The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Bossblitz88
Bowser498
TheFrozenFairy
7 posters

Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea?

TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea? Empty Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Not just because I love The Legend of Zelda but plenty of Nintendo's series are platformers. With Zelda's adventure elements they could create an interesting game where you create Zelda dungeons and even worlds. The series is going to celebrate the 30th anniversary in 2016, although that won't be any time to develop it if they haven't already been secretly working on it. Maybe it would be a nice start to a "Maker" series of Nintendo franchises in the future. I really like the idea of a Zelda Maker. The possibility of creating NPCs with their own dialogue, even the classic "It's dangerous to go alone take this!" if you desired. However, maybe it will only appeal to Zelda fans like me or maybe everyone can enjoy it.

The styles could be The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening DX, and A Link Between Worlds. Maybe Zelda 2 as a bonus because it's a platformer.

What are your thoughts on it?
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea? Empty Re: Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea?

Post by Bowser498 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:14 pm

That would be a pretty interesting concept, but I doubt Nintendo would create something like...your own GAME. But in SMM, you couldn't create an entire game, so I doubt creating an entire game would be an option. :/

However, if this happens this may be my first Zelda game.
    I kinda hope this happens b/c of people being able to express themselves in a different Nintendo franchise. But how long would it take to create a full Zelda game (or even level), actually? Razz

But then in the length, those would be long levels, and Zelda games are mainly 3D platformers, so it's obvious on the amount of time you need to put in for a decent level. Neutral
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea? Empty Re: Would a Zelda Maker be a good idea?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Bowser498 wrote:That would be a pretty interesting concept, but I doubt Nintendo would create something like...your own GAME. But in SMM, you couldn't create an entire game, so I doubt creating an entire game would be an option. :/

However, if this happens this may be my first Zelda game.
    I kinda hope this happens b/c of people being able to express themselves in a different Nintendo franchise. But how long would it take to create a full Zelda game (or even level), actually? Razz

But then in the length, those would be long levels, and Zelda games are mainly 3D platformers, so it's obvious on the amount of time you need to put in for a decent level. Neutral

If the game ever happened I think it would mostly be a Zelda dungeon maker but creating an entire world would be interesting.

I think it would take longer than making a Mario Maker level even with just dungeons but maybe dungeon maker would be take the same time it would take for a Super Mario Maker level.

I think making 3D action adventure Zelda dungeons like in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker would be fun, but I doubt that would happen. I think they would very likely to do it in the style of the top down perspective games like A Link to the Past. I think it's better that way despite the fact I enjoy the 3D Zelda games more.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Bossblitz88 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:58 pm

The classic top down dungeon style would probably only fit. I could see it happening, laying down tiles would be just as easy as in SMM. Also seeing more modern enemies being turned into a new style would definitely be interesting. One theme I would like is Four Swords Adventures, maybe even with a possibility of multiple Links. 

get ready for rooms with multiple ganons lel
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:00 pm

While Mario works since anyone can play his levels really. With Zelda they would need to make simple tools that let you make small dungeons and have the right amount enemies and item per game style.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Well, it could work, but I feel like it'd have to be much more limited than Super Mario Maker. I think creating dungeons would make more sense than making a full on Zelda world, I feel like that would be very difficult, you'd basically have to make an entire game. But the issue is, with the dungeons, they'd have to include enough objects to where it's possible to make interesting puzzles and the like. A Zelda dungeon doesn't necessarily require puzzles, but they're generally more enjoyable with them and most Zelda games released after Zelda II include them. If the object selection was too small there wouldn't really be much that could be done with each dungeon and it'd get repetitive.

I feel like it works a lot better for Mario, but I don't think it'd be an impossibility. If they can find a way to make it work then I'm all for it. (although not next year, I just want them to finally finish Zelda Wii U/NX)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:20 pm

The answer to this problem is Nintendo releasing their SNES RPG Maker remade: problem solved by adding in Legend if Ze!da character sprites & what not.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:42 pm

I've heard something about the first Zelda game being supposed to be a dungeon creator game until Nintendo decided to make it a game where you play through dungeons instead, because that was more fun. Not sure if that's true though.

I'm not sure if it would be as fun as Mario Maker or if it just would feel like a bad ripoff. I think it would need a lot of different features to be enjoyable, and you would have to spend  lot of time on dungeons to make them last more than a minute. Really, I think the only people patient enough for that type of game would be game developers, Zelda enthusiasts and some other patient people. I like the idea in theory, but I don't think it would work very well.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:11 pm

^ Yeah, I don't have a source on that either but I definitely remember them saying it was originally a dungeon creator. But the fact that they even specifically said it was more fun to play through the dungeons makes me think this just wouldn't be as good as an official Zelda game.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:34 am

Here's an unofficial Zelda maker for any one who's interested:

sauce

I plan to download it & play it myself. xp
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:07 am

I have heard they planned the original game to be a dungeon maker. I'm not sure if that would have turned out well on NES.

I've seen that fan-made Zelda Maker before. I thought an official one would be similar to that. That looks pretty nice and having Zelda playable is a good option.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Oh yeah I saw that fan one yesterday. As much as I tend to avoid fangames and hacks...that's really cool. I might just have to give in and download the finished version once they're done with it. ^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am