The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8180
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

Post by queenzelda on Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Disney is putting an end to their Disney Infinity toy-game line and discontinuing their “self-published console games business,” the company said today. After June, Infinity will stop getting new updates.

Disney is also shutting down Avalanche Software, the Utah-based studio responsible for Infinity. As a result, around 300 people will lose their jobs. “This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans,” Disney said in a statement.

There will be two new Disney Infinity releases in May and June before the series ends for good: one based on Alice Through The Looking Glass, and a second from Finding Dory.

“Our goal for Disney Infinity was to bring the best of Disney storytelling to life in homes around the world, and with your support we accomplished that,” GM John Blackburn wrote on their blog. “We hope you had as much fun playing the game as we had making it.”

This news comes just two months after Disney announced that there will be no new edition of Infinity this year, as there had been since the series launched in 2013.

Disney says they plan to continue licensing their properties to other video game publishers but will no longer make their own console games.

Kotaku & Disney Interactive

Tbh, I've had a few family members & even some other people who thought I was into this series & I honestly never have been. To be blunt, I never really liked the way the figures looked & is why I never got into it. Still, I'm sure a lot of people did like this series. It's no surprise to me to see it go, but I'm sure others will be sad to see it go after the last two games are released later this year.

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!
King Atem
Ness
Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1555
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Re: Disney discontinues Disney Infinity

Post by King Atem on Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Actually my youngest cousin loves this series. He'll be crushed when I tell him about this. /: It makes me wonder if Disney was making enough $$ off of the series & maybe it wasn't is why it's being discontinued, it's sad that a series a lot of people enjoy isn't going to be around anymore.

Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 11519

Post by Gameguy1996 on Tue May 10, 2016 9:55 pm

While I was never into the series I feel bad for everyone who was. I guess everyone should get all the figures there missing before they get pulled from stores.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

Zero Revolution
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Zero Revolution on Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 pm

That's actually kind of crazy, to my knowledge it was doing really well and I know it's pretty popular. It's surprising it's ending after they've been keeping up with it and supporting it with updates and new figures constantly for so long.

Although I was never into the game.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:45 am