The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Orange is the New Black

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Orange is the New Black Empty Orange is the New Black

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:04 am

So I might be 3 years late, but somewhere in between having very long rehearsals and starting hell week, along with having multiple dog sitting jobs throughout the past couple weeks, I've still managed to start watching this show and finished the entire first season. I don't even know how it's possible but I did it. Razz

I don't know if anyone else has watched it, but it's probably one of the most interesting TV shows I've ever watched. The way the story is laid out is really fantastic and well put together, and the theme is really pretty unique. I'm sure it's of course not the first show to be about prison, but it's definitely in my opinion the first to have it portrayed in such a way that seems very realistic while also managing to keep each and every character delicately drawn into their own really deep person, as well as keep some pretty nice comedy going despite being, I'd say, mostly a drama. Also a decent amount of gay which I of course love haha.

I haven't watched past the first season yet but so far I think it's one of the greatest TV dramas ever. It's been a really long time since I've watched a show that just has everything made with such precision and care, with so much detail, making you attached to and understand every character and still have a really interesting theme and atmosphere behind it. I will say, I wasn't sure after watching the first episode, but after at least 2 or 3 I was already hooked and after the first season I can definitely say it's an amazing show.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Orange is the New Black Empty Re: Orange is the New Black

Post by Polar Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:11 pm

I've only watched the first two seasons but this is a pretty great show. I guess I should catch up on the other seasons soon. 

Alex is the best character, btw.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:59 pm

^ Well the issue is that Crazy Eyes is totally the best character. But yes you should continue. I'm making my way through season 2 currently and it's still a really great show.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:57 pm

So I just finished season 3, and the ending was not quite what I expected compared to how the first 2 seasons went, but it was beautiful and honestly I feel like would've been a great ending for the series had it been cancelled. (of course, there is a season 4 and 5th one coming) I really cannot say enough how amazing this show is. I'm not really a TV person, but everyone that's worked on this show has just done an absolutely amazing job with everything they've done. Every single actor portrays and characterizes themselves so insanely well it's ridiculous. The writing is perfect whether it's during the more humorous scenes, intense scenes, ridiculous scenes, beautiful scenes, romantic scenes, whatever. The camerawork is truly beautiful. I love this show.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm