The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region?

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region? Empty Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region?

Post by Nessness Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:06 pm

My favorite is definitely Johto. It had a lot of interesting moments, and there isn't a single Pokemon I hate from Johto. Unova was close, but it can't beat Johto.

Least favorite is Hoenn. While I don't hate it (I like Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald a lot), there is too much water to make me like this region.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region? Empty Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Well, I've only played in Kanto, Johto, and Kalos, so out of those 3, I'd have to say Kalos. Obviously, a lot more can be done on the 3DS than the Game Boy, and it definitely shows when comparing the 3. It's also more atmospheric and fun to explore.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region? Empty Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Pokemon Region?

Post by queenzelda Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 pm

I too love the Kalos region as Zero does. Not that I don't love the Johto region any less it's just that the Kalos region is just so HUGE & there's so much to explore & do. It sort of feels like Johto is smaller by comparison is all. xp
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Considering I only played Emerald and X for the handhelds, I'd say I liked Kalos over Hoenn, Hoenn didn't really pique my interests, but Kalos interested me more in the region.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 am

This is hard to say, I actually loved all the regions so far. However, all of them do have their own respective pros and cons. Here's what I feel for each region:

Kanto - At its time, Kanto was amazing. Many call it basic and plain; however, back in the GB era, this region perfectly represented the aspects of Pokemon. Plenty of long routes, simple cities/towns with the basic needs (like Gyms, Pokemon Centres, stores, etc), surfing routes, and so on. Of course, it's rather simplistic now in comparison to the other regions, but Kanto served its purpose and there's nothing wrong with it at all other than it being rather "empty" in extra details (like NPC population, services, etc).

Johto - Despite being a short region, Johto was very traditional in appearance and had many diverse areas. It sported unique and memorable areas like National Park, the various towers, and even rather colourful cities in comparison to Kanto. I enjoyed Johto a lot, and the remakes did a great justice in representing the true and nostalgic appearance of Johto. While Kanto remained simplistic as a nod to its original appearance, Johto had a good revamp that suited it.

Hoenn - I probably spent less time on RSE in comparison to the other gens due to the fact that I didn't own a GBA. However, Hoenn has many beautiful areas and really emphasizes on the tropical design it had going for it. It was very different in comparison to Kanto and Johto, but at the same time - you had so many different kinds of terrain to explore. Deserts? Check. Large sea routes? Check. Grassy plains? Yup. Even volcanoes? Yes again. Indeed, Hoenn was a very new and different taste to the Pokemon series at its time.

Sinnoh - I felt Sinnoh was more of a return to the more linear design that Kanto and Johto had. It seemed more like Johto in some towns appearing traditional in appearance as well (Eterna City and Celestic Town come to mind). It was more simplistic, but it had very large town areas in comparison to the past games. Additionally, the region really did suit the atmosphere of the story itself in the game along with the motives of Team Galactic.

Unova - I liked Unova in Pokemon BW 2; however, to me, Unova seemed really slow in the beginning parts of the game till Castelia City in the original BW games. Regardless, Unova had VERY large cities and towns (most notably Castelia, Nimbasa). The routes did seem shorter at the same time; however, there were many unique touches around the region such as additional instrumental bg add-ons. There were many different kinds of terrain that really showed how the people of each town/city lived. Also the seasons worked well with this region.

Kalos - Many don't seem to be that fond of Kalos; however, I personally loved the region a lot. It was beautiful and for the first true mainstream title to be completely 3D, I felt GameFreak did a great job. Sure, it could have been expanded; however, the region still felt amazing. The towns/cities were made with care (though Lumious was rather confusing at times) while the routes were decorated beautifully. There was also a lot of unique terrains to explore in such as snowy paths, deserts, garden-like areas, beaches, and so on. True, these types of areas appeared in the past regions too; however, there are so many small touches to these terrains made available in Kalos that these areas look completely beautiful and unique in each area you explore as opposed to being "repetitive" and so on.

Personally, I love all the regions. Though my extreme favourites would probably consist of Johto, Hoenn, and Kalos. Notable mentions go for Kanto due to nostalgia, and I enjoyed Sinnoh and Unova quite a lot as well. I can't really find myself to hate any of the regions really though Unova in BW just felt a bit lacking imo for a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am