The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Warning a new character joins the battle. Rosalina & Luma Launch into battle!

This looked like Mario Kart 8 at first and then when they showed the Luma I knew that they would show Rosalina as a playable character.

We should have seen this coming since Mario & Luigi did not have the spin attack and Rosalina was not shown in the Galaxy stage for the pic of the day. Also it was given away when the November 21st pic had the four playable characters in 3D World on the Galaxy stage with a ? at the end.
    Anyway here's the pictures from the website.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Main

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-1

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-2

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-3

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-4

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-5

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-6

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-7

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-8

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-9

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Screen-10

So I wander if you throw the Luma do you just control the Luma for a few seconds and I wander how the Luma changes color?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 20 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 pm

YEAH! I'm definiteiy going to play as Rosalina a lot, she may wind up being one of my mains (along with Marth and Villager)

And maybe you control her like the Ice Climbers because of Luma.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Is she controlled like the Ice Climbers or more like Olimar, either way it's good to finally see some new characters be announced and brought in.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Seems more like Ice Climbers. I literally never played as Olimar in Smash Bros, but I don't think he could even attack with Pikmin...
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Well I meant more of the throw them at the other players and they kind of attack on their own during.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Oh, well that seems to be the most logical decision, you can't attack with both at once...right?
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I mean they cling onto the enemy and start whacking away, but it'd be interesting if they made it so you control Rosalina with one stick and Luma with the other, it would be awful, but still interesting.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 pm

I know what you meant, similar to how Olimar throws Pikmin and they attack another character while you're attacking somebody else. So it could work like that. Or maybe one of her attacks will be to hit foes on either side of you, so both would auto-attack the foes on either side of you. That doesn't seem very useful though.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Now that was really something unexpected...
    Mhm... Maybe next year is the year of Rosalina. XD

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Full of surprises.

Sadly, I... I'm not happy with this decision. I won't complain as it's set in stone. But I really wanted someone else. Not her.

At the same time I'm excited to use her and disappointed.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm not disappointed with this decision at all. I love Rosalina. Watching this again I noticed her moves which don't use Luma, she can pull items towards her and curve projectiles over her. Some strange moves but I like them.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 pm

It's like telekinesis except she uses a wand.

How do you find that strange?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

It's just strange how she curves the projectiles around her body, it makes sense, it just looks weird to me.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 am

A rundown of the confirmed characters(which total 19):

Veterans
    Mario(3 time)
    Luigi(3 time)
    Peach(2 time)
    Bowser(2 time)
    Donkey Kong(3 time)
    Link(3 time)
    Pikachu(3 time)
    Kirby(3 time)
    Olimar(1 time)
    Pit(1 time)
    Toon Link(1 time/2 time?) - If you consider him a replacement of Young Link, then yes...2.
    Sonic(1 time)
    Fox(3 time)
    Marth(2 time)
    Samus(3 time)

Newcomers
    Rosalina
    Villager
    Wii Fit Trainer
    Mega Man

Third-Party
    Mega Man
    Sonic
    Spoiler:

I'll prolly put this in my blog too and ?maybe? update it when a new character is announced. Possibly put the videos of each newcomer there as well.

Well, people. Are you so far satisfied with the roster? There are 19 in total so far.

Do you believe another third-party chara will make it? If so, who will it most likely be?

Are there any other newcomers you hope make it?

Do you want Mewtwo and Roy back?

Do you think the roster will be bigger than or equal to Brawl's?

Who do you feel might get cut?

-----

To answer these myself...

1. For the most part, I am. The gnawing I feel when I see Toon Link, however. Of all, I really wish he wasn't in.

2. Hmm. My guess is Pac-Man. He seems the most likely... But I really hope for Lloyd Irving...

3. Oh yeah. Palutena is the big one as is Lyn.

4. After playing Project M. Hell yes.

5. Most definitely bigger. 45+

6. Honestly, I don't want anyone cut but if it were to happen; possibly R.O.B.. Pokemon Trainer as well. POSSIBLY Ike in place of Chrom. Maybe Lucario.

TIME FOR YOU TO SHARE YOUR OPINIONS!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 am