The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
6 posters

New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd Empty New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:10 pm

I'm not into Skylanders. However a few members on here like Skylanders so I posted this video for them.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd Empty Re: New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd

Post by queenzelda Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Oh kewl! I actually like the Skylanders series. It's got very good voice acting & the game play reminds me a lot of the Spyro series. :3 I can't wait to see what this new game incorporates into the Skylanders franchise. :3 Can't make it to the New York event though, I have other evil plans. >:3 Er, um. I mean I have other plans.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd Empty Re: New Skylanders title to be revealed on April 23rd

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Hm, while I've been interested in the series I never really wanted to try it, so I likely won't bother to look into this one being revealed soon.
    Sir Metal King
    Sir Metal King
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Nationalist

User Points : -134
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by Sir Metal King Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:32 am

All of the Skylander games are easy, money grabbing and have bad level design.

And even trying to relate it to Spyro is totally idiotic, it was never about Spyro even though the first was called 'Spyro's Adventure' it had nothing to do with him.

There isn't much more to say about it except this game has no redeeming factors what so ever.

I'm pretty much certain this will be the same.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Well that's your opinion sir. Razz
    Tetratonix
    Tetratonix
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 151
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemonz Emerald

Post by Tetratonix Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Disclaimer : Opinions

Personally I just hate everything Skylanders, my little brother owns all 3 of the current games and about 20 or so figures, and there's only one way I can use to describe the entire series.

Marketing scam.

Things to note.  The game itself, along with a portal and 3 figures is 90$.  This for a video game is just incredibly expensive.  Not enough, for the past 3 or so years a new Skylanders game has been released.  That's 90$ annually.  And for say, a very nice game with content worthy of that price, it could be considered worth the money.  Oh but no, you don't even have the full game.  And no, I'm not talking about unlocking every character from your collection, there is in game content missing if you don't pay extra money.  I believe there are 8 elemental categories in the game, and the starter's pack comes with 3 characters, meaning, 3 types.  And in the game there are certain sectors that can only be accessed by certain elemental types meaning to unlock all areas, you have to buy at least 5 more characters. And I haven't even gotten to the worst part yet...

10.99$ per figure.

This is simply atrocious.  Pay 90$ for a game, and then required to pay 50$+ for a complete game.  And you have to pay that 90$ annually.  The pricing of this game is absolutely insane.  It was simply made as a scam made by the money hungry EA to increase profits.

So I can only pray that my family doesn't buy the next Skylanders, because it will be a pure 90$ down the drain.

#WallOfText
    Sir Metal King
    Sir Metal King
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Nationalist

User Points : -134
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by Sir Metal King Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Yusei wrote:Well that's your opinion sir. Razz

Thanks for pointing that out. Now, if you'd like to make a constructive argument to counter me then that would be nice.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:48 am

Oh you mean how Nintendo & Disney both are doing the very exact same thing that Activision started with the Skylander series? Yet it's ok to shell out $12.99 for an amiibo. Or to the tune of $13.00 some odd dollars (or so) for Disney's horrible looking Infinity character figures?

Which is the worse evil? Disney? Nintendo? Activision? Think for a minute, these companies are after one thing: money. They always have been & always will be. So what if a kid or someone else likes the games? It's their opinion. If you hate them then your free to hate them. Personally; I don't care really.

All in all something that needs to be faced is that these kinds of 'games with figures' are basically a cash grab that Activision started. Companies doing this kind of thing; make a ton of money from it; weather you like it or not. And not just Disney or Nintendo either, cause Lego is getting in on the action too now. Soon other companies will follow suit because there is sh*t ton of money to be had doing this.

Last edited by Queen Glitter Fairy on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:08 am

And we all know how much gaming companies love a quick cash grab. Also I doubt Sir Metal King has even played a Skylander game & wouldn't know he was playing one anyway. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:23 am