The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities Empty A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Post by Nessness Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:46 am

King Dedede A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities KIRBY!

You know how tournaments work, right? This is a tournament of all 24 copy abilities in Kirby's Adventure. (Excluding the Star Rod)
    It is kinda like the matchups, I will compare the two copy abilities and decide the winner. Let's see the bracket. (Decided by random.org)

The whole bracket:

Schedules
    Day 1: 24 survivors left (1/2)
    Day 2: 24 survivors left (2/2)
    Day 3: 16 survivors left
    Day 4: 8 survivors left
    Day 5: 4 survivors left
    Day 6: Finale

The tournament will start tomorrow, so get ready. Also vote on the poll. Thank you.

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 am; edited 20 times in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities Empty Re: A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:08 am

I think Sleep, Light and Fire will be some of the first few out.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities Empty Re: A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Yeah, Sleep will most certainly be the first out.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:14 am

Day 1

Today, we will go through 6 of the 12 fights. We'll do the more obvious fights today.

Round 1: Parasol vs Sleep

Let's check out the votes first. They both got 1 vote.. I'm surprised that someone voted for Sleep.

Parasol is pretty okay. It isn't useful as it is in Kirby Super Star/Return to Dream Land (where you could do many other things with the parasol), since its only real purpose is to float down slowly in the air. But still, it is not a bad weapon to use. Also, it is usable underwater, so that's another good point.

Who voted for Sleep on that poll? Facehoof

Anyways, Parasol goes up, and Sleep goes down. A parasol stroke can hurt someone sleeping anyway.

Round 2: Sword vs Ball

While Sword got two votes, Ball got one here.

I found Sword very fun to use. Isn't slashing the enemies on your way a very fun thing to do? It is probably because I played Zelda games a lot, but still.. Sword also can be used underwater, so it certainly helps. I also like that Meta Knight has this ability, and that Kirby can duel with Meta Knight with the sword.

The premise of Ball is simple- just bounce and damage the enemies. However, using the ability is NOT simple at all. You can only hit enemies while Kirby is bouncing, which means that if Kirby lands on an enemy, he will take damage. Also, its controls is very stiff, so it is very hard to miss your target and take damage instead. It is pretty obvious why the ability was cut off on the later Kirby games..

Sword goes up, and Ball goes down. Swords can cut baseball balls anyway.

Round 3: Cutter vs Light

Both got one vote each.

Cutter is a very nice weapon to have. While I don't find it amazingly strong like it is in the later games, it is still fun to throw boomerang like blades at your opponents. The fact that its reaction is pretty quick also helps, that it almost nullifies the fact that its range is pretty short.

Light ability is simple- it lights up dark rooms. While it could be used to find secrets of those dark rooms, I didn't like to sacrifice my original copy abilities to find the secrets.

Cutter goes up, and Light goes down. Cutter can destroy Lightbulbs anyway.

Round 4: Hi-Jump vs Fire

Again, both of them got one vote.

Hi-Jump is simple, just press B to jump hiiiiiiiiiiiigh, like Superman. It is very useful on levels where you go up, and battling Kracko with this is fun enough. But it is almost useless on levels where you go left and right, and most of the levels in this games make you go left to right. It is still more useful than abilities like Ball, but I don't find Hi Jump to be good.

Fire was pretty boring back then. While you could do many different things with fire on the later games, all it does here is to breath fire and damage enemies. (The fire can also light up cannons in the stages.) There is not really much to say about it, really.

Fire is a pretty decent ability, while High Jump is pretty terrible on most levels of Kirby's Adventure. Hi-Jump goes down, and Fire goes up. Fire can burn capes you use to fly, anyway.

Round 5: Beam vs Wheel

Again, Both of them got one vote.

Beam is pretty okay for one of the first abilities you get in a Kirby game. It only works as a beam which you swing up to down, but still, it does its job for killing your enemies. I also found Beam to be pretty good while breaking the blocks, due to its up-to- down range.

Wheel is a very fun ability to use. You can turn into a very fast wheel and plow through the levels! I just really like speeding up in video games. (That is why I really like the Sonic series.) While it is easy to fall into bottomless pits with Wheel, it can be avoided through cautious steering.

While Beam is not bad, Wheel is much more fun to use. Beam goes down, Wheel goes up.

Round 6: Needle vs Hammer

While Needle got one vote, Hammer got two votes.

Needle... it's just sad. While it can be used to protect yourself from enemies, there are two abilities that does a much better job at it- Spark and Freeze. While you can not use Needle while you are falling to the ground (and before reaching the surface), you can use the other two. And trust me, that difference makes the others much better than Needle. Overall, it is an ability which is shadowed by its better brothers.

Hammer is just amazing! While it doesn't have all the fierce extra moves you can do with the later games, its usability and power is very high. Even bosses can be destroyed measly with this hammer of death! It is also usable underwater, making it even better. You also need to use hammer to solve most puzzles, like the areas you need to peg the wooden block to open the way.

An amazingly strong weapon definitely tops a shadowed ability which is pretty meh. Hammer goes up, Needle goes down. Hammer in Kirby games is strong enough that real life needles will go down easily anyway.

The losers of today's battle will eventually have a chance to come back later on Day 3.
    We will do the other battles the next day. See you then.

Day 1 & 2
    1. Backdrop v. Freeze
    2. Throw v. Mike
    3. Stone v. Tornado
    4. Ball v. Sword
    5. Laser v. Ice
    6. Beam v. Wheel
    7. Spark v. Fireball
    8. UFO v. Crash
    9. Parasol v. Sleep
    10. Cutter v. Light
    11. Needle v. Hammer
    12. Hi-Jump v. Fire

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:33 pm

But I like Hi-Jump a lot. I can see why it was out against Fire though, Fire is much more useful.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 pm

I think Ice, Throw and Crash are going down next.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:44 am

Day 2
    Let's do the remaining 6 fights today.

Round 7: Throw v. Mike

Throw got two votes, and Mike got one.

Throw is normally pretty fun to use. It is pretty nice to grab an enemy and toss it to your victim. However, the problem of throw is that it is nearly useless in boss fights, since you need a projectile to throw with. Facing the bosses with abilities you can use anytime would be a much better choice.

Mike is an ability you can use to destroy every enemy on-screen. The main highlight is that you can use the ability three times. I really liked that this is the only all-screen damaging ability you can use multiple times. Seeing Kirby blowing a trumpet is nice as well. (There was no yuri-yeah or Chesto in Kirby's Adventure)

Both of those abilities are fun to use, but Mike did a better job as an ability. Throw goes down, and Mike goes up.

Round 8: Ice v. Laser

Laser got two votes, while Ice got one.

Ice is also pretty boring in Kirby's Adventure. Like Fire, you only got to breath cold air and freeze the enemies. I prefer this to Fire a little bit, since pushing the frozen enemies was somewhat fun than just killing the enemies. But still, there is not really much to comment about Ice.

Laser allows you to fire a laser which can bounce back on walls. The bouncing-back ability of Laser created some nice puzzles that required the precise aiming of Laser to solve. But other than that, I thought other abilities were better than Laser. They did more damage, making Laser pretty obsolete for combat uses. It doesn't really look cool anyway, in my opinion.

This one was a tough one to decide, since I didn't really like both of them. But I guess Laser is a little bit better, due to its puzzle-solving element. Laser goes up, and Ice goes down.

Round 9: UFO v. Crash

UFO got two votes, while Crash got one.

UFO did its job well as a rare ability. I really liked how you could use Laser and Beam (Yes, the copy abilities) as well as more powerful attacks. Getting to move freely was great too. Though you had to lose it at the end of the stage, I didn't mind much since this is a 'rare' ability.

I liked Crash. Defeating hordes of enemies is always satisfying, anyway. What's better is that in Kirby's Adventure, it is mixed with a fancy effect involving Kirby fly around the screen. The sad fact is that you only get to use it once. I kinda preferred Mike more than Crash for letting you use it three times. Sure, Crash is stronger, but multiple weaker attacks were better to use while playing.

Though I like Crash, UFO did a better job as a strong ability. UFO goes up, and Crash goes down.

Round 10: Spark v. Fireball

Spark got one vote, while Burning got two.

Just as I said on Round 6, Spark could protect you by making an electric shield on you. I think Spark is quite okay. You could use it anytime if your enemies were coming to you. Also, it was usable while you are falling, so you won't get unfairly hurt. (This is what Needle failed to do..) Spark is a great example of a defensive ability in the Kirby series, in my opinion.

I really liked Fireball. (Burning in the later Kirby games) Plowing through the enemies, blocks, or bosses while you are on air was one of the most fun parts on Kirby for me. Really, who can't hate an ability which grants the user invincibility while getting to dash forward in the air?

While Spark was a great example of a defensive ability, Fireball's offensive ability was better than that. Fireball goes up, Spark goes down.

Round 11: Backdrop v. Freeze

Backdrop got two votes, and Freeze got one.

While Backdrop looks cool, (Seriously, you get to use four different fighting motions while you grab an enemy) I never thought it was useful. Seriously, looking Kirby pummel the enemy is cool, but I thought it took too long to do that. Backdrop just ruins the flow of a Kirby game in my opinion. Plus, it is obsolete in bosses, due to the same reasons as Throw.

Freeze is pretty much like Spark, but instead of destroying the enemy, you ice them, like Ice on Round 8. There is not really much to say about it. I like it more than Spark, because sliding the ice blocks were more fun than just destroying the enemies.

This is no contest, Freeze goes up, and Backdrop goes down.

Round 12: Stone v. Tornado

Stone got one vote, while Tornado got two.

Stone is probably one of the most underrated Kirby abilities ever. Crushing your enemies down while you are on air is both easy and fun to do. Plus, you can not get hurt by enemies while you are in your stone form. Also, Stone can also be used to peg things like the hammer, so it can come in handy.

Everybody knows Tornado is a very strong ability. It's true, Tornado was still powerful on Kirby's Adventure. It could destroy bosses with almost no effort, and hitting enemies with it is a breeze. (No pun intended) However, it couldn't destroy blocks back then, so breaking the blocks on your own kinda got tedious sometimes.

Don't kill me for saying this, but Stone wins this fight. I think Tornado is just too overpowered to make me have fun beating enemies and bosses. (Even Hammer is less powered than Tornado in my opinion, so at least I felt pretty fair while I was playing with Hammer.) Stone goes up, and Tornado goes down.

So, the 12 matches are finished. Now let's see the final results.

Day 1 & 2- 24 Survivors Left
    1. Backdrop v. Freeze
    2. Throw v. Mike
    3. Stone v. Tornado
    4. Ball v. Sword
    5. Laser v. Ice
    6. Beam v. Wheel
    7. Spark v. Fireball
    8. UFO v. Crash
    9. Parasol v. Sleep
    10. Cutter v. Light
    11. Needle v. Hammer
    12. Hi-Jump v. Fire

Wait.. why are there only 12 victors while Day 3 involves 16 abilities?
    That's right, it's time to give the losers another chance.
    The ones who got the most votes on the poll will get to participate.

Round 13: Fight for the Revival

Sleep/Ball/Light/Hi-Jump/Beam/Needle/Ice/Crash/Spark got 1 vote.
    Backdrop/Throw/Tornado got 2 votes.

That means, these three abilities will also go to Day 3.
    Wait a minute, there's still one ability missing.. Then I'll choose one out of the remaining nine.

Sleep/Ball/Light/Hi-Jump are just too useless to go into Day 3. Sadly, they are now kicked out.
    Needle and Crash has its better counterparts, so sadly, they are also kicked out.
    Beam and Ice are just too simple to catch my attention. They're kicked out like the others.
    That means... Spark survives. I still think Spark is the best out of the nine abilities.

Since that's over, let's see the real final results.

Day 1 & 2- 24 Survivors Left
    1. Backdrop v. Freeze
    2. Throw v. Mike
    3. Stone v. Tornado
    4. Ball v. Sword
    5. Laser v. Ice
    6. Beam v. Wheel
    7. Spark v. Fireball
    8. UFO v. Crash
    9. Parasol v. Sleep
    10. Cutter v. Light
    11. Needle v. Hammer
    12. Hi-Jump v. Fire

And this will be the bracket for Day 3. (Also decided by random.org)

Day 3- 16 Survivors Left
    1. Fire v. Parasol
    2. Sword v. Fireball
    3. Freeze v. Wheel
    4. Hammer v. Tornado
    5. Backdrop v. Throw
    6. Stone v. Cutter
    7. Spark v. UFO
    8. Mike v. Laser

There's also a new poll, so please vote on that one. Thank you!

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:17 pm

I think Parasol, Burning, Wheel, Tornado, Throw, Stone and Laser are out next.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:14 am

Day 3

Now 16 abilities are left. Who will win, and who will lose? The results will be revealed today.
    Before we start, let's see the poll results. While all the other abilities got one vote each, Mike got two votes. Let's start then.

Round 14: Backdrop v. Throw

Backdrop wrote:
    While Backdrop looks cool, (Seriously, you get to use four different fighting motions while you grab an enemy) I never thought it was useful. Seriously, looking Kirby pummel the enemy is cool, but I thought it took too long to do that. Backdrop just ruins the flow of a Kirby game in my opinion. Plus, it is obsolete in bosses, due to the same reasons as Throw.

Throw wrote:
    Throw is normally pretty fun to use. It is pretty nice to grab an enemy and toss it to your victim. However, the problem of throw is that it is nearly useless in boss fights, since you need a projectile to throw with. Facing the bosses with abilities you can use anytime would be a much better choice.

So let's compare them. Neither of them are especially useful, and they are really useless in boss fights. However, Throw was actually fun to use, while Backdrop just ruined the flow of a Kirby game, as I said in the previous rounds. So, Throw goes up, and Backdrop gets kicked out.

Round 15: Hammer v. Tornado

Hammer wrote:
    Hammer is just amazing! While it doesn't have all the fierce extra moves you can do with the later games, its usability and power is very high. Even bosses can be destroyed measly with this hammer of death! It is also usable underwater, making it even better. You also need to use hammer to solve most puzzles, like the areas you need to peg the wooden block to open the way.

Tornado wrote:Everybody knows Tornado is a very strong ability. It's true, Tornado was still powerful on Kirby's Adventure. It could destroy bosses with almost no effort, and hitting enemies with it is a breeze. (No pun intended) However, it couldn't destroy blocks back then, so breaking the blocks on your own kinda got tedious sometimes.

I think Tornado is just too overpowered to make me have fun beating enemies and bosses. (Even Hammer is less powered than Tornado in my opinion, so at least I felt pretty fair while I was playing with Hammer.)

As I said in these rounds, I think Hammer is pretty amazing, while Tornado is overpowered. Some of you might ask me why I think Tornado is more overpowered than Hammer. That's because you are invincible while you are using Tornado, but you can get hit by enemies if you are careless if you are using hammer. Since I don't really like overpowered abilities, Hammer goes up, and Tornado gets kicked out.

Round 16: Mike v. Laser

Mike wrote:
    Mike is an ability you can use to destroy every enemy on-screen. The main highlight is that you can use the ability three times. I really liked that this is the only all-screen damaging ability you can use multiple times. Seeing Kirby blowing a trumpet is nice as well. (There was no yuri-yeah or Chesto in Kirby's Adventure)

Laser wrote:
    Laser allows you to fire a laser which can bounce back on walls. The bouncing-back ability of Laser created some nice puzzles that required the precise aiming of Laser to solve. But other than that, I thought other abilities were better than Laser. They did more damage, making Laser pretty obsolete for combat uses. It doesn't really look cool anyway, in my opinion.

So.. what do you think? While Laser is somehow interesting, it is just too weak enough to utilize it well. While Kirby could only use Mike three times, there are many situations where you can utilize the power nicely. (Such as areas which are filled with enemies, or boss fights) Mike goes up, and Laser gets kicked out.

Round 17: Stone v. Cutter

Stone wrote:Stone is probably one of the most underrated Kirby abilities ever. Crushing your enemies down while you are on air is both easy and fun to do. Plus, you can not get hurt by enemies while you are in your stone form. Also, Stone can also be used to peg things like the hammer, so it can come in handy.

Cutter wrote:
    Cutter is a very nice weapon to have. While I don't find it amazingly strong like it is in the later games, it is still fun to throw boomerang like blades at your opponents. The fact that its reaction is pretty quick also helps, that it almost nullifies the fact that its range is pretty short.

This was a hard one to decide. However, Cutter wins this because first, when enemies surround you while using Stone, it is often hard to escape and gain no damage. Second, throwing blades is a bit faster than pounding and crushing your enemies. So, Cutter goes up, and Stone gets kicked out.

Round 18: Freeze v. Wheel
    Freeze wrote:
    Freeze is pretty much like Spark, but instead of destroying the enemy, you ice them, like Ice on Round 8. There is not really much to say about it. I like it more than Spark, because sliding the ice blocks were more fun than just destroying the enemies.

Wheel wrote:Wheel is a very fun ability to use. You can turn into a very fast wheel and plow through the levels! I just really like speeding up in video games. (That is why I really like the Sonic series.) While it is easy to fall into bottomless pits with Wheel, it can be avoided through cautious steering.

Though I said Freeze was a bit more fun than Spark, I don't really find it a fun ability in general. Wheel does a better job in giving me fun. Both of them are pretty equal on strength, so the more fun one has to win. Wheel goes up, and Freeze gets kicked out.

Round 19: Fire v. Parasol

Fire wrote:Fire was pretty boring back then. While you could do many different things with fire on the later games, all it does here is to breath fire and damage enemies. (The fire can also light up cannons in the stages.) There is not really much to say about it, really.

Parasol wrote:Parasol is pretty okay. It isn't useful as it is in Kirby Super Star/Return to Dream Land (where you could do many other things with the parasol), since its only real purpose is to float down slowly in the air. But still, it is not a bad weapon to use. Also, it is usable underwater, so that's another good point.

Ugh, I hate it when random.org decides matches like this. Both of them are pretty simmilar..
    While Fire is stronger, Parasol has an ability to float down slowly. Also, while you can fire
    cannons with Fire, you can use Parasol underwater. A fact is that you will more likely to spend more time underwater than blasting up cannons. So Parasol goes up, and Fire gets kicked out.

Round 20: Sword v. Fireball
    Sword wrote:
    I found Sword very fun to use. Isn't slashing the enemies on your way a very fun thing to do? It is probably because I played Zelda games a lot, but still.. Sword also can be used underwater, so it certainly helps. I also like that Meta Knight has this ability, and that Kirby can duel with Meta Knight with the sword.

Fireball wrote:I really liked Fireball. (Burning in the later Kirby games) Plowing through the enemies, blocks, or bosses while you are on air was one of the most fun parts on Kirby for me. Really, who can't hate an ability which grants the user invincibility while getting to dash forward in the air?

While both of those abilities are fun to use, Fireball gets a bonus point for being invincible whle plowing throw enemies. And that invincibility doesn't make Fireball overpowered as it does in Tornado, so Fireball wins this round. Fireball goes up, and Sword gets kicked out.

Round 21: Spark v. UFO

Spark wrote:Just as I said on Round 6, Spark could protect you by making an electric shield on you. I think Spark is quite okay. You could use it anytime if your enemies were coming to you. Also, it was usable while you are falling, so you won't get unfairly hurt. (This is what Needle failed to do..) Spark is a great example of a defensive ability in the Kirby series, in my opinion.

UFO wrote:
    UFO did its job well as a rare ability. I really liked how you could use Laser and Beam (Yes, the copy abilities) as well as more powerful attacks. Getting to move freely was great too. Though you had to lose it at the end of the stage, I didn't mind much since this is a 'rare' ability.

While Spark was pretty nice to use, I felt a bit more fun using UFO. And I didn't really mind that I couldn't go down ladders (a fact I missed before) and carry it to the next stage, because it was fun enough to go around and beat enemies freely. So, UFO goes up, and Spark gets kicked out.

So that's Day 3 Finished. Let's see the results.

Day 3- 16 Survivors Left
    1. Fire v. Parasol
    2. Sword v. Fireball
    3. Freeze v. Wheel
    4. Hammer v. Tornado
    5. Backdrop v. Throw
    6. Stone v. Cutter
    7. Spark v. UFO
    8. Mike v. Laser

Here's the bracket for Day 4.

Day 4- 8 Survivors Left
    1. Parasol v. Cutter
    2. Hammer v. Mike
    3. Wheel v. UFO
    4. Fireball v. Throw

King Dedede Stay tuned for the next episode. And vote on the new poll. Thanks. KIRBY!

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:22 pm

You know, Burning really isn't an ability anymore since it's the same as Fire now. I voted for all of them though. UFO will likely win.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm

@Zero
    Abilities from Kirby's Adventure
    They were individual in Kirby's Adventure though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Mike or Hammer for the win.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh. Well, if this is only Kirby's Adventure abilities, I guess that makes sense, I really haven't been reading this thoroughly since I've been really tired, I should probably do that since you've been working hard on it. xD
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:28 am

Day 4

Now there are only eight abilities left. Which abilities will make it to the semi-finals, and which will sadly get kicked out? That's going to be revealed in today's episode.
    Before we start, let's check out the poll results.

1 Vote: Parasol and Throw
    2 Votes: Cutter, Mike, Wheel, UFO and Fireball
    3 Votes: Hammer

Round 22: Parasol v. Cutter

Parasol wrote:Day 1/2
    Parasol is pretty okay. It isn't useful as it is in Kirby Super Star/Return to Dream Land (where you could do many other things with the parasol), since its only real purpose is to float down slowly in the air. But still, it is not a bad weapon to use. Also, it is usable underwater, so that's another good point.

Day 3
    While Fire is stronger, Parasol has an ability to float down slowly. Also, while you can fire
    cannons with Fire, you can use Parasol underwater. A fact is that you will more likely to spend more time underwater than blasting up cannons. So Parasol goes up, and Fire gets kicked out.

Cutter wrote:Day 1/2

Day 3
    This was a hard one to decide. However, Cutter wins this because first, when enemies surround you while using Stone, it is often hard to escape and gain no damage. Second, throwing blades is a bit faster than pounding and crushing your enemies. So, Cutter goes up, and Stone gets kicked out.

While I still really like the fact that Parasol is usable underwater, Cutter is more useful while dealing with enemies. It's pretty much because first, you can throw multiple blades at a time, and second, it actually has a range, so you don't have to go very close to the enemy. (I know, the range is pretty short, but it is still pretty enough to take out enemies.) Cutter goes to the Semifinals, and Parasol gets kicked out.

Round 23: Fireball v. Throw

Fireball wrote:Day 1/2
    I really liked Fireball. (Burning in the later Kirby games) Plowing through the enemies, blocks, or bosses while you are on air was one of the most fun parts on Kirby for me. Really, who can't hate an ability which grants the user invincibility while getting to dash forward in the air?

Day 3
    While both Fireball and Tornado are fun to use, Fireball gets a bonus point for being invincible whle plowing throw enemies. And that invincibility doesn't make Fireball overpowered as it does in Tornado, so Fireball wins this round. Fireball goes up, and Sword gets kicked out.

Throw wrote:Day 1/2

Day 3
    So let's compare Throw and Backdrop. Neither of them are especially useful, and they are really useless in boss fights. However, Throw was actually fun to use, while Backdrop just ruined the flow of a Kirby game, as I said in the previous rounds. So, Throw goes up, and Backdrop gets kicked out.

While I like both of these abilties (they are both immensely fun, as I said on previous three days), Fireball is better because 1, It is actually pretty useful on boss fights, unlike Throw. And 2, Fireball is better in protecting yourself due to the invincibilty it gives you. So Fireball goes to the semi-finals, and Throw gets kicked out.

Round 24: Hammer v. Mike

Hammer wrote:Day 1/2

Day 3
    As I said in these rounds, I think Hammer is pretty amazing, while Tornado is overpowered. Some of you might ask me why I think Tornado is more overpowered than Hammer. That's because you are invincible while you are using Tornado, but you can get hit by enemies if you are careless if you are using hammer. Since I don't really like overpowered abilities, Hammer goes up, and Tornado gets kicked out.

Mike wrote:Day 1/2

Day 3
    So.. what do you think? While Laser is somehow interesting, it is just too weak enough to utilize it well. While Kirby could only use Mike three times, there are many situations where you can utilize the power nicely. (Such as areas which are filled with enemies, or boss fights) Mike goes up, and Laser gets kicked out.

This match was sure a headache to decide, since both of those abilties are great. Seriously. Other users will agree with this as well.

Gameguy wrote:Mike or Hammer for the win.

But eventually, I made up my mind.

Both of these abilities have great functions. I think I explained most of them on the previous three days, so I won't really elaborate on them this time. So, who wins? Hammer wins this just because it can peg wooden blocks, abling you to solve puzzles. The fact that it is usable underwater is also good, but I didn't count that since you'll hardly get to use Mike underwater. Hammer goes to the semi-finals, and Mike gets kicked out, sadly.

Round 25: Wheel v. UFO

Wheel wrote:Day 1/2
    Wheel is a very fun ability to use. You can turn into a very fast wheel and plow through the levels! I just really like speeding up in video games. (That is why I really like the Sonic series.) While it is easy to fall into bottomless pits with Wheel, it can be avoided through cautious steering.

Day 3
    Though I said Freeze was a bit more fun than Spark, I don't really find it a fun ability in general. Wheel does a better job in giving me fun. Both of them are pretty equal on strength, so the more fun one has to win. Wheel goes up, and Freeze gets kicked out.

UFO wrote:Day 1/2

Day 3
    While Spark was pretty nice to use, I felt a bit more fun using UFO. And I didn't really mind that I couldn't go down ladders (a fact I missed before) and carry it to the next stage, because it was fun enough to go around and beat enemies freely. So, UFO goes up, and Spark gets kicked out.

While it was fun to go beat enemies freely with the UFO, I found plowing everything through Wheel was a bit more fun. Also, I didn't mention this before, but you were not able to change directions while charging with UFO. This could be a problem, since many enemies could attack you from backwards. Due to that reason, it is pretty hard to use the full-charged attack with UFO, since you will lose UFO if you take damage. I didn't find that kind of big problem in Wheel, really. Anyways, Wheel goes to the semi-finals, and UFO gets kicked out.

Yeah, I think most of you are shocked to find UFO get kicked out, but still, I find Wheel better in my opinion. This was even more of a headache to decide than the previous fight BTW.

Anyways, Day 4 is done. Now for the final results!

Day 4- 8 Survivors Left
    1. Parasol v. Cutter
    2. Hammer v. Mike
    3. Wheel v. UFO
    4. Fireball v. Throw

Here's the Day 5 Bracket.

Day 5- Semifinals
    1. Fireball v. Hammer
    2. Wheel v. Cutter

King Dedede Stay tuned for the next day. Also, vote on the new poll. Thank you. KIRBY!

Last edited by Ness and Lucas on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:15 am