The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Majora's Mask is still one of the only two Zelda games I have yet to play (unless you're counting Four Swords Adventures and the upcoming games Triforce Heroes and Zelda Wii U) so I don't really have an opinion yet. But I do think the time limit seems like an interesting mechanic and I can't wait to see how it plays out when I finally get the chance to play it.

Also, no Super Mario 64? D': At least it's in the honorable mentions. Kirby 64 is pretty cool too.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:02 am

While the time limit was a nice twist I don't like the fact that you have to rush through some parts. I guess it's great the team moved away from the classic Zelda style though.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:38 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Majora's Mask is still one of the only two Zelda games I have yet to play (unless you're counting Four Swords Adventures and the upcoming games Triforce Heroes and Zelda Wii U) so I don't really have an opinion yet. But I do think the time limit seems like an interesting mechanic and I can't wait to see how it plays out when I finally get the chance to play it.

Also, no Super Mario 64? D': At least it's in the honorable mentions. Kirby 64 is pretty cool too.
    You know Zero, I also really love Super Mario 64. But you know the rules- only two games per console.

Gameguy1996 wrote:While the time limit was a nice twist I don't like the fact that you have to rush through some parts. I guess it's great the team moved away from the classic Zelda style though.
    Yeah, I hope they try something different like Majora's Mask in a later game. The classic Zelda formula is excellent, but I still really loved Majora's Mask.

Final Day Former
    Since this is a double day episode, we are both going to nominate SNES and GBA games. We are nominating GBA games in the first portion, and we are nominating the SNES games in the second portion. Let's get started with the honorable mentions for the GBA.

Rhythm Tengoku is the predecessor of the DS game Rhythm Heaven, and it was only released on Japan. Its minigames are simple but very addictive.
    Metroid Zero Mission was an amazing remake of the original Metroid. It also had the NES version ingame, which is a plus.
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All is an amazing game where you have to win court cases against your opponents. I know, it is a DS game, but it got released as a GBA game on Japan, so I'm counting it as a GBA game.

Let's begin then. Remember, Mother 3 can not be listed due to the rules.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Wario_Ware_Twisted

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 WWT2
    You know how much I love the Warioware series. Its simple minigames and the way how it tries to use the console/handhelds' speciality is what makes the Warioware games so great to play with. My favorite of the series is definitely Warioware: Twisted!

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Gfs_57532_1_7
    What makes Warioware: Twisted better than the other Warioware games? It is definitely thanks to its controls, where you have to spin the Game Boy Advance in order to beat minigames. They ended up making a lot of creative microgames using this rotation feature, and it's definitely fun twisting the console and doing stuff.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 18569_front

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Kirby_Nightmare_in_Dreamland-s1
    The original Kirby's Adventure got nominated as an Honorable Mention back on Day 1. Its remake, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, is one of my favorite Game Boy Advance games. I like this game for being a such good remake of the original game.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 44013-Kirby_-_Nightmare_in_Dreamland_(U)(Mode7)-1
    Why is Nightmare in Dream Land such a good remake? The graphics are great to look at, they added a new colorful taste to the world of Kirby's Adventure. The controls are also very good, and the level design is faithful to the original. They even added different minigames to keep it fresh from Kirby's Adventure. I especially liked the Bomb Rally game where you had to toss bombs to your opponents.

Anyways, Nightmare in Dream Land and Warioware Twisted are my favorite GBA games. Today's episode does not end here, the second part including my favorite SNES games will directly come after this. Until then, not goodbye, keep on reading.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:01 am

Final Day Latter

Only the Super Nintendo is remaining. Let's take a look at my favorite SNES games, and then end the talk. Let's see the honorable mentions first.

Kirby Super Star is an awesome game which perfected the gameplay of a Kirby game. I really liked having smaller games in one, and I especially liked The Arena which was introduced here.
    Equinox is a great dungeon crawler game. It was hard and challenging, in a very good way. Also, the music of this game is nothing but a legend.
    Final Fantasy 6 is one of my favorite RPG games ever. The storyline was great, and I really liked how the later half of this game was pretty non-linear.
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 was a fun and simple Kirby game to play with. I especially loved the animal friends that could travel with Kirby.
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is probably my 2nd favorite 2D Zelda game, it perfected the gameplay of Zelda, and I love going around the Light World and the Dark World.

Five nominations for the honorable mentions? Yes, it was very hard to pick two games for the SNES. But I have made my decision now.

Now let's see the games that were listed. Remember, due to the rules, Earthbound will NOT be listed here. Let's go.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Famicomplex-FamiComplexVideoReviewsTheLegendOfTheMysticalNinja885-112

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 34376-Legend_of_the_Mystical_Ninja,_The_(USA)-7

Anyone who saw Ness and Lucas Talks #8 would know how much I love this game. Yes, it's The Legend of the Mystical Ninja. It is a game where you adventure in the world of Japan. The first thing I like about this game is that every level of this game had a nice Japanese theme- even the areas, the bosses, the items, and the enemies were based on traditional Japanese cultures.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 -Dll5g3vyyX41h0AHgSZnH-odOtzXpJB3Idnn_s7-hI=w702-h517-no
    I also liked how there were many things to do in this game. There are tons of minigames that you can play when you want to earn money. You can also gamble, or play traditional Konami games as a sub-game in the main game. Also the bosses of this game were really creative- there is a lantern man, a boss based on traditional Japanese, and the best of all, a face which grows larger and larger as you hit it. See my old talk if you want to learn more about this game.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Smbox_english

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 Latest?cb=20120817181754

Oh god I love this game. It is Super Metroid, which is the best Metroid game in my opinion. A key thing of the Metroid series is that it is non-linear, and that concept was perfected on Super Metroid. There were different types of areas where you could explore for ever. The controls and the gameplay are also very good, making the game so fun to play with.

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems - Page 2 35792-Super_Metroid_(Europe)_(En,Fr,De)-10
    Another thing is that this game's graphics and soundtrack are awesome. This game is graphically very great, and it tried to overcome SNES's graphical limitations. And the soundtrack is great as well, it is very atmospheric and captures the dark and gloomy feeling of Samus's mission. Everything is perfect in this masterpiece.

Anyways, my favorite SNES games were Super Metroid and The Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

And so, we looked over at my thirteen favorite games for Nintendo consoles. It was fun to make talks again after I didn't make them for about four months, I think. Thank you for supporting me by voting on the polls and writing replies.  I hope you enjoyed this talk, and we will see you again in a later talk. Until then, goodbye.

Happy Link Talk Over!

Polls Polls Polls
    Did you like Majora's Mask's time limit?

Yes, it was a fresh system. [ 2 ]
    No, it was just terrible. [ 0 ]
    I really don't have an opinion about this. [ 0 ]
    You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? [ 2 ]

Terrible fates, terrible fates.... thankfully, everything ended up all right at the end, void of all these terrible fates. Link is our hero.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:44 am

I'm surprised to see Super Metroid, but I agree it's a great game. WarioWare: Twisted is also one of my favorite GBA games along with the Fire Emblems and Advance Wars.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:14 am

I'm surprised you want with Super Metroid out of all the other SNES games you could have picked. I'm not surprised Kirby won for GBA though since his games are hidden gems and not for kids like most say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:36 am