The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition Empty [RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Rumor has it that Nintendo has already begun production on the upcoming SNES Classic Edition console. Coming from Eurogamer:

- scheduled to launch in time for Christmas this year
    - development of the device is already under way
    - this unit's creation was a major factor in the discontinuation of the NES Classic Edition
    - expected to stick with the NES Classic Edition's plug-and-play setup
    - will include an array of games which come pre-installed and ready to play
    - Nintendo declined to comment
    Personally I feel like I'd be more inclined to buy this not only because there are a lot of good games on the console, but also because I already owned digital versions of quite a few of the NES titles, whereas I only had a few titles on my SNES and not too many VC ones.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition Empty Re: [RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pm

It's already discontinued I hope it has way better stock though and I would get more use out of it due to enjoying SNES way more then NES games.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

[RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition Empty Re: [RUMOR] Nintendo Working on SNES Classic Edition

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:18 am

They'll certainly make make some from creating these plug and play consoles despite the horrid stock issues which doesn't really surprise me at this point. The jokes about this thing's stock and any other future Nintendo plug and plays if it does release are hilarious. so there's that.

I'd consider getting if it isn't some mythical being on the store shelves like NES Classic was. What I want is a N64 Classic Edition just for the collectors value as it was my favorite console.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:32 am

Knowing how strange Ninty approach guaranteed top sellers like a SNES Mini, they'll probably end up running out of stock, have prolonged stock shortages, and then eventually quietly kill it off while they prepare an N64 Mini >.>

I wonder what major differences the JPN and international versions will have re game titles (besides FE lol)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 am