The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Blockbuster closing final 300 stores

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Blockbuster closing final 300 stores Empty Blockbuster closing final 300 stores

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Blockbuster, a movie/game rental store in case you didn't know, will be officially closing their final 300 stores in the US this year. (or 'soon', but I'm just assuming it will be this year Razz)

I honestly don't care at all...the Blockbuster that used to be near my area closed down years ago. While they aren't actual stores, Red Box can now more easily be rented from. They don't have a very large amount of movies to choose from, but it's still around. I just use Netflix to watch most of my movies/TV shows, and there are game rental services available.

Blockbuster closing final 300 stores Empty Re: Blockbuster closing final 300 stores

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 pm

"You remember the days when Hollywood Video and Blockbuster were the biggies in the rental market?"

"Aye. That, I do."

It's the way the world is moving, so it's expected. I'm quite surprised they didn't go defunct sooner.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Blockbuster closing final 300 stores Empty Re: Blockbuster closing final 300 stores

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:22 pm

That's completely true. Although Blckbuster did have those Blockbuster rental box things similar to Red Box at one point, I don't know if they still exist or not, but I'm assuming if they do, those will also be shut down.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:30 pm

I kind of feel bad for Blockbuster since Red Box kind of took there idea and made it better. Years ago though there use to be 2 Blockbusters and Hollywood Videos in town but now there all gone even though one said they were going to stay open. Laughing 
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am

There's a blockbuster right down the street from where I live, if it's going down that's a little sad because it's been there for oh so long.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 pm

@Gameguy
    Actually, Red Box stole Blockbuster's idea and didn't even change it. Blockbuster created "Blockbuster Express" rental boxes before Red Box was around. So really, Red Box just delivered a wider selection of movies than Blockbuster Express, and became more popular. (although it still doesn't have nearly as wide a selection as the Blockbuster stores did.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:25 pm