The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Gameguy1996
TheFrozenFairy
Bowser498
7 posters

[RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

[RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year - Page 2 Empty Re: [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Post by Luma Party Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:23 am

^Something crazy or different would not help.
    It would just pile onto the games that we wanted more from, like Ultra Smash, etc.
    It court still be a good game, but I feel it's time to go back to the original style.

And please nothing like the "Paper World" of Sticker Star, that just can't work in another game.
    It was fine there, but it isn't something I want to see return.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year - Page 2 Empty Re: [RUMOR] [SPOILER ALERT] Paper Mario Game Coming to Wii U, Being Revealed This Year

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm

^ Why not? I feel like from a visual standpoint it's a lot more interesting than the worlds in previous games. It's basically the same, just more obvious that the world is made out of materials other than just paper and actual land. They've always been made out of different materials but I personally like how you can tell in Sticker Star. It's one of the few things I actually liked about that game.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Having cardboard, and paper, and all of that, seemed too bland.
    A 3D world with 2D characters and less paper makes more sense.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:13 pm

^ Well, if it's on Wii U, of course there should be more done with it, they can't make it as detailed on the smaller screen. But really the cardboard, paper, etc. makes the world look more interesting than just a normal 3D world, especially considering the characters are all supposed to be paper. The world in TTYD was also all made out of paper, cardboard, etc. just not as obvious.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:02 am

Zero Revolution wrote:^ Well, if it's on Wii U, of course there should be more done with it, they can't make it as detailed on the smaller screen. But really the cardboard, paper, etc. makes the world look more interesting than just a normal 3D world, especially considering the characters are all supposed to be paper. The world in TTYD was also all made out of paper, cardboard, etc. just not as obvious.
    While I did like both styles, I do think Sticker Star's paper world was a bit bland. Oh, that tree's paper, the clouds are paper, this wall is cardboard. It had less inspiration put in it (is that the right way to say it?) I personally preferred how 64 and TTYD did it, something like Riverside Station or Flower Fields would just look ugly made out of cardboard or paper.

but who am i kidding they're probably gonna go with that style
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

^ Wow really? I'm surprised you guys both think it was bland. It seems a lot more creative to me than just having a normal world. If the game is Paper Mario it just feels weird to have paper characters be set in a normal environment, despite the fact that everything they're doing also revolves around paper and paper related objects.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Since playing Tearaway: Unfolded for my PS4, I can say that I'd love to see Paper Mario take the idea of that world, where it's a 3d paper world with paper trees, & etc through out the game. The baddies were made out of cardboard, so maybe changing up some of the boss baddies to be cardboard might be more interesting then the lot of them being made out of paper.

As for the story, I'd like something along the lines of one I found on deviant art: Paper Mario: Book of Ages. (it's really a good read!) Since I've gotten a bit sick of having Bowser being the main villain as of late. <.<;
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Bossblitz88 wrote:
    Zero Revolution wrote:^ Well, if it's on Wii U, of course there should be more done with it, they can't make it as detailed on the smaller screen. But really the cardboard, paper, etc. makes the world look more interesting than just a normal 3D world, especially considering the characters are all supposed to be paper. The world in TTYD was also all made out of paper, cardboard, etc. just not as obvious.
    While I did like both styles, I do think Sticker Star's paper world was a bit bland. Oh, that tree's paper, the clouds are paper, this wall is cardboard. It had less inspiration put in it (is that the right way to say it?) I personally preferred how 64 and TTYD did it, something like Riverside Station or Flower Fields would just look ugly made out of cardboard or paper.

but who am i kidding they're probably gonna go with that style
    ^Very well described.
    I mean knocking down cardboard?
    Too much paper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 am