3 Empty Re: Miitomo

Post by DerpyTheToad Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:19 am

Zero Revolution wrote:^ That's a great picture. XD Were you actually able to try it out? Considering it's not available outside of Japan yet. (or at least to my knowledge)

EDIT: On a side note, Miitomo has already hit 1 million downloads in just 3 days in Japan!

Yeah, I was actually able to. I just created a new Apple ID and set it to Japan, then I just went onto the Japan App Store and downloaded. The cool thing is that it's already localized in English, so you don't have to worry about knowing Japanese. 

Or...if you have an Android, you just need to download the APK and install it on your phone. There's a bunch tutorials on YouTube you can check out if you need help.

Anyways, I believed I heard that you can bring your Mii over from Tomodachi Life to Miitomo with the QR scanner, which also accepts normal Mii QR Codes. I believe it also carries over it's voice and personality.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:04 am

^ I figured you had done something like that, makes sense. Are you having fun with it though?

Also, yes you can bring over your Mii from Tomodachi Life too.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:55 pm

So looking around online I'm seeing a lot of people confusing this for something it isn't. Miitomo is, more than anything, a social media app. While it could be considered a game, I feel like the fact that it's more you answering weird questions and seeing what your friends have to say about them makes it feel more like a social app. In fact, unlike social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. it seems more like an internet forum. (as in, like this :p) Just for more "fun" questions than you'd tend to find on a forum and less conversational;more just finding out more about your friends through these questions that are asked.

I don't know, it just seems like people are disappointed in this as Nintendo's first mobile "game" when it really isn't a game at all, so I don't see that reasoning. Obviously it won't appeal to people who don't like social media, at least in many cases (it is different enough from most of them to where many people who don't generally like social media may actually love Miitomo) but I don't see why people are disappointed because of that. Nintendo is going in a completely different direction with their mobile releases than with console releases, they're just trying to expand the brand.

Personally I think it looks like a nice supplement to twitter for me, being that it's really the only social media I tend to use often.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:20 pm

That crowd won't be happy until Nintendo only releases mobile games. With that said the app is doing decent so it's on the right track even if people don't agree with the direction Nintendo want with.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:19 am

Here's a pretty cool easter egg.

It cool how there are special sound effects and I'm sure quite a people will be making an Iwata Mii now.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:Here's a pretty cool easter egg.

It cool how there are special sound effects and I'm sure quite a people will be making an Iwata Mii now.
    I just feel like using the word direct a lot just to get that animation on my Mii a lot. Razz

Just whenever possible.. "I'm talking DIRECTLY to you"... or something on that line. Razz
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:26 pm

I don't own a phone, but I guess the only thing I'm missing out on are the My Ninendo points ;A;. I'm still unsure about how Miitomo will do in America, the audience here is..well different. But we;ll have to wait and see. Wish I had phone so I could get in on this and upcoming Ninty mobile games...

EDIT: Make it available to Kindle Fires plz?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:25 am

^ Do those use the Google Play store? Because if so you could easily download it on there too.

@Yoshiman222
    Definitely, I love that motion, I love how Nintendo is even using it in games now. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:18 pm

So when does everyone thinking Miitomo will release outside of Japan? I'm guessing it will release on March 31st since Thursday is Nintendo's update day and they like to keep people waiting for a quite a while.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Miitomo has been potentially delayed yet again in the west, with the mention of a March 2016 release that used to be in a big bubble on the website having been removed completely.

I honestly didn't expect this, that's really strange. But perhaps it'll still be an early April release. The app itself is finished and apparently even translated so it can't be too much longer. This is all on Apple and Android.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:19 am

Even if it's free, I still have no interest in Miitomo, I probably won't get it.
    Hopefully they go to more traditional games after this.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:51 am

^ Nintendo has confirmed their second mobile game will feature a familiar character so it may be that way. Still, Miitomo is a social app more than anything else, and I feel like people are being too harsh on it because they're treating it as a game when it really isn't. I honestly don't think we'll see any full fledged traditional Nintendo games on mobile. That's not to say we won't get any "real" games, I just don't really expect major things from their mobile releases just due to the direction they seem to be going with it.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:48 pm

I don't think they will do more social apps like this for the remaining DeNa partnership mobile games. I think they will be more traditional mobile games. Though I don't see the direction they're going for with them, I don't believe they'll be like Miitomo. It would be pretty nice for a Splatoon version I guess, it does fit. There's already Splatnet though. Would they really do things like Mario's Social Network? It seems odd to me.

I'm not very interested in this app. It's harsh to judge it for something it isn't. It seems more like a social app inspired by Tomodachi Life than a game. It's not a bad idea. It seems pretty nice. It has done pretty well in Japan too.

I feel like we'll see some kind of Tingle mobile game because he seems like the sort of character for it. He's hated here (I still love him myself) but I can see it being successful in Japan.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:40 pm

^ I would INSTANTLY buy a Tingle mobile game. Being on mobile would make it more likely to release in NA when Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland didn't. I know most people hate him but I adore him. He's hilarious, even if also kind of creepy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 pm