The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch  Empty Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am

The popular Wii U game will be coming to the Switch on May 4th along with a playable Funky Kong.

Can't wait to see those game get the sales it deserves now that we know a Metroid is in the works and I'm glad I won't have to turn on the Wii U for this game again.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch  DTRL5CMWkAAFhE6
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch  Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:24 am

What boggles my mind is the fact that they are literally just straight up porting this game to Switch with no additional content or features outside of a new character that can only be played as in a completely separate mode meant to act as an easy mode. It is a great game so I'm glad it'll be able to reach a bigger audience, but for those who DID own a Wii U and who DID play the original version, there's nothing in it at all, not even something small.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch  Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Switch

Post by queenzelda Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:What boggles my mind is the fact that they are literally just straight up porting this game to Switch with no additional content or features outside of a new character that can only be played as in a completely separate mode meant to act as an easy mode. It is a great game so I'm glad it'll be able to reach a bigger audience, but for those who DID own a Wii U and who DID play the original version, there's nothing in it at all, not even something small.
    Like maybe a new area, or even a new boss? Now that would be nice.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:36 pm

queenzelda wrote:
    Winters Thief Zero wrote:What boggles my mind is the fact that they are literally just straight up porting this game to Switch with no additional content or features outside of a new character that can only be played as in a completely separate mode meant to act as an easy mode. It is a great game so I'm glad it'll be able to reach a bigger audience, but for those who DID own a Wii U and who DID play the original version, there's nothing in it at all, not even something small.
    Like maybe a new area, or even a new boss? Now that would be nice.
    Agreed! Obviously it isn't a new game so it isn't expected that there would be a ton of new content, but when they know there were around a million people who played through the first game, it doesn't really make sense to not include at least something new instead of just porting over the game to Switch.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:09 pm

I feel there were other Wii U games worth porting. Not saying Tropical Freeze is bad of course, but games like Mario Maker would be great to port more. Lack of that much new content is a huge bummer too. And Cranky Kong was playable in the Wii U version so that was already perfect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:05 pm