The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

2.6.0 Update

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

2.6.0 Update Empty 2.6.0 Update

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:58 pm

In addition to all the other updates Nintendo announced for Splatoon in the Direct, a new patch is coming with some AMAZING changes.

Stage Changes
    Splat Zones versions of the following maps will now also be used for Turf War.
    Arowana Mall
    Moray Towers

Matching and Teams
    * In Ranking until now, teams were divided up totally randomly. From now on the capabilities of the weapons everyone has equipped will be taken into account, just a little, when teams are decided.
    * In Ranked, the following Ranks will no longer be matched with each other.
    S+ & S
    S & A
    A- & B+
    B- & C+
    * This setting may be changed again in the future depending on how it effects matching times.
    [So essentially, S+ will only play S+, S will only S, A (+ through to -) will only play A, etc.]

Changes in Ranking Points
    * During a Ranked Match, if a player on your team disconnects, the number of Ranking Points you will lose if (when) you lose will be reduced, taking into account how long the player(s) were missing for.

Adjustments to Gear Powers
    [see below]

Splatfest Changes
    * During a Splatfest the meter showing your win/loss ratio will be changed to "Fes Power." [Japanese name of the gauge]
    * How much Fes Power you start with will be determined by factors such as your Rank.
    * Fes Power will go up or down depending on whether you win or lose battles.
    * The player with the highest Fes Power on the team will also earn a little bit more for winning.
    * During Splatfest until now players with similar playstyles have been matched together, but in the future players with close Fes Power will be matched together.
    * If the average Fes Power in the team is high, you will get more Fes Points for winning a battle.
    * The number of times that player(s) on your team have pressed "Continue" will now be displayed when the next battle starts.

Changes to Graphics
    The effect warning that a Killerwale is about to be fired has been changed.

Changes to Gameplay
    Fixed the bug in which the "Comeback" gear power effect starts a little late if you super jump immediately after respawning.

Other
    Other minor changes made to improve the gameplay experience.

Gear Changes
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index_260.html

Ink Saver (Main)
    Increased maxium effect from 40% to 45%

Ink Saver (Sub)
    Increased maxium effect from 25% to 35%

Ink Recovery
    Increased maxium effect from 67% to 82%

Special Duration Up
    * Maximum effect for Inkzooka and Bomb Rush increased from 40% to 60%.
    * For the Ink Strike and Killerwail, using this power with them will now also allow you to move again immediately after using the attack.

Opening Gambit
    Speed up for walking and swimming increased to equal 3 gear powers.

Last-Ditch Effort
    * During Ranked Match, the effects become perminant once the opposing team's timer goes below 30.
    * Will also be in effect during Overtime.
    * In addition to the exisiting effect, also reduces respawn time when active.

Tenacity
    20% increase in the speed the guage increases.

Comeback
    In addition to the existing effects, Special Charge Up also in effect when active.

Haunt
    In addition to the existing effects, gives you attack up, defense up and kid move speed up while opponent is marked [unclear if this is all the time, or just when marked by the skill - likely to be all the time, considering you are dead otherwise?]

Recon
    * Effect now lasts for 3.5 seconds after leaving the spawn.
    * In addition to the existing effects, the weapons each enemy has equipped will also be shown on your map.

Bomb Sniffer
    In addition to the exisiting effects, reduces damage that is less than 100.0 from splash, sticky, chase and trap bombs by 40%, and reduces quick bomb damage by 20%.
    * These calcuations are made prior to any attack up or defense up bonuses.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

This is a fantastic update. I've been wanting Moray Towers to use the same version across all modes that it does for Splat Zones ever since they changed it to said version in SZ in the first place. The new team matchmaking system seems to be balancing it out much more evenly than it had been previously which is great. I also like the whole idea of fes points.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

2.6.0 Update Empty Re: 2.6.0 Update

Post by Bossblitz88 Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Daaaaaaaaang! These buffs! I think this will actually push me to use more abilities, I'm always clinging to my Cold Blooded or Ink Resistance. Moray Tower and Arowana Mall will have a lot more room to work with, the little side area in Moray should've always been there. Hoping Arrowana's sides won't look as ugly and blend in with the walls. I don't know about S and S+ being separated, I like playing with the big leagues lol. Good thing they fixed A and S though. Good to see Nintendo cleaning up some areas instead of forgetting about the game.
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:03 pm

The buffs to LDE are so good, I definitely need to get gear with that. Everything updated is cool. I always liked the mall better in Splat Zones.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 pm

I just love the change made to Tenacity. I really liked this ability before but now that you get a 20% percent increase similar to special charge up when it is active. In addition to the speed of the gauge increasing by itself when the ability is active. I think the ability got some good changes. I used it during the Snowman vs Sandcastles splatfest and I noticed a difference. It helps with Inkzooka. It's definitely one of my favorite abilities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:47 am