The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
Frost-Knight
7 posters

Meta-Knight's video game art

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Meta-Knight's video game art - Page 4 Empty Re: Meta-Knight's video game art

Post by queenzelda Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Actually, I like your enemy drawings; they're interesting. As for the bunny with the sword & shield; there's something a'kin to it called a cut rabbit in Suikoden 2.

Meta-Knight's video game art - Page 4 Cut_rabbit

Still I like the idea of it with a shield like it can attack & defend when it's waiting for the hero's turn to go next. Like the pattern could go; bunny attack's, & then it's the hero's turn who attacks it while the bunny defends for it's round. Thus taking more rounds to defeat the bunny.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:The insect one is absolutely terrifying, what even is that? Still, I'm assuming that's the point. I also think the bunny one is cute though.

Really great drawings. Are those the enemy designs for your game?
    Really? I think it's kind of cute. And I have no idea what it is, I was just trying to draw something that fits my artsyle as much as possible.

Thanks, and yep, but all of them may not be used. It depends on how difficult it is to animate them. I have two more designs, but they're far from finished yet.
    Queen Pikachu wrote:Actually, I like your enemy drawings; they're interesting. As for the bunny with the sword & shield; there's something a'kin to it called a cut rabbit in Suikoden 2.

Meta-Knight's video game art - Page 4 Cut_rabbit

Still I like the idea of it with a shield like it can attack & defend when it's waiting for the hero's turn to go next. Like the pattern could go; bunny attack's, & then it's the hero's turn who attacks it while the bunny defends for it's round. Thus taking more rounds to defeat the bunny.
    I'm not sure how complicated I will be able to make the enemies' programming, but I like the idea of switching between attacking and defending. It shouldn't be too difficult to at least animate a blocking animation, and such details are very appreciated. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Well we have very different thoughts on what's cute then. :p The insect one is my favorite but I think it looks hella creepy.

I like the idea of the bunny being able to defend too. It'd certainly make it more interesting than if it did nothing.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:49 pm

I haven't made much progress since last time, I've mostly been working on my backgrounds. But, next week I'll probably start with the animating. Because there wasn't enough time for everyone to start this week.

Mostly sketches:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:16 pm

You named him Waifu? XD That's great. The sketches are pretty good considering they're just sketches, and the background is interesting. Is it an underground or haunted area?
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Frost-Knight Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 pm

After letting this topic remain silent for over a year, I thought it a fitting time for some necromancy. I honestly haven't drawn anything at all of note since last time, save for the usual school stuff and math doodles, most of which aren't very nice to look at or interesting enough to pay attention to. Thought I could at least show off some of the things I've done though, large image alert.

My finished first game:

My second finished game:

My third game:

Other things:

Now that I've posted a lot of pictures, maybe I can let this topic rest in peace for another year.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 pm

I mean the art from the first game might not have been the best, but you've shown a LOT of improvement, I mean it. I really like the style you went with for the second one and for your current one. And the horse one sounds kind of hilarious.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Meta-Knight's video game art - Page 4 Dda2741ff3004ea78336fafe14ff9765
    More like Cobra Commander with just a slightly different look is all.

Meta-Knight's video game art - Page 4 Cobra-Commander
    Cobra Commander. xp
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 am

Your art from the third game is a significant improvement from the first game. The design sketches for them are pretty nice. I also like the early sketch from the second game as it reminds me of a mix of Zelda and Link. Your idea for the game jam is great, looks like it turned out well. I like such a crazy idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:11 am