The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bravely Default: my veiws

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Bravely Default: my veiws Empty Bravely Default: my veiws

Post by queenzelda Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:44 pm

I've been obsessively playing this game since I got it & to be honest the demo did NOT do it any justice: AT ALL. Though the game reminds me of Final Fantasy 9; a lot of the reason it does is because a lot of the area's that I've had to traverse in the game remind me a lot of Final Fantasy 9 is all. Same with some of the characters as well. Agnes reminds me a lot of Princess Garnet & Tiz reminds me a lot of Zidane Tribal just with less emo. xp Edea & Ringabell at least are characters that I've yet to see in any of the other Final Fantasy titles so at least both of these characters are new to me.

The bad guys from what I've seen are all just hilariously over the top animated character like villains. Only evil due to their own cartoonish evil & or their own outrageous belief's. A few of them seem to want to kill all of humanity because they see humanity as pigs & that they all need to die. Of which I'm reminded of another villain from Suikoden 2; Luca Blight who also believed the same way. So this is nothing new that I haven't seen from a villain prior.

I also knew that there would be a few surprises along the way. A character I knew would be shown to working for the other side; aka the side of the Eternian's & of course I come to find out I was right.. But only by slightly due to a plot twist to which I'm still: huh with atmo. -_- I also knew that there would be a surprise ending as I've come across surprise endings prior with SquareEnix before; so it was pretty easy to figure out that it was coming. xp

What I can't believe that SquareEnix is getting away with is being able to use the name of a kingdom in the game called 'Eternia'; since Eternia was originally a world created by Filmation which was home to He-Man & the Masters of the universe characters. So I'm a bit surprised that SquareEnix hasn't been hit with a lawsuit by the new company that owns the He-Man series now.. But what ever; since I guess the He-Man series probably isn't that well known any fans it had would've rose up against SquareEnix & made them to change the name of that Kingdom in game... I know I would've but I'm just that way. Razz

Any who; so far the game is really well put together. It's sort of surprising to see how well together it is; though it seems to not know what kind of game it wants to be really. Is it more like Chrono Trigger due to the fact it has a new game + feature & multiple endings? Does it want to be the next Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles since you do have to go around to the crystals & 'awaken them'? Or does it want to be the next new Final Fantasy since it essentially plays the way the old Final Fantasy titles played back when they were: you know DECENT & not action based or loosely based around the stool that is Final Fantasy XIII & Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns. Razz

If anything I'd recommend this game to any one who wants the old school feel of what the Final Fantasy games felts like with out having to put out all the cash in order to get a hold of any of the games in the later series that was actually: decent & not stool filled. ;D
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Bravely Default: my veiws Empty Re: Bravely Default: my veiws

Post by King Atem Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Nice review! But as to why SquareEnix was able to use the name of 'Eternia' for the kingdom is because for the He-Man series you said yourself it was the name of their world. In the game it's just the name of the Kingdom; so it can be used differently since one is a whole world & the other is a kingdom: would be my guess. Though I suppose you could argue that one precedes the other I suppose. XD

Still; it sounds like this is a title I should pick up some time this weekend. Very Happy Can't wait to play!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Sounds great! I'm glad you ended up getting the game after all, since you enjoy it so much. (I remember you saying you didn't plan to because of the demo)d
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Sounds great! I'm glad you ended up getting the game after all, since you enjoy it so much. (I remember you saying you didn't plan to because of the demo)
    Well it's like I said in my post; the demo does not do this game any justice. If I'd been given more time to get into the game then I would have bought it outright. You aren't given much time to get into the game with the demo. I mean I understand that SquareEnix wants to get you interested in the game to go out & buy it but I need more then a few minutes to get into a game before I decide if I want it. XD

But yea; I'm glad I changed my mind & got the game anyway. I mean it was my free game when I bought Yoshi's NEW Island during the buy one get one free deal when Best Buy had it a few month's back. ;3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Yeah, I remember that, I guess it took you awhile to actually stat playing the game. I'm going to need to get the game at some point. You excited about Bravely Second then? (which releases next year in Japan at least, not sure about other regions...)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Yeah, I remember that, I guess it took you awhile to actually stat playing the game. I'm going to need to get the game at some point.
    Well yea, I wanted to finish playing the other 3DS titles that I had first before tackling Bravely Default. Usually the Final Fantasy games (even the hand held ones) are pretty long so I wanted to know that I could commit the time I needed to play it before I started in on it was all. :3

Zero-sama wrote:You excited about Bravely Second then? (which releases next year in Japan at least, not sure about other regions...)
    Well it depends if NA is slated to get it or not. If so then hellz yea! if not then I won't worry about it. Heck I'm still waiting for the PSP Suikoden game to release outside of Japan but I doubt that I'll never see it anytime soon: if not ever. <-<;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, I expect it to release here, Bravely Default sold really well in the west. If they want the sales, they're going to bring it here.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:26 pm

We likely will not get Bravely Second until 2016 since it takes NOA a while to translate games.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Well that's fine I can wait. Since I did just beat the game as of yesterday.. And it's just all... ARGH! I have to get this out.

A letter to Bravely Default: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T BEAT THE GAME YET!:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:43 am