The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition of the Switch - A Challenge-Based Competition

DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Competition of the Switch - A Challenge-Based Competition Empty Competition of the Switch - A Challenge-Based Competition

Post by DerpyTheToad Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:50 am

I didn't know what board to put this in, so I figured User Content would be the best one.

Welcome to Competition of the Switch, or COTS. This challenge-based competition, known to some as a YouTube camp, challenges contestants to play well-known games on the Nintendo Switch and do tasks, known in this camp as challenges, in order to score the most points to become the champion.

For a short description of what this thing is like and rules, see this video: 

This is also where you can sign-up to be a contestant in the competition. Just say you have a Switch, two of the games listed in the video, and the willingness to sign up, and I'll give you a spot. 

But incase people are still confused on how this works, I'll try to explain in more detail here:

After you sign-up and after sign-ups officially end, you'll have to wait for 1A. 1A is the first episode of the series, and will welcome viewers to the series and introduce the first challenge.

Now, about challenges. What I mean by this is that you will be asked to do tasks in a select game. For example, you might be asked to get the fastest time in a select course in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or maybe get the most power eggs in Splatoon 2's Salmon Run (when that mode is open). If you ever did the TNFS World Championships back in 2015, you may have a clearer idea of what's going on.

In one A episode, there will be 3 out of the 4 games that you can do challenges in. Each A episode, the selection of games will rotate, so, for example...

2A might have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Splatoon 2. Breath of the Wild is not in this rotation, so it doesn't have a challenge.

3A might have ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Breath of the Wild. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is not in this rotation, so it doesn't have a challenge.

When you accept a challenge, you can earn points. The point payout will depend on how well you do in that single challenge compared to others. So, the person who did the best might get 9 points, the person who did the worst might get 6. It depends how many people did that challenge (By the way, if you don't accept a challenge at all for 3 full episodes, you are disqualified and can't play any longer).

The point system determines if you claim victory or go home. There is a leaderboard system for the point system, so, of course, the person with the most points will be at the top, and the person with the least points will be at the bottom. But, there's a catch. There is a thing near the bottom of the leaderboard called the "Danger Line". The 3 people who are under the danger line will be put up for elimination.

What do I mean by "put up for elimination"? That means you, unfortunately, have a chance to be kicked out of the show. When the people who are up for elimination in each episode are revealed, the safe contestants and the viewers can vote who stays and who goes home. The elimination results are revealed in the next episode, and the person with the most votes is eliminated and can't play any more. 

There will be items coming soon to the camp, which can help you in eliminations and even kind of do sabotage-type moves, so stay tuned. 

The person who makes it all the way to the end and claims the title of "Champion" will not only earn "bragging rights", but also a $20 E-Shop card that can be used on the Switch, as well as the 3DS family and Wii U system. 

Requirements for this camp include a Nintendo Switch, at least two of the games listed below, and willingness to be able to attend this competition:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    - ARMS
    - Splatoon 2

I also recommend a camera or even a capture card in order for picture/video proof, but it's fine if you can't access/don't have either of those. 

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to help.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 am