The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Magikoopa scrapped as a playable character?

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Magikoopa  scrapped as a playable character? Empty Magikoopa scrapped as a playable character?

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 pm

According to the Cutting Room Floor an unused emblem for Magikoopa is still in the games files.

Magikoopa  scrapped as a playable character? MarioKart8-KamekEmblem

Source

My guess is that Magikoopa was going to be DLC until they want with the crossover DLC plan. I just feel sorry for his fans since this is the 2nd Mario Kart where he was scrapped. I guess there's always hope for Mario Kart 9 though.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Magikoopa  scrapped as a playable character? Empty Re: Magikoopa scrapped as a playable character?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 am

So this is the second time Kamek (Or this could have been a regular Magikoopa) has been scrapped from a Mario Kart game. That's unfortunate, I would have liked to play as him. Maybe he'll get his chance in the next game. He was probably planned for the base game or they wanted him in the DLC packs before the other characters were decided on instead.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Magikoopa  scrapped as a playable character? Empty Re: Magikoopa scrapped as a playable character?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I mean he's not that great of a character anyway, although it doesn't make too much sense to cut him. They've done this multiple times already, it's clear they want him in the game, and it can't be all that much work to make his model. (or really just reuse one from another game sharpened and with new animations)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:03 pm