The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

amiibo - Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge Empty Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 pm

According to a new Japanese Amiibo ad, Mini Mario and Friends: Amiibo Challenge (the next Mario and Donkey Kong it's literally the exact same thing) is headed to Wii U and Nintendo 3DS:

As overdone as the series is, this one does at least look better. But still, there's wayyyyy too many of these games. They should at least do something new. They didn't seem to show what the Amiibo actually did, which was odd.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

amiibo - Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge Empty Re: Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 pm

They made it seem like every amiibo works and from what I know it's only the Mario and DK amiibo. I guess we know that Minis on the move will be moving over to mobile soon based on reports.

amiibo - Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge CYkecw-UkAAv9iR

More info 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/ap5j/index.html

- purchase an amiibo figure starting on January 28th (in Japan) 
    - download (with codes) Mini Mario & Friends at no extra cost 
    - plans to distribute Mini Mario & Friends on the eShop for free at some point in the future 
    - 322MB on Wii U 
    - 3DS download is 2,400 blocks 
    - Touch an amiibo and characters from the toys will appear 
    - Use the touchscreen to lead them to the goal 
    - Can use any amiibo 
    - If you use anything other than Mario and Donkey Kong series (Kid Icarus, Link, etc.) the toy character will default into a generic robot named “Mini Spec” 
    - Using amiibos from Mario and Donkey Kong series will generate unique toy characters 
    - The toy character will automatically move forward in courses riddled with traps like pitfalls and enemies 
    - Draw bridges, add/remove pipes and blocks, etc. to help toys reach the goal 
    - Some amiibo have special abilities 
    - There are also special stages that can only be accessed with these special abilities 
    - Ex: there’s a special goal in a stage that is only reachable with Mini Mario’s wall jump 
    - When you reach this goal, you’ll go through a special stage exclusive to Mini Mario 
    - The total number of stages here is over 60 
    - Mini Mario: Can wall jump 
    - Mini Luigi: Can jump higher than other toy characters 
    - Mini Peach: Can float for a short distance 
    - Mini Toad: Can shrink himself, allowing to pass through small gaps 
    - Mini Donkey Kong: Can climb steep hills 
    - Mini Diddy Kong: Can cling on platforms when falling then climb back to it (Note: does not apply to platforms of the same height before falling) 
    - Mini Bowser: When falling from a cliff, will do a stomping jump (which seems to destroy fragile bricks) 
    - Mini Bowser Jr: Can walk on spikes 
    - Mini Yoshi: Can eat some enemies 
    - Mini Rosalina: Can do a super jump next to a wall

Source
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

amiibo - Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge Empty Re: Mini Mario and Friends: amiibo Challenge

Post by Luma Party Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:59 pm

NST's game?
    Might as well get it, it's free and I have a ton of compatible amiibo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm

It's free? Wow, Nintendo actually making a good move with a game like this. I know the Amiibo make up the price but I feel like they're worth it, whereas this game probably wouldn't be worth paying for. But I'll most certainly download it. I enjoy the games, I just already have 2 others and they're all almost exactly the same so I wouldn't see a point in paying more money for it. But for free I'll definitely take more levels. :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 am