The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
Kinopio
commanderedgeworth
8 posters

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Kinopio wrote:Perhaps my fondness for this game is because I'm a sucker for puzzle games, but I honestly love what I have seen from Captain Toad and after playing some demo levels at Best Buy, I definitely am sold on this game. It seems incredibly creative, charming, and downright beautiful! Surprised Definitely a lot more creative than some of the Mario games have been as of lately.
    I agree, all of the new Mario platformers since the first Galaxy game haven't seemed quite as creative to me, and they haven't had that same feel of something new. So it's nice they're doing something else and expanding the way you can play Mario more. (I would still consider this a Mario game, unless they're planning to make Captain Toad a series of some sort)

Kinopio wrote:
    Also I think the whole "small level" visualization of this game is a bit overstated. Don't get me wrong, I too thought that the small diorama levels in Treasure Tracker were a bit too small at first until I played the demo. After playing the first level and the level featuring the dragon boss, I was blown away by how much details there were in each level. o.o Captain Toad himself is really small, so these levels are actually huge when zoomed in!
    Yeah they're a lot bigger than they seem, and the developers even talked about that. Without needing the extra space to jump, the levels of the same size in length can be much more compact. They're not really small, they just appear to be.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 7 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Kinopio Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Definitely agree with you Zero. The levels may appear small when zoomed out on the various YouTube/gameplay videos; however, when actually playing through the levels - they're actually fairly large! Also I can tell that the developers had a great time making this game with all the fun quirks and charm this game and its character present. xD

Also that's very true about the Mario series - it's been a while since we've seen some innovative Mario games, and Captain Toad is definitely a very different approach to the series. Without the ability to jump, the simple Goombas suddenly become very intimidating. It's a shame that there weren't more bosses; however, the boss fights we got seem really hilarious from Captain Toad's type of perspective. XD The little guy doesn't seem to care at all about beating his opponents, all he just wants is his precious Power Stars! 

Definitely a charming little game. I'd love to see a sequel (especially for a handheld); however, we'll have to see what Nintendo does with Captain Toad in the future. I really wouldn't mind if the Toad character eventually "evolves" into Captain Toad for future titles/spin-offs. He seems EXACTLY like Toad himself; however, much more developed.

Now...that leaves the question of who the heck that Blue Toad from SM3DW is...oh boy, Toad identities are so hard...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:12 pm

I still think the game will move too slowly.
    Anyways, it releases tomorrow.
    My sister's party is Saturday, so I'll probably be able to play it then.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

@Kinopio
    I think we should let the first game release at least before thinking about a sequel. Razz XD I would also like to see a sequel at some point if this game is successful, though. Although in Japan it really underperformed sales wise, so who knows. The 3DS can pretty much do what the Wii U Gamepad can, so why not have a smaller game on 3DS too? (or even New 3DS)

@Luma
    Yeah, I guess you're more of a fast action game fan. I love those kinds of games too, but at a time where the Wii U has only been getting Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros, isn't it nice to have a slower-paced game too?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 pm

I guess.
    Just, he walks around, collects stars, can't jump...
    I don't know.

Anyways, I should play the game first. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm getting the game tomorrow. As for the sales I feel like that won't be much better since not everyone likes puzzle games.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm

For a puzzle game, 30,000 copies in its first week in Japan for a console that is doing rather poorly is rather respectable. Not amazing by any standard, but it's still in the top 10 in sales in Japan - and I'm just happy to see that. Smile 

I do think Treasure Tracker would have done much better on a handheld considering how much more popular the 3DS systems are; however, I won't be greedy. XD To finally have a Toad game is just mind blowing..I used to dream of ideas for a 3D Toad game while playing SMB2 all those years back and I'm glad Nintendo made it a reality of sorts. Plus, it has puzzle elements just like Wario's Woods! All is well!

Can't wait to play the game more! XD

Get your headlamp Luma, you gotta be ready for adventure! Very Happy
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Do we know what Captain Toad has in his backpack now?

Nintendo Life wrote:NL: We have to ask, what’s actually in Captain Toad’s backpack?

Hiratake-san: Hmmm, I wonder…
    I’m curious about this too so let’s have a look.
    Some coins, a banana, a dumbbell, a pillow…I’m just kidding!
    I think we’ll keep the contents of Captain Toad’s backpack the biggest secret of this game.

NL: Would you like to see Captain Toad, Toadette and the other Toads appear in more of their own games in future?

Hayashida-san: Here in the development team we’ve really come to love Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade from Super Mario Galaxy! We’re really happy to have been able to make a game where they are the main stars. I hope we’ll be seeing them pop up in all sorts of other places in future.

I guess Toad keeps Coins and Mushrooms in there and I hope there's plans for Mail Toad to return when they use the Toad Brigade again.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Could Europe be getting the game this year.

Go Nintendo wrote:Nintendo of Europe's first title of 2015 will be Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, as a release is planned on the 2nd of January. There are, however, some strange things afoot in the United Kingdom and France. It seems that some GAME UK stores already got their copies and packaging it for their costumers. Another note of this is made in Metro UK's Games Inbox feature, where an employee makes the following comment:

''I'm not sure why Nintendo decided not to release Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker before Christmas, as you and your readers have said, it seems like an odd decision. Well, just to make it even odder; I work in a chain store that sells games, and we had our copies of the game in yesterday!''

As for France, a store called GameCash said that Captain Toad will be available for purchase on (again) the 19th of December.

Direct link

I think that GameCash will be in hot water if they sell the game this Friday. It would be cool if NOE dd change there mind about the release date though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:08 pm

At this point it almost seems like there's no reason to release it in Europe this year. If it's going to release right before Christmas, nobody would have time to buy it as part of their holiday shopping, which would be the only reason needed for releasing it this year.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:41 pm

I just beat the game and something happened at the end.

Spoiler:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 am

^ I literally said to myself not to open to spoiler so as to not spoil anything, and somehow I clicked on it by accident. Face Palm! Oh well, it's not as a big of a spoiler as the gameplay elements themselves.

Spoiler:
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:25 am

I've known that since November...
    Still, I'm not a fan of that.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:00 pm

And I'm the bearer of bad news again.

Hayashida:

"Yup, I am actually the producer for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It was very challenging adjusting and checking the production process of this game simultaneously with Ultimate NES Remix.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s stages are all compactly filled with fun tricks and challenges, so it should be a fun game for NES REMIX fans too.

Further into the game, you can attempt clearing the stages with a time challenge that appears on the stage selection screen! By the way, Captain Toad is actually not the same Toad as the Toad who’s playable in games like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario’s Woods, but if you’re a fan of all Toads, I recommend playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, NES Remix 2, or even the NES Remix PACK!"

So, we waited for a Toad game, yet, not the same Toad...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:06 pm