The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Way to spoil a really cool move Sakurai. >_> Looks like it's one of Dunk Hunt's moves though, or so I'd assume. I like how they did that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too. By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts. For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/ For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

That's really cool how the Boxing Ring has the Punch-Out multiscreen effect and how each character has a different title. I also cant for the livestream.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Cool, so I guess they'll be changing a few aspects of some 3DS stages in their Wii U versions. That probably couldn't have been done very well in the 3DS version.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Here's Bowser Jr's trailer and the character pages for Bowser Jr. and Mr. Game and Watch.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Main
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Illust-modal

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-1

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-2

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-3

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-4

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-5

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-6

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-7

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-8

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-9

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-10

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Main
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-1

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-2

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-3

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-4

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-5

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-6

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-7

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-8

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-9

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 Screen-10

It's nice to see those 2 in HD and I knew 8 player Smash would be part of Bowser Jr's video.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:08 am

Sakurai wrote:
    Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once. For more details, check out "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). For Americas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect And here's a stage prepared for a large number of fighters, Big Battlefield!! Fighters can spread out, so it should be easier battling on a stage like this.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSk6HzMBkcWj_9

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSk6IBoqvrFxfc

That cool how the 8 Player Smash pics have the original 8 and the 8 Nintendo newcomers who got trailers before the 3DS version came out. Also it's to see a pic of Big Battlefield.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I guess we won't be getting much of anything new in the Pic of the Day from now on. :/ Oh well, still nice to get some more screenshots.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:19 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

It's kind of strange how some of his outfits are based off of his female companions but, it's nice to see all of ready for an 8 Player Smash. The funny thing about Lucina's outfits though is that she one that's based of Tharja even though Tharja's trophy got removed because, of the ESRB rating.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:47 pm

I like how Shulk has that one alt to be shirtless. Razz XD It's cool that they're based on the characters from Xenoblade, I didn't notice that they were. But now looking at them I can see that they are.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:27 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Stamina-based, Mega-sized with the Bunny Hood, Back Shield with Reflect, Lightweight, Slow, Angled Smash.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSl6i2ka1IxA8u

It's nice to see that there's even more options this time and 300% is great way to unlock the fighters fast but, I don't think the KO's will count this time for challenges. Sad
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah, it seems that the Special Smash matches don't count in this game. Oh well, not a big deal, the characters can't take all that long to unlock anyway. I like how there's so many options for Special Smash now.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:11 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Classic mode in the Wii U version is set up like a battle coliseum with multiple fighters teamed up with each other. Move your trophy and join in anywhere you want. You can see faint images of stages on the platform--the number of fighters clustered on those images indicates the number of fighters you'll face. As you can see, this feature leverages the fact that the game supports multiplayer with up to eight players. After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSmHkCo5eJ75G9

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSmHkO0I9aDAd0

I still think it's unfair how it can be 1 vs 7 but, I guess it evens out if you bring 6 fighters with you to take down the rival. It's also cool how the fighters you beat fight on your side for team battles.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm really loving the idea for that new Classic Mode in the Wii U version. Looks pretty cool, I'll likely play it more than in the 3DS version. (which I've only played once so far Razz)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:21 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. "Your finger stinks!!" "It is bitter, yet tasty."

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSmTd8IJnKWmlZ

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 67 ZlCfzSmTd-wEqIvKR6

I guess the only ting to say is that the Pac- Lad Fairy is a trophy and It's nice to see a funny picture for once.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Lol, I like that. It seems like the Photo Studio really does give you a lot of options.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:40 pm