The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool Empty Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool

Post by Luma Party Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:44 pm

DK Vine @dkvine
    Apparently Nintendo has just trademarked King K. Rool's name. Omen of an upcoming Smash DLC announcement?
    1:01 PM - 26 Jul 2015
    31 31 Retweets 37 37 favorites

On Nintendo's online listing for the VC DK Jungle Climber, King K. Rool has a TM next to his name.
    Nintendo hadn't listed a trademark next to K. Rool before, meaning he may have been the "winner" of the Super Smash Bros. Ballot.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool Empty Re: Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 pm

VERY interesting considering the latest Nintendo Direct leak. But I honestly really hope he isn't playable in Smash Bros, and that's not why they decided to trademark his name. I'd MUCH rather see more interesting characters like Inkling.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool Empty Re: Nintendo Files Trademark for King K. Rool

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:14 pm

I guess there just trademarking Donkey Kong characters again since the past ones where about to expire. In fact Nintendo just trademarked Diddy Kong again right before E3.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:51 pm

The trademark has to mean something. First Diddy Kong and now K Rool. This makes me think that K Rool will be the next DLC character in Smash Bros, I've seen votes for him everywhere. Of course it could mean something else. Another DK game with K Rool as the villain possibly? I guess they could also just be trademarking characters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 pm