The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity Empty Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

Post by queenzelda Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity Lv21z3mfqenbbgzzzue9

Disney is putting an end to their Disney Infinity toy-game line and discontinuing their “self-published console games business,” the company said today. After June, Infinity will stop getting new updates.

Disney is also shutting down Avalanche Software, the Utah-based studio responsible for Infinity. As a result, around 300 people will lose their jobs. “This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans,” Disney said in a statement.

There will be two new Disney Infinity releases in May and June before the series ends for good: one based on Alice Through The Looking Glass, and a second from Finding Dory.

“Our goal for Disney Infinity was to bring the best of Disney storytelling to life in homes around the world, and with your support we accomplished that,” GM John Blackburn wrote on their blog. “We hope you had as much fun playing the game as we had making it.”

This news comes just two months after Disney announced that there will be no new edition of Infinity this year, as there had been since the series launched in 2013.

Disney says they plan to continue licensing their properties to other video game publishers but will no longer make their own console games.

Kotaku & Disney Interactive

Tbh, I've had a few family members & even some other people who thought I was into this series & I honestly never have been. To be blunt, I never really liked the way the figures looked & is why I never got into it. Still, I'm sure a lot of people did like this series. It's no surprise to me to see it go, but I'm sure others will be sad to see it go after the last two games are released later this year.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity Empty Re: Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

Post by King Atem Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Actually my youngest cousin loves this series. He'll be crushed when I tell him about this. /: It makes me wonder if Disney was making enough $$ off of the series & maybe it wasn't is why it's being discontinued, it's sad that a series a lot of people enjoy isn't going to be around anymore.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity Empty Re: Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue May 10, 2016 9:55 pm

While I was never into the series I feel bad for everyone who was. I guess everyone should get all the figures there missing before they get pulled from stores.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 pm

That's actually kind of crazy, to my knowledge it was doing really well and I know it's pretty popular. It's surprising it's ending after they've been keeping up with it and supporting it with updates and new figures constantly for so long.

Although I was never into the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm