The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Society and the World

Society and the World Empty Society and the World

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:56 am

From what you know of the world and society and the way it is today; overall, would you consider it bad or good?

This can range from birthday parties to sexism. Someone killing another for whatever reason to one another helping eachother for whatever reason. Literally, anything.

If someone thinks of it being one way or another -normally, their own view on life- then yeah, it'd be considered as such to that individual. But in a generalized view of how we live today and the norm of what is accepted, do you feel it's good or bad?

--

Just from spectating, the world is full of both niceties and evil deeds alike. As I'm sure it always will be till the end of time. There won't be a time when the world becomes a Godforsaken hellhole place to live or a place where all is joy and nothing's wrong(to that individual it may be in whatever situation, yeah. but as a whole? no.). Unless somehow all living beings on this planet Earth came synchronized with another emotionally to where all is good or all is bad.

Despite all that, overall, this world FEELS more bad than good. And that's because of my exp. with living in this world. I cannot truly say it is a bad place as a whole. But, it certainly feels like it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Society and the World Empty Re: Society and the World

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:17 pm

I'd also say it's mixed, but the reason any of it would be considered bad, I'd say is due to people. Murders, thieving, most of the things that at least I would consider to be bad about the world as a whole do come from people. Of course there's plenty of people who don't contribute to this much if at all, and I'd still say the world as a whole isn't just a terrible place, it's just the terrible things that happen in the world that make it not all that great either.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:01 pm

I think it depends on where you are in the world. Because other places in the world are in worse shape then the US is. There are some countries where people are trying to just get out of them due to war or starvation. I'd say that all in all; it depends on where you live for it to depend on how bad or good everything is.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Society as a whole is just terrible. You have to subject yourself to society's norm's in order to 'fit into it'. It's just terrible. If I had my way; every one in the world would be accepted for who they are: not what society demands them to be.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Yusei wrote:Society as a whole is just terrible. You have to subject yourself to society's norm's in order to 'fit into it'. It's just terrible. If I had my way; every one in the world would be accepted for who they are: not what society demands them to be.
    This is one piece I definitely could say I do not like about the society we know today...

And a reason I'd consider it bad.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Post by King Atem Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:00 pm

It's just the way it is because social media is what dictates what's acceptable as a whole. It's sad that people can't be accepted as they are; because it's social media that's taught us that we can't.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Well yea, the media has always played a role in what is seen as acceptable as a whole in general. The fact that air brushed women are accepted by society as a whole is due to the fact that the media has made it acceptably in the first place. Any magazine that any one buys has air brushed models in it & if you refuse to purchase those magazines then slowly the air brushing trend starts to not become acceptable anymore.

So; if you want to change society to fit your constraints then you have to be the one modeling it & asking your friends to do the same: other wise society won't change. We have to change ourselves & expect others who are in our social circles to do the same & not just accept things as they are. If you want a world where everything is accepted & no one is ridiculed; then it has to start somewhere, as some thing (usually) can't come from nothing. ;3 We have to be the ones to start the change; not just one or two people: but expect change to come from everybody around you too.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Living in Canada, which was voted internationally as the the safest country in the world I'm safe.

But horrible things happen everywhere.
    I am just lucky I wasn't born in a place like Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia or North Korea...

Religion and racism are the biggest issues...
    Why can't people just realize we're all human beings...
    The same...

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 pm

@Both Queen AND Yusei
    You know, I never really thought about it, but the media really DOES dictate people's beliefs on certain things. Not just air-brushed models and whatnot, but even something like how people (in general) SPEAK. It all seems to be based around what everyone else is doing, and although there are many who are their own self and don't allow others to change who they are, it's still the case for society as a whole.

But that's still a bit different, but something that I'd say is bad, and everybody should be able to be unique rather than be forced to live by set "rules" in order to be accepted by most people. And by "most" I do mean most, but with 7 billion people living on earth, I don't mean all but like 100 people or so. Razz Just in case somebody was conflicted when I said most.

@Luma
    Racism and religion are big issues I'd say as well, but people of any race or religion are much more widely accepted in current times than in the past.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Post by King Atem Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Well, impo society as a whole is just dictated to us our entire lives. Unless you watch 0 television, movies, or even music, the social norms are what is expected because it's taught to you by the media. Violence isn't taught, it's learned. Hate isn't learned: it's modeled through others.

Yes there's always going to be bad things in this world, but there's also going to be the good right along with the bad. The world socially is currupt, racist, bigotted, violent, murdering place. But on the other hand; there are people who save lives [fire fighters, doctors, police officers, & the like], people who help to make someone else's day, & people who just make the world better to live in. But the news media, more so the news mafia; always likes to report bad things going on in the world. If someone does something good, you hardly hear about it unless they show up on a daytime talk show. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:50 pm