The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Should the Sonic series just die out?

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Should  the Sonic series just die out? Empty Should the Sonic series just die out?

Post by queenzelda Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:00 pm

No seriously; think about it. A bunch of the games not many of the 'Sonic fans" seem to have liked ever since very many Sonic games since Sonic games went to 3D.

Personally; I haven't been impressed with many Sonic games myself since all of Sonic 2 Adventure. xp The warewolf Sonic was just lame & boring after a time, and the Sonic the Dark Knight game looked very uninteresting. I mean I do admit to wanting to play Sonic Lost World; but only because the demo I played: plays like a clone of Super Mario Galaxy but with a Sonic 3D character wrapper over Mario is all. And with the new Sonic Boom game releasing, and then another new Sonic title that was announced to releasing after that; I'm not to hopeful that either will pan out to be a 'fun experience' for the 'hardcore' Sonic fans.

But.. Am I wrong in thinking that the Sonic series should just be left to die out; or could there maybe be a glimmer of hope that one day Sonic games will actually be fun to play again one day?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Should  the Sonic series just die out? Empty Re: Should the Sonic series just die out?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 pm

No, I don't think it should. While it is true that many Sonic games since his leap into 3D have been pretty bad, there are still reasons why it should be kept around. (imo)

Sonic is a very iconic character and franchise. It has a large-ish fanbase that really enjoy playing at least most of the games. If they just let the series die out completely, this would anger many people.

But that's not really the reason why I think it should stay around, I believe SEGA can make a good Sonic game. The thing is, they rush out all of these Sonic games to get the money from good sales. People will purchase them because they know there are many good Sonic games, even if some turn out terrible. SEGA releases all these games within a year or two of each other, and that's why so many of the games turn out to be terrible. If they would spend the time to develop the game, rather than rush it out to release, they could make a good Sonic game. Plus, if SEGA were bought out by another company, like, Nintendo for example, other developers could help the team make a good Sonic game. If the franchise were left alone and they decided to never develop another Sonic game again, this wouldn't be able to happen.

Btw, I'm tired, so hopefully none of that turned out to just be nonsense. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Should  the Sonic series just die out? Empty Re: Should the Sonic series just die out?

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

No since the new kids that are starting gaming will likely start with his games if there on there on any system. Also the new team working on Sonic Boom might be able to make a fresh spin on the Sonic gameplay. I think the Sonic Team needs to spend more time on games though like Zero said.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:04 pm

I think a lot of people are really hopeful for Boom, because I know plenty of Sonic fans who, like you said, are upset with recent games, so I think they really just need to hit their prime. Do something new that doesn't throw in a gimmick that takes away the entire point of Sonic games, speed, and don't make it have a faulty control system. Honestly if they can get that done as well as maybe a not quickly thrown together plot they could get a really nice game going.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

They need to work harder and take time.
    Sonic games could save a console really.
    But Lost World was nearly a commercial failure, most kids think Sonic is just some character from the Olympics.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am