The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice? Empty Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Do you think Nintendo should bring back the Nintendo Selects/Players Choice titles? (reprinting older games for a lower price basically)

I think they should. Some Wii U and 3DS games are getting hard to find at retail, and this would be a good way to bring them back while giving people more incentive to buy them with the lower price. They should do it with titles like NSMBU or Pikmin 3 on Wii U, and Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem Awakening, etc. on 3DS.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice? Empty Re: Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice?

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Yea, that would be nice. But it'll probably come about as a discount coupon that you clip from your Que; due to Nintendo's new member rewards program. (This is only a guess; I don't really know how the new rewards program is going to work.)

Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice? Empty Re: Should Nintendo bring back Nintendo Selects/Players Choice?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:19 pm

This is the only way you can get price drops on Nintendo games. 

So, yes, I do think they should. Mind you, every time they've done this I more than not have played all the games or weren't interested in them, so it hasn't been beneficial on my part, BUT BRING IT BACK ANYWAY!
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Maybe it's just me but I feel it's sorta irrelevant for this era of gaming. 

With digital copies and second hand games being easier to buy, there isn't much of a demand to make these physical copies...
    If you look at the "Nintendo Selects" line for the Wii, in my experience you tend to find that version Mario Galaxy a LOT less than the original release version. Some stores still even having the Nintendo Selects version today and not being able to shift it for the price it's asking. 

I personally couldn't think of a single title that I couldn't buy now that would warrant them producing more copies, at least not at this point in the Wii U/3DS' life anyway.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:23 pm

^ Maybe it's just the area you live in, but at most stores (including game stores) over here, it's difficult to find quite a few titles. (on Wii U specifically but some 3DS ones as well) I never see Wonderful 101, LEGO City, or anything of the like, but even titles like NSMBU don't show up very much, and that's one of the best selling titles on Wii U.

I suppose you're right about digital titles being easier to buy now...but still, it's not as popular as buying it physically.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 pm

It's true that the stock for some older games can be tricky to find, with some shops over here not even stocking Wii U games... but unless a big part of the world was suddenly restricted to offline purchases I still can't see that heavy of a demand for re-releasing these games physically... 

If you slapped in the name of any big name Wii U game into eBay right now you could easily get the game for a good price, and even then you could get the game directly from Nintendo's site for a retail price (The price a re-release would likely cost anyway).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:53 am