The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My top 5 Summer 2017 animes

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes Empty My top 5 Summer 2017 animes

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Since, this is the last month of Summer I thought I would list my top 5 anime series that where new for Summer of 2017. Please note I won't be counting shows that carried on from others season such as My Hero Academia or New Game.

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes C4bc70df210239b589e4dfdd6b3049411490724720_full

Haruto Tsukishiro wakes up in a dream world dominated by strange and powerful entities called "Witches". To survive, he gets the assistance of research professor Katsumi Kanzaki and a mysterious white-haired girl called "Lily". With their help, Haruto must outsmart the witches and find a way to return to the real world.

18 if is kind of a unique show and an underrated one at that. While the plot of the main character having to outsmart witches has been done before I find it really unique how each show has a different type of them and even the animation is changed to fit the dream. 
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes Empty Re: My top 5 Summer 2017 animes

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 pm

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes 85914

Knight's & Magic is set in a world where medieval knights use giant robots called Silhouette Knights to fight against demon beasts, magical ravenous animals that devour everything on sight. The protagonist is Tsubasa Kurata, a mechaotaku from Japan who gets killed in a car accident. Tsubasa is reincarnated in this new parallel world as Ernesti "Eru" Echavalier, a boy born into a noble family. Tsubasa's previous otaku memories inspire Ernesti into creating his own Silhouette Knight in order to defend his kingdom

Knight's and Magic is the most watched new show of 2017 likely do to it being the most family friendly and mechs being pretty popular. It's also nice to see a group of characters who work with each other as while.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:43 pm

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes Smartphone

15-year-old Touya Mochizuki is accidentally struck by lightning and killed by God. As an apology, God allows him to be reborn into a fantasy world along with a single special request. Touya uses his request in order to bring his Smartphone into the new world with him. God also amplifies Touya's physical, magical, and mental prowess to a certain degree as a further apology for the inconvenience of killing him. Taking full of advantage of his second chance at life, Touya befriends many different people in the new world. He begins to travel from country to country, solving political disputes, minor quests, and nonchalantly enjoying himself with his newfound allies.

It's safe to say this show is kind of based on Konosuba with the added animal friend, more girls into the mix and the smartphone. I also think it's a way better fan service show then my First Girlfriend is a Gal do to the quests that make episodes enjoyable and the characters have more to them then just breasts.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 am

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes Classroom-of-the-elite

In the not too distant future, the Japanese government has established the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing School, dedicated to instruct and foster the generation of people that will support the country in the future. The students there have the freedom to wear any hairstyle and bring any personal effects they desire.
    Our protagonist is Kiyotaka Ayanokōji, a quiet, unassuming boy who is not good at making friends and would rather keep his distance. He is a student of D-class, which is where the school dumps its inferior students in order to ridicule them. After meeting Suzune Horikita and Kikyō Kushida, two other students in his class, Kiyotaka's situation begins to change.

Classroom of the Elite is really a nice idea for a show. While you would expect Class D to be the worst class most of the students seem to be better then you would think. I also really like the points system used and the characters all seem to have a different side to them that they try to keep hidden.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:48 am

My top 5 Summer 2017  animes 6fbda232f61811ea35f97f7dcce6b35a1499884664_full

Keita Amano is a lonesome boy who enjoys playing video games but lacks any friends. One day, he is approached by the beautiful Karen Tendō about joining the school's Gaming Club, but Keita ultimately rejects her offer as he is not into competitive gaming. This rejection sets off a trigger of events in the lives of Keita and his fellow students in matters of both video games and romance with no small amount of misunderstandings along the way.

Gamers is an anime about misunderstanding most of the time. With that said I really like the characters and episode 6 really had an unexpected ending. So now I'm unsure about how this show will end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:36 am