The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
6 posters

How do you decide on which version of the console to buy?

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

How do you decide on which version of the console to buy? Empty How do you decide on which version of the console to buy?

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 am

In more recent years consoles have been coming with 2 different options. Sometimes one option will just be a different color. Other times one will have more memory space. I just go with the cheep option most of the time since I hardly download that many games.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

How do you decide on which version of the console to buy? Empty Re: How do you decide on which version of the console to buy?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 am

If I were to purchase the console myself, probably the cheaper version unless the other one has a game that would be more expensive to purchase separately. But for the Wii U specifically I got the deluxe model as a gift, but I was still saving up for that model anyway.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

How do you decide on which version of the console to buy? Empty Re: How do you decide on which version of the console to buy?

Post by queenzelda Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Usually my decision is based on the games I play the most on the consoles releasing. With the Wii U it was an easy decision since I play the Nintendo franchises the most out of the games releasing for Sony. It took a good year and a half after it was first launched before I bought a PS3, but I got one due to the many games that I enjoy that have released for it.

If more then Kingdom Hearts 3 releases to the PS4, then I may consider getting one. But at this juncture; I kind of highly doubting it: but with time my mind may change. ;3
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Well, Wii U for example:
    For $50 more, I could get a black one (which I wanted) plus, it came with a $60 game and 32 GB rather than 8 GB, plus extra stands and charging cradles.
    The way I saw that, you save $100 by buying it.

So whatever the best deal is and the colour and included games.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:39 am

I decide what is best for me & what gets me more for my money by waiting then getting a console on 'day one'. I ended up getting the special edition Zelda Wii U console when it released since I didn't want to get the regular Wii U console that came with Nintendo Land. Any other console I get usually depends on it's price & gaming library otherwise.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:59 am

It depends on the amount of content, if the difference isn't that much of one, then I'd prefer buying the cheaper one, but if the better one had a much higher memory capacity, as well as come with a game that I'd probably buy anyway, and the price isn't very drastic, then I'd go with the upgraded one.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 am

Has anyone found a console version that's includes a game but is less expensive than the one without it? I've seen a Wii U like that at a game store before, and thought it was strange.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:30 am