The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details Empty Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri May 23, 2014 12:41 am

Today, Ubisoft revealed that its lineup of games for the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) includes Assassin’s Creed® Unity, Far Cry® 4, Tom Clancy’s The Division™, The Crew™, Valiant Hearts The Great War™, and more. Ubisoft will host a media briefing to deliver new content from its upcoming titles, and also will provide a hands-on experience at its booth for E3 attendees and via the company’s Uplay lounge for Uplay members.

Ubisoft’s E3 media briefing, held at the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Los Angeles, starts at 3 p.m. PDT on June 9 and will be hosted by actress and comedian Aisha Tyler. The briefing will be broadcast live and on demand on Ubisoft’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcu6PBvshoM) and Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft). A pre-show – starting at 2:45 p.m. PDT – will look back at past E3s and a post-show hosted by Tyler will welcome back key speakers to answer questions from fans. All videos and trailers from the event will be available on YouTube following the briefing at https://www.youtube.com/user/ubisoft. Press partners are welcome to embed the links in their websites.

Starting June 10, E3 attendees can visit Ubisoft’s booth,– #1023, situated in the South Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center — to discover the company’s highly-anticipated games, including:

Assassin’s Creed Unity: Re-imagined and built from the ground-up for the new-gen of gaming, Assassin’s Creed Unity will immerse players as never before into the terror and brutality of the French Revolution.
    Far Cry 4: The sequel to the top-rated shooter of 2012*, Far Cry 4 players will experience the most expansive and immersive Far Cry ever, in an entirely new, massive open-world.
    Tom Clancy’s The Division: The Division is set in a chaotic and devastated New York City. Players assume the role of a sleeper agent activated to help save a failing society, and discover an immersive open-world game that combines the Tom Clancy series’ signature authenticity with RPG-action, exploration and teamwork.
    The Crew: The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving game that takes gamers on a reckless ride throughout a massive, open-world recreation of the United States brimming with exciting challenges and populated by other real players.
    Finally, the Uplay lounge is back and is being expanded to enable more Uplay members to experience E3 firsthand. More than a thousand members will be able to, for example, enjoy a hands-on experience of Ubisoft’s E3 line-up and other titles or talk to Ubisoft’s development teams about their favorite games. The Uplay lounge will be located at The Standard Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. For those not able to be in Los Angeles, a version of the lounge experience will be available via uplaylounge.com, an immersive website that will feature exclusive content, live streaming on Twitch — including online chats with Ubisoft’s development teams — and more. Fans can register and begin submitting their questions to the teams here

“2014 is the most exciting year the gaming industry has seen in a while. At E3, we can’t wait to share our future of gaming,” said Yves Guillemot, co-founder and CEO, Ubisoft

“Ubisoft teams have fully embraced this new generation and will demonstrate how they are bringing breakthrough innovations to our beloved franchises and beyond in order to offer players the most original and memorable gaming experiences.”

Source

I likely won't watch Ubisoft's press event since I got board if it last year and Aisha Tyler should have been replaced by someone who works at Ubisoft.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details Empty Re: Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 23, 2014 3:19 pm

When did they announce Assasin's Creed Unity? I had no idea that it even existed tbh. XD Not that I'd want the game since it's only on consoles I don't own.

I probably won't be able to watch it though.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details Empty Re: Ubisoft's E3 2014 press event details

Post by commanderedgeworth Fri May 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Rayman Revelations. Wait Assassin's Creed took that, quick someone give me a generic subtitle.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 pm

^ Yeah, I was thinking that. But it probably is a little hard to come up with names when you've made so many games.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri May 23, 2014 10:37 pm

I don't think a new Rayman game will shown up this year since the last one did not do that great in sales.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

Post by commanderedgeworth Sat May 24, 2014 6:13 am

^Yeah, but I wouldn't mind if they told us their plans for the Rayman franchise in the next coming years. If you look at the state of top quality platformers that aren't indie titles you're looking at the Galaxy/3D World team. Retro making DK games and Yves and his crazy Frenchmen making Rayman. They need to exist.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 24, 2014 8:57 am

^ That's true, and I'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't just throw away Rayman completely and never make another game. I think they just won't make another game in the style of Origins and Legends, even though they were the best in the series. (imo)
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

Post by commanderedgeworth Sat May 24, 2014 9:21 am

Zero Revolution wrote:^ That's true, and I'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't just throw away Rayman completely and never make another game. I think they just won't make another game in the style of Origins and Legends, even though they were the best in the series. (imo)

Well after Rayman 3 he lay dormant for nearly ten years (not counting rabbids games since they weren't really about him and ports) until the Origins reboot. You're completely right, it's very likely Ubisoft will keep going with him and pretty likely they'll change course considering how badly Legends did.

I think the thing I'm worried about is how much of a platformer it'll be, there's this nagging feeling I'm getting they'll go back to crappy rabbid style spin-off territory.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 24, 2014 9:36 am

^ Didn't the Rabbids games sell pretty badly too though? I know it wasn't nearly as much so as Legends, but I don't think they had much success with those either. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they think is best for Rayman.

They might just make some more Rayman 2 remakes since there's obviously not nearly enough of them. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:14 am