The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes Empty My top 5 Winter 2017 animes

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:24 am

With the winter season coming to a close I though now would be the time to share my top 5 shows of the season. Please note I will not be including any continuing shows due to them already being popular to get another season.

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes 9y7K58aKhAj8KWWqwRWm03oEeBA'

The story is centered around a group of sword-wielding shrine maidens "Toji", who attend school while improving their extermination skills and serve as a unit in the police force in order to exorcise mysterious, hostile creatures known only as "aradama". The government authorizes the Toji to wear swords and serve as government officials, and the government has set up five schools throughout the country for the girls to attend. The girls live ordinary school lives, while occasionally performing their duties, wielding their swords and using various powers to fight and protect the people. In the spring, the five schools send their best Toji to compete in a tournament. As the tournament comes closer, all of the representatives rigorously train themselves in order to get stronger and improve their skills.

This show has some decent characters and the plot is alright for it being a show about girls fighting evil maidens and monsters.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes Empty Re: My top 5 Winter 2017 animes

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 pm

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes Junji_Ito_Collection_poster

A collection of animated horror stories based on the works of Japanese artist Junji Ito.

Into Junji Collection reminds me of those goosebump books I read as a kid just with the outcome being worse outside of a few stories that properly have a part 2.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 am

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes A18553-2645721234.1511046168

29-year-old programmer Suzuki Ichirou finds himself transported into a fantasy RPG. Within the game, he's a 15-year-old named Satou. At first he thinks he's dreaming, but his experiences seem very real. Due to a powerful ability he possesses with limited use, he ends up wiping out an army of lizard men and becomes a high leveled adventurer. Satou decides to hide his level, and plans to live peacefully and meet new people. However, developments in the game's story, such as the return of a demon king, may cause a nuisance to Satou's plans.

I get it the reborn into a game world idea has been done so many times before that it's starting to get old. With that said at least this show changes it up a bit with the slice of life effect being stronger then the adventure even if it's nowhere near the level of shows like Overloard, Re Zero and Konosuba.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes C_n3iyiuwaak9bu.jpg-large
    Popuko and Pipimi are a pair of foul mouthed girls ready to take on every pop culture reference ever made. Pop Team Epic follows the pair through a series of surreal skits and short stories full of internet, movie, video game, and self-referential based comedy.

This show is pretty much an anime version of Robot Chicken. I like the shorter format of only about 12 minutes, how they have a version where the characters are voiced by males and females, along with the many video game references.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 pm

My top 5 Winter 2017 animes 220px-DARLING_in_the_FRANXX%2C_second_key_visual

In the distant future, humanity has been driven to near-extinction by giant beasts known as Klaxosaurs, forcing the surviving humans to take refuge in massive fortress cities called Plantations. Children raised here are trained to pilot giant mechas known as FranXX—the only weapons known to be effective against the Klaxosaurs—in boy-girl pairs. Bred for the sole purpose of piloting these machines, these children know nothing of the outside world and are only able to prove their existence by defending their race.  

Hiro, an aspiring FranXX pilot, has lost his motivation and self-confidence after failing an aptitude test. Skipping out on his class' graduation ceremony, Hiro retreats to a forest lake, where he encounters a mysterious girl with two horns growing out of her head. She introduces herself by her codename Zero Two, which is known to belong to an infamous FranXX pilot known as the "Partner Killer." Before Hiro can digest the encounter, the Plantation is rocked by a sudden Klaxosaur attack. Zero Two engages the creature in her FranXX, but it is heavily damaged in the skirmish and crashes near Hiro. Finding her partner dead, Zero Two invites Hiro to pilot the mecha with her, and the duo easily defeats the Klaxosaur in the ensuing fight. With a new partner by his side, Hiro has been given a chance at redemption for his past failures, but at what cost?

Seems like anything with mechs ends up being popular. Even if it's the same loser kid could never do anything until a special girl shows up type os story that's been done to death at this point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:32 am