The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 2 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 pm

NX sounds like a good name for it. Looks like a good chance of having that as it's final name. I wouldn't be able to pronounce it as "N-Cross", I'll end up calling it "NX"  out of habit. Like how I call X-Nauts from Paper Mario Thousand Year Door instead of Cross-Nauts. I think the name has a different reason that's yet to be seen. Maybe a Gamepad successor and that glass they bought earlier. The cross 2-in-1 meaning seems more likely though.

I'd like to see a mix of NX and previous codenames. Call it NX Dolphin Revolution, ridiculous name but it would stand out. I think it would prevent confusion with other Nintendo systems. Sorry I know it's ridiculous.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 2 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Luma Party Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Wait they're "Cross-Nauts"?
    I never knew that...

Last edited by Luma Party on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:56 pm

^ I believe the game supported both ways of it but as far as I'm aware, there isn't a true way of pronouncing X-Nauts. I prefer X-Nauts over Cross-Nauts but I always had a feeling it was Cross-Nauts.

I also prefer the sound of NX over N-Cross but whatever they choose I'll like it if it does end up being the name for the system. I hope it comes in  a few colors.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 pm

^ Oh, I was thinking it could be Nintendo Cross, where the N stands for Nintendo and the X for cross. Not just N Cross, although that would still be a fine name in my opinion.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:27 pm

NX will be surprising to players according to Iwata.

However, if you only expand upon existing hardware, it's dull. In some shape or form, we're always thinking about how we want to surprise players as well as our desire to change each person's video gaming life.

I know everybody keeps saying Nintendo shouldn't try some weird control method like Wii U, that they should just go for power like the other companies. But personally, I love all of the interesting new concepts Nintendo has with their new consoles, it makes each new one feel fresh and not like something I could wait to buy until it's cheap to play the games. It's really interesting and a console I want to play. I hope that this quote means it will be something similar to Wii and Wii U with a new concept.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 pm

I just don't what Nintendo could add to there next system. They have done touch controls, off tv play, 3D and HD. Of course they could do something where you can use your phone or something.
    Soupy
    Soupy
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

User Points : 413
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : 3DS FC: 0189-9067-5963

Post by Soupy Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:50 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:I guess it's Nintendo's next console? I'm assuming if we won't get new details until next year, it's probably the handheld/home console hybrid they've been hinting at. I've never even heard of DeNa until today, so I'm not sure what'll go on with that.
    I'd be surprised if we heard any news at this years E3, I mean the Wii U just came out like 2 years ago so it would seem too soon for them to announce a new 'home' system.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 am

^ Yeah, and they already confirmed it won't even be fully revealed until 2016. So I'd assume a late 2017 release, if not 2018.

@Gameguy
    I know, they've done so much already...I guess that's the point though, Iwata did say he wants to surprise gamers, and we can't be surprised if we know what they could do with it!
    Soupy
    Soupy
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

User Points : 413
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : 3DS FC: 0189-9067-5963

Post by Soupy Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:I just don't what Nintendo could add to there next system. They have done touch controls, off tv play, 3D and HD. Of course they could do something where you can use your phone or something.
    Haven't they just recently announced that they are making new games compatible to mobile and the App store, or at least in development?

I think It'd be cool if it was like a visual goggle thing where you put on the goggles and you see as if you're the player in the game, but I don't think that would work for a large amount of titles.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 am

It seems like Nintendo will take steps on removing region lock.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/232958-nintendo-is-considering-steps-to-make-the-nx-region-free#comments

It's a tricky thing to do since it could take away sales. Maybe there will be an option for studios to lock or unlock it though?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun May 10, 2015 9:21 am

I hope they do it! Region lock is pointless and does absolutely nothing for consumers, and barely anything for Nintendo themselves. If anything, being region free means there will be more sales, as people in places where NX isn't stocked as well or isn't released at all can still buy it and play it.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun May 10, 2015 6:35 pm

I've seen a thread on another forum of where some one was detailing just what the NX is; but I'm a bit hesitant to believe it cause it sounds like what Sony's already doing with streaming PS3/PS4 titles to the PSV.. O_o So; yea.. Sounds a bit unbelievable that Nintendo would follow what Sony's already doing impo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 pm

^ Well, I wouldn't believe it anyway just because of the source, but it STILL doesn't seem like a very likely scenario. Nintendo isn't really ready to jump to game streaming imo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Iwata has reconfirmed NX details won't be shared until 2016, and says it's "a dedicated gaming platform with a brand new concept."

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for 2016 then! (and probably 2017/2018 when the thing actually releases Razz)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm