The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother Empty Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:17 am

I just read this article on GoNintendo, so I figured I'd just post theirs instead of making my own because I'm lazy. XD

GoNintendo wrote:Awhile back, we shared a story about a pair of brothers that really loved the Legend of Zelda series. The brothers shared a special bond through the Zelda series, and were both quite excited about the upcoming Breath of the Wild. Sadly Matthew, an epilepsy sufferer, passed away due to complications from the illness. Now Matt lives on through the save data that was collected in the Wolf Link amiibo from Twilight Princess HD.

This story made it all the way to Nintendo, and they were clearly moved by it. That's how Corey, Matt's brother, ended up with the care package you see above. It also came with a note that read the following.

Our condolences on your loss. May your brother's legend live on forever. Thank you for sharing your story.

This is truly amazing. Of course Nintendo is just a company, and for many behind that there isn't really a "smiling face" but I feel like they're more than just a company. The fact that they spent the time to do this, even if it didn't take too much effort, is just an amazing thing to do. Obviously it can't replace anyone but it's a really nice gesture.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother Empty Re: Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:17 pm

That was a nice thing for Nintendo to do after hearing that story.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother Empty Re: Nintendo Sends Zelda Care Package to Fan After Losing His Brother

Post by queenzelda Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:36 pm

That's a nice gesture and all but it's not that impressive.. I'd have been more impressed if the developer signed the copy of the game he got. But since there isn't a picture to show what he got I assume he got a nice letter & that was all. Yey, go Nintendo. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:38 am

^ Actually there are pictures and they gave him a whole bunch of Zelda items. Here
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:30 am

Oh rly? Hmmm. Let's see just what this kid gets.. Shirt, shirt, shirt, puzzle of one of the triforces, a watch, a hat, a key chain, a lanyard, with a LoZ: BotW pin on it, & a LOZ: BotW coin. Along with a "We're sorry for your loss" card. What, no game? Looks like I was wrong, he didn't even get a Zelda game from Nintendo just cheap crap they had laying around form their E3 event. I mean.. Yea, its a nice sentiment & all. But umm.. Not to sound like a complete jackarse, but you're kind of missing my point. All he got from Nintendo was their left overs. Just look at everything in that box, it's probably stuff they had extra's of from their LoZ: BotW E3 event. I mean if he's happy with it, then what ever. But seriously, that stuff he got was pretty cheap. More so since I've seen a lot of it on sale at Gamestop. I'm not trying to say this isn't a nice gesture, but.. Impo, it kind of isn't really since it's all cheap stuff anyway. *shrugs*

Still, I do feel bad for the kid loosing his sibling & all but as a fellow LoZ gamer I would have just felt a bit salty getting nothing but cheap crap sent to me with a card saying; (essentially) "Oh were sorry for your loss, here have some free crap we couldn't get rid of during our 'LoZ:BotW E3' event that we had laying around in storage. Enjoy." :p Also yea, I know I'm sounding like I'm upset over this when it doesn't effect me; but I personally feel that Nintendo should have sent him more then some cheap crap. Impo, what would have impressed me more is if Reggie Fils-Freaking-Aimé showed at with that crap at his door to personally deliver it himself; then I'd could say it was a great gesture. But no that didn't happen, it's just a cheap way for them to get positive publicity & tbh they kind of need it since they haven't been getting much positive publicity since they have yet to reveal anything NX related; which has been pissing off a lot of fans.

Sony has set the bar you guys. They SET A DATE for the release of the PS4 Neo, & both M$ & Nintendo need to seriously take a step towards that batter up plate & hit that freaking ball out of the park when they reveal their next gen system: period.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:09 pm