The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Empty My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:03 am

With the announcement of Smash Bros coming to the Switch it has open endless speculation. So until release I will be listing characters, assist trophies, promoted fighters, items, stages and modes I would like to see in the game.

Lets start with my roster.

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Smash_Switch_1.1

70 characters? there's no way the game will have that many before DLC. While I'm in the boat that this game will be using the For engine so I see little to no cuts and if there are they are sure to return as DLC after the games comes out. As for the pattern of each game having more newcomers then the last with Melee having 13, Brawl having 18 and For having 21. So that means Smash Switch is sure to have 24 right? While as the roster gets larger it will be harder to balance and meet the release deadline and it's already a ton of characters if the base game roster hits 70 characters. Also I believe there will be at least a year of DLC so they could increase the roster size that way. Now let's go over my newcomer picks.

Captain Toad
    My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Character-portrait
     We have already have 7 Mario characters in Smash we don't need any more. While I would say that is a good reason Nintendo has loved Captain Toad since, his first appearance in Super Mario Galaxy. He has appeared in Super Mario Galaxy 2, 3D World, Odyssey and his even got his own game that's getting ported to Switch and 3DS soon. Also he can't jump is not a good reason for saying he can't be in when characters like Link and Olimar are playable. The good Captain could use a number of moves such as the pickaxe, head lamp to stun other characters and even his backpack could be used as his recovery after he tosses out an item or 2.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Empty Re: My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:47 pm

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Character-portrait

Dixie Kong was a character Sakurai had a working prototype for as a tag team character with Diddy but, was dropped due to programing issues. Sakurai always seems to go back and add in  at least one character he wanted to add in a past game as seen with Marth, Bowser, Mewtwo in Melee, King Dedede, Sonic, Snake, Lucus and Wario in Brawl and Miis, Pac-Man, Villager in For. She can be a character build on Diddy's model and share a few moves while also having her own unique moves such as bubble gum, her hair attacks and guitar. I say due to Tropical Freeze and the fact that it's getting a Switch port gives her a decent chance. Dixie is also one of the few Nintendo all-stars who has yet to join the battle and I'm sure she did while on the ballot.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Empty Re: My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 pm

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  +gEmP27Lu0ltejnsBJQFbatXh8b9uNmPsfLVHzoRZ+sY0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Each Smash game since, Melee has added in at least one new retro character, Whether it be Game and Watch and Ice Climbers in Melee, Pit and ROB in Brawl and Duck Hunt in For. While most would say the next retro character is sure to be Takamaru or Excitebiker those feel like the safer 2nd pick for the retro character as seen with Ice Climbers and Pit. While it's hard to think of a moveset he is sure to use his gun and maybe he can toss his hat at fighters. I'm sure Sakurai can come up with some crazy moves if he was able to make a moveset for a toy.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:00 pm

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  2Q==

Ever since Kirby's Return to Dreamland Bandana Waddle Dee has been a fan favorite character appearing in almost ever Kirby game in some wey. He was playable in Return to Dreamland, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Kirby's helper in Battle Royale and the first dream friend you could use in Star Allies. He can toss his spear, spin it up into the air as his recovery and counter with the spear as his down B.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 pm

What Gen 7 is old news so they would go with a new Gen 8 Pokemon right? While 
    Gen 8 had to be in the really early stages back in 2016 and they should just go with a popular Pokemon like Decidueye and make the Gen 8 Pokemon DLC. Decidueye can use attacks such as Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Brave Bird and Sucker Punch. For his final Smash it just has to be his exclusive Z move and he would complete the starter set.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:33 pm

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Latest?cb=20150817121640&path-prefix=en

Remember they robot toy Sakurai bought for his next project? 

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  Large

While you could say he just used it for the Inklings the figure looks to realistic to use on them. The mech could be used to design Elma's final Smash and she is sure to use her gun and all of the arts in Xenoblade Chronicles X that Shulk does not already use.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 pm

The roster was set in stone in 2016 so Spring Man has no chance right? While the current look for Spring Man might have been in place by when they set the roster in place around Summer of 2016. Also Sakurai is no stranger for working on characters before there a thing such as Roy and Greninja. Spring Man can play like Little Mac with more range and he would also have a counter and for the final Smash it has to be his Rush attack. I feel like Spring Man will be DLC if he does not make the base game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:11 pm

My roster for Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch  9k=

Bomberman has been a requested character since, Brawl and I feel like he's the next 3rd party newcomer that fits and has the most fan support. He's owned by a Japanese company, has fan support and he fits right in next to Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man. He can toss bombs with his hands, kick them with his feat and maybe he could use some of the items from his series as while. The only issue is would Sakurai work with Konami again after how they treated his friend Kojima?

The Hero from Dragon Quest is the best rep for Dragon Quest overall. He can use thunder, fire, wind and many more spells and if they wanted they can make Hero an avatar like character like the Inklings, Robin, Corrin and Villager.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:11 am